Author Topic: So then...  (Read 24875 times)

ZzReVeNg3zZ

• Donator
  • Rebel Commander

• View Profile
Re: So then...
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2014, 03:25:25 pm »
This isn't your personal flame war thread, ZzReVeNg3zZ. He corrected an error you made. If you have a problem with that, then its YOUR problem.

Likewise, however if you have a problem with what I've got to say then that's YOUR problem. I wasn't addressing you and never intended to.

buttplug

• Community Member
  • Rebel Captain

• Personal Text
    Omar
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2014, 03:33:48 pm »
This isn't your personal flame war thread, ZzReVeNg3zZ. He corrected an error you made. If you have a problem with that, then its YOUR problem.

Likewise, however if you have a problem with what I've got to say then that's YOUR problem. I wasn't addressing you and never intended to.

No, you derailing the thread is YOUR problem. You made a personal attack on another person simply for pointing out an error YOU made. This isn't your diary. I'm not gonna sit here and continue to feed into your bad habit. I've said what needs to be said, lets hope you listen with the intent of learning and not just to reply.

P.S. I'm sorry for being a dick about it
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 03:35:23 pm by buttplug »

ZzReVeNg3zZ

• Donator
  • Rebel Commander

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2014, 03:38:37 pm »

No, you derailing the thread is YOUR problem. You made a personal attack on another person simply for pointing out an error YOU made. This isn't your diary. I'm not gonna sit here and continue to feed into your bad habit. I've said what needs to be said, lets hope you listen with the intent of learning and not just to reply.

P.S. I'm sorry for being a dick about it

Just saying that if you aren't happy about what I posted then you shouldn't of got involved because now it's escalated.

I have absolutely no problem with you what-so-ever, and you're theory of listening to learn and not just to reply is the whole argument I was establishing in the first place.

P.S I don't take it personally haha.

Elevate

• Rebel Commander

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2014, 10:01:14 pm »
Just saying that if you aren't happy about what I posted then you shouldn't of got involved because now it's escalated.
This is rich considering what you've fallen victim of no more than 1 page ago.

I 100% agree that 2006 is no longer popular, I've previously said this numerous times.
I'm yet to see where you've said this numerous times. Considering one of your replies were pretty much saying the complete opposite, trying to inform people that there's another 06 server "Soaring" with interest.

What I'm telling you is (and I do not understand how you fail to grasp this) is that 2006 Revived is a recent edition to the 2006 scene (regardless of how recent it is, it's a hell of a lot newer than RR) thus it is surprising how a NEW server can generate as much attention as one that's been going strong for 2 years (I believe, again, regardless of my time estimations it is obvious what I'm getting at).
Recent isn't 5 months, at the least. They're a newer server, not new. It's not surprising that a newer server has an equal amount of players. They have good updates, more complete server than ours, most probably better staff/players who are active. Being a server that is in fact old, that's not a good thing when you're thirsty for players. (and I do not understand how you fail to grasp this)

As to "the internet not being the place for me", I have no problem with people sharing their arguments on these forums what-so-ever, even if I disagree with them, what I do have a minor problem with is when despite giving my best attempt to explain to you what I meant numerous times, you still fail to see what I'm saying and tend to take note of the minor errors rather than seeing the bigger picture.
So at first you're saying I was sharing an argument but then you change it up and insist that I'm not seeing what you're saying. I completely see what you're saying and it was wrong, hence why i corrected it to make it accurate. So if i may add this, you have a problem with being wrong. You've taken what I said way to personally, all I did was correct a part in your post and you've turned into a sook.

I've forgotten who actually said this quote, but a man made a point saying something along the lines of;
"The problem with many people is that they listen with intent to reply, not to learn or understand."
This isn't a quote, but it's pretty relevant.
"When you're wrong don't just cry and start a fight"

As Buttplug said, this didn't need to start. You didn't have to come back and start flaming just because I corrected something you said, and just from that you've turned the topic into something it wasn't intended to be.

Recoil

• Rebel Leader

• Power Absolute

• Personal Text
    Surprise, bitch!
    • View Profile
    • My Development Projects
« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2014, 12:37:20 am »
Advertising means nothing, it's all about the owners being inactive and not adding anything, same reason WS died. James is really the only one who's made a consistent effort to be fair and active on both forums. Bit ridiculous and inexcusable if you ask me.

ZzReVeNg3zZ

• Donator
  • Rebel Commander

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2014, 01:02:37 am »
Now it looks to me like you're blowing things completely out of proportion by taking the time to analyse every paragraph I've written, maybe its because you've got too much time on your hands, who knows.

I figured I'd take the time to give it a go using your style of discussion, I decided I'd  share with you what you seem to be getting wrong by breaking it down bit by bit, only because your general understanding is at a dangerously low level.

Unable to quote as I'm on a mobile device, so bare with me.

Let's begin.

"They're a newer server, not new."

From this we can see that you're agreeing with me, which is funny because it hasn't seemed like it. New is new at the end of the day, an iPhone that's 3 months old isn't brand new, but it's NEWER than the previous model, so it's simply new..

Looking at it with this logic, 2006Revived is new compared to RuneRebels (what I've been saying all along).

"It's not surprising that a newer server has an equal amount of players.
They have good updates, more complete server than ours, most
probably better staff/players who are active."

This is what I was getting at when I mentioned how it's funny how the tides change, once a strong part of the RSPS community is now only level with a server that came about recently, that's how mediocre things are becoming, you said it yourself "more complete server than ours" which I feel strange considering the duration of time its been up compared to RR.

"This is rich considering what you've fallen victim of no more than 1
page ago."

Am I wrong in thinking that you were the one who responded to my post in the first place?

"I'm yet to see where you've said this numerous times."

Clearly you don't pay much attention to any of my other posts located on various different threads, which I understand to be honest because I pay no attention to your posts either, but just in case you feel like having a look more specifically, all you have to do is look at previous posts on my profile, simple enough.

"So at first you're saying I was sharing an argument but then you
change it up and insist that I'm not seeing what you're saying. I
completely see what you're saying and it was wrong, hence why i
corrected it to make it accurate."

Completely incorrect, you've missed my entire point from the first minute you read it, which is why for some strange reason you pass it off as wrong. It is not specific about times and dates, it is about the sheer fact that;

A) A much, much new(er) *put the "er" in for you to understand better* server has managed to generate the same amount of interest as this one.

B) And you said it yourself, even a server put online in March already has much more content than this one.

"So if i may add this, you have a problem with being wrong. You've taken what I said way to personally, all I did was correct a part in your post and you've turned into a sook."

Although I may of reacted inappropriately, I have no problem being wrong what-so-ever, I've already agreed that my time estimations were wrong, what irritated me was that you focussed on the minor problems of what I was saying instead of taking the time to think about what I meant in t first place.

"When you're wrong don't just cry and start a fight."

That's an interesting phrase, wise words, yet I've accepted my errors and you still fail to interpret what we're even discussing.

And finally,

"As Buttplug said, this didn't need to start. You didn't have to come
back and start flaming just because I corrected something you said,
and just from that you've turned the topic into something it wasn't
intended to be."

I think you're absolutely right, this didn't need to start, however it isn't exactly diffusing the situation for you to come and write an essay or some kind of synopsis with a more detailed analysis than an A* English exam.

And the harm is already done to be honest, for those of you reading this I am sorry that this fuss has occurred, this is legitimately the first time I've ever argued with someone on the RuneRebels forums, and I also intend it to be the last.

I'm also apologising on behalf of Elevate, because for some reason I fail to see the possibility of him ever doing so.

James

• Developer
  • Rebel Captain

• Sean is my son

• Personal Text
    The RR Grandpa
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2014, 01:09:03 am »
Advertising means nothing, it's all about the owners being inactive and not adding anything, same reason WS died. James is really the only one who's made a consistent effort to be fair and active on both forums. Bit ridiculous and inexcusable if you ask me.

And shortly both games! I would love to see Worldscape be itself again. I miss it more than anything.
Hi, I'm James. I'm old as hell.

I need to Java again, lol

Elevate

• Rebel Commander

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2014, 10:06:59 am »
Now it looks to me like you're blowing things completely out of proportion by taking the time to analyse every paragraph I've written, maybe its because you've got too much time on your hands, who knows.
You've lost the argument before it's even started. A statement followed directly by a hypocritical course of actions. I commend you.

"They're a newer server, not new."

From this we can see that you're agreeing with me, which is funny because it hasn't seemed like it. New is new at the end of the day, an iPhone that's 3 months old isn't brand new, but it's NEWER than the previous model, so it's simply new..

Looking at it with this logic, 2006Revived is new compared to RuneRebels (what I've been saying all along).
I am in no way, shape, or form agreeing with what you're saying. We've somewhere along the lines forgot that you said this server is WEEKS old and "Soaring" with interest. Neither of them are true, not even in the slightest. I corrected that and now look where you're standing, trying to defend yourself with using iPhones.

"It's not surprising that a newer server has an equal amount of players.
They have good updates, more complete server than ours, most
probably better staff/players who are active."

This is what I was getting at when I mentioned how it's funny how the tides change, once a strong part of the RSPS community is now only level with a server that came about recently, that's how mediocre things are becoming, you said it yourself "more complete server than ours" which I feel strange considering the duration of time its been up compared to RR.
I didn't disagree that this server has turned to shit. We stand eye to eye on that one.

"This is rich considering what you've fallen victim of no more than 1
page ago."

Am I wrong in thinking that you were the one who responded to my post in the first place?
Meaning if you weren't happy with what I posted, in the first place, then you shouldn't have replied. Exact words dripping out of your mouth towards another member.

"I'm yet to see where you've said this numerous times."

Clearly you don't pay much attention to any of my other posts located on various different threads, which I understand to be honest because I pay no attention to your posts either, but just in case you feel like having a look more specifically, all you have to do is look at previous posts on my profile, simple enough.
Please link me when you've said it numerous times. Please & thank-you. I fail to see where you've said it, especially numerous times.

"So at first you're saying I was sharing an argument but then you
change it up and insist that I'm not seeing what you're saying. I
completely see what you're saying and it was wrong, hence why i
corrected it to make it accurate."

A) A much, much new(er) *put the "er" in for you to understand better* server has managed to generate the same amount of interest as this one.
Now hold on, if it's "generating the same amount of interest as this one", does that mean that Runerebels is also "Soaring with interest"?

B) And you said it yourself, even a server put online in March already has much more content than this one.
Haven't dissagree'd on this once don't see why you've found it relevant not once but twice to add this.

"So if i may add this, you have a problem with being wrong. You've taken what I said way to personally, all I did was correct a part in your post and you've turned into a sook."

Although I may of reacted inappropriately, I have no problem being wrong what-so-ever, I've already agreed that my time estimations were wrong, what irritated me was that you focussed on the minor problems of what I was saying instead of taking the time to think about what I meant in t first place.
Once again, you're assuming that I didn't comprehend/understand what you originally said. I understood very well thank you for your worry, but you were also wrong and the post was not correct. I corrected you. There was no need for follow up dilemmas because you were "annoyed" at being corrected.

"When you're wrong don't just cry and start a fight."

That's an interesting phrase, wise words, yet I've accepted my errors and you still fail to interpret what we're even discussing.
Above ^

"As Buttplug said, this didn't need to start. You didn't have to come
back and start flaming just because I corrected something you said,
and just from that you've turned the topic into something it wasn't
intended to be."

I think you're absolutely right, this didn't need to start, however it isn't exactly diffusing the situation for you to come and write an essay or some kind of synopsis with a more detailed analysis than an A* English exam.

And the harm is already done to be honest, for those of you reading this I am sorry that this fuss has occurred, this is legitimately the first time I've ever argued with someone on the RuneRebels forums, and I also intend it to be the last.

I'm also apologising on behalf of Elevate, because for some reason I fail to see the possibility of him ever doing so.
You wanted a flame war, you got one. Your jimmies were rustled due to being corrected. It's not a big deal being corrected, you'll be corrected a million times before you die as will I. Thank you for the feed back on my essay, yours wasn't too bad. 4/10 for length (Marked down due to lack of quotes) 1/10 for content though.

I don't think you need to apologise, we've created more entertainment for the community than they'd ever get from the server these days. Also don't apologise for me ever again, I'm capable of presenting my own apologies if i deem necessary. Neither of us need to apologise in this situation.

ZzReVeNg3zZ

• Donator
  • Rebel Commander

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2014, 10:44:19 am »
"Once again, you're assuming that I didn't comprehend/understand what you originally said. I understood very well thank you for your worry, but you were also wrong and the post was not correct. I corrected you."

I honestly wish you told me you understood a page ago, because that is the only reason I got a stick up my ass. I'm going to leave it anyway because it's already ruined the thread enough, and even if I wanted to I dont have time to constantly post 1000 word explanations for what I'm saying haha.

Just so you know I never wanted a flame war, but you're right this probably was a decent source of entertainment for the others as the game itself right now is dead.

Anyways, no hard feelings, nothing personal.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 10:49:05 am by ZzReVeNg3zZ »

Brothership

• Quest Developer
  • Rebel Captain

• Onurs bitch.

• Personal Text
    Hey, you're pretty fly for a white guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2014, 11:28:27 am »
I need more popcorn. This thread made the forums a bit more alive again. Its always nice seeing a new post once every hour. Thanks for the debate, it made my life a tad more entertaining.

Now lets get back on topic (even if i have completely forgot it under your extremely entertaining discussion) shall we?
The original G. Literally.

ZzReVeNg3zZ

• Donator
  • Rebel Commander

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 29, 2014, 11:54:37 am »
I need more popcorn. This thread made the forums a bit more alive again. Its always nice seeing a new post once every hour. Thanks for the debate, it made my life a tad more entertaining.

Now lets get back on topic (even if i have completely forgot it under your extremely entertaining discussion) shall we?

I dont like saying it but it's the truth, Ryan needs to sort himself out or hire someone to do his job for him in the time being.

Brothership

• Quest Developer
  • Rebel Captain

• Onurs bitch.

• Personal Text
    Hey, you're pretty fly for a white guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 29, 2014, 04:04:00 pm »
I dont like saying it but it's the truth, Ryan needs to sort himself out or hire someone to do his job for him in the time being.
I 100% agree on this. Ryan is literally the only thing stopping runerebels right now.
The original G. Literally.

Gh0stPred

• Rebel Soldier

• Streams at around 5PM GMT+1 (British Summer Time)

• Personal Text
    Yello
    • View Profile
    • Ustream Link
« Reply #42 on: July 29, 2014, 04:08:47 pm »
I 100% agree on this. Ryan is literally the only thing stopping runerebels right now.

Well why don't we make Onur owner till Ryan can do shit?

James

• Developer
  • Rebel Captain

• Sean is my son

• Personal Text
    The RR Grandpa
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2014, 05:32:54 pm »

That would not solve anything. Making him an owner gives him no more priveledges than a developer. I know it from experience.
Hi, I'm James. I'm old as hell.

I need to Java again, lol

ZzReVeNg3zZ

• Donator
  • Rebel Commander

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 29, 2014, 05:51:10 pm »

That would not solve anything. Making him an owner gives him no more priveledges than a developer. I know it from experience.

What are the specific things we're waiting on Ryan for then? Because if owner is pretty much the same as developer what is it that people keep mentioning Ryan has to do?