Author Topic: So then...  (Read 24850 times)

Gh0stPred

• Rebel Soldier

• Streams at around 5PM GMT+1 (British Summer Time)

• Personal Text
    Yello
    • View Profile
    • Ustream Link
So then...
« on: July 25, 2014, 09:48:59 am »
Before you start reading. Please note this WILL BE A MASSIVE POST... Now

Ok so it's been a while since I have posted on the forums and even played on the server but now is the time for me to say this. The state of RuneRebels has gone to the point of not bothering with anything anymore. No one is on the server, Forums or anything like that. There's been no updates (besides 2.0.12 thx Onur :D) and hardly any staff online besides Onur. In my opinion Rune Rebels is now gone and to be honest shouldn't be bothering with anything anymore unless the Staff and community team up together and sort this shit out.

The reason why It's in the Rants is because this is my opinion on what is going on. I would of placed in the General Section but to be honest I thought that Rants would be a better option.

Note: These are my opinions and if I have offended anyone then please take my sincere apology in advance

If you want Rune Rebels to be placed back into the spotlight then some massive changes needs to be sorted out. First of all we need to advertise our asses off again. Spam on every single forum reguarding RSPS and also every single server. Also if everyone spammed on all the RSPS videos then that might give us a boost. We need to get RuneRebels placed everywhere on what ever forum or server it is. Even post on the main RS website (Which is not a good idea). We need this server to grow and get more people involved with the Server and also the Community

The Second one is the Staff. I'm sorry but everyone besides Onur needs to sort yourselves out and get some stuff down on the server. I know you all have a life to sort out and all that but it seems to me that no staff members besides Onur are doing anything and you know have just given up or resigned on the staff members. We need either the Staff members to get some work down or get new staff members to help code the server more either until the original staff members have more time with the server OR just code it themselves permanently. Please, I know you have stuff to sort out irl but some people just want you to just code and that's it.

The Third one is the Community. Im sorry guys but we aren't doing enough to make the server bigger and better again. Yes I know you guys just want to play and all that but part of making this server popular requires your help as well. Voting and spamming everywhere will get the server more people to join. Also think about it like this. There are 2 servers who do the same thing One being Rune Rebels and the other one say 2006scape.  Rune Rebels has no one online (Sorry but it's true) while 2006scape has a massive community having over 500 people playing and posting. Who is that person going to vote for? 2006scape. If we help the forums and community and server out then the game Rune Rebels will be more popular and more players to have. Also like this game is unique because it's using it's own code and not some crappy one that a 12 year old made. This server has loads of potential and it needs to shine over the other servers.

The Forth one is well us. It's not the community but it's us in general. We have our own lives and have stuff that needs sorting out. Hell I have loads of shit to sort out myself but it's up to us to determin the server and also Rune Rebels. If we just sit around here doing nothing then that's not going to make Rune Rebels better. It's going to make it more worse and I don't want that happening with the game. I love Rune Rebels and I want to keep supporting it reguardless. I will still be on from time to time and all that just seeing what has changed etc but yeah. I will keep trying to support to the server. Yeah I haven't donated yet nor have I done any bugs etc. But still I support it and I will do anything that is needed to get the server running again.

If anyone wants the server to get back into the RSPS scene then we need to get ourselves sorted out and work together as a team, as a community, as a god. We are all gods to the newcomers who will do anything for us. We need to help the server out. We need to spam everywhere. If you guys are willing to do this then please help me by spamming everywhere and helping the community grow and get more players online because without you guys Rune Rebels will be dead and all that. The server is at it's lowest but it's not too late. So common guys. Lets save Rune Rebels!!!!!

Prayer

• Player Moderator
  • Rebel General

• View Profile
Re: So then...
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2014, 07:54:51 pm »
RuneRebels will never fully recover without Ryan being active again, so if even if we get people here they will end up leaving for things like lack of updates, quests, bosses, agility, and such. It'll be nice growing a community again though, so hopefully that could happen

James

• Developer
  • Rebel Captain

• Sean is my son

• Personal Text
    The RR Grandpa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2014, 09:37:07 pm »
RuneRebels will never fully recover without Ryan being active again, so if even if we get people here they will end up leaving for things like lack of updates, quests, bosses, agility, and such. It'll be nice growing a community again though, so hopefully that could happen

Yep. The reason why I don't bother anymore is because I know for a fact I can't do the shit that people want (I.E. Quests, bosses, agility, and of course, such.)

*EDIT* and, all of the staff members are active, minus the most important staff member. I'm on the forums every day (no point in logging into the game, I can do everything that I can do in-game via the forums.)  Even when we do all come back, it'll just be like usual and last three days, lots of hype and people going nuts, then under delivering.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 09:38:45 pm by James »
Hi, I'm James. I'm old as hell.

I need to Java again, lol

Austin

• Community Manager
  • Rebel Captain

• Has a nice view of your bedroom

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2014, 10:31:33 pm »

Yep. The reason why I don't bother anymore is because I know for a fact I can't do the shit that people want (I.E. Quests, bosses, agility, and of course, such.)

*EDIT* and, all of the staff members are active, minus the most important staff member. I'm on the forums every day (no point in logging into the game, I can do everything that I can do in-game via the forums.)  Even when we do all come back, it'll just be like usual and last three days, lots of hype and people going nuts, then under delivering.
aaaaanddddd this is why I left :) We've been in this predicament how many times now? I lost count. Every time we get SOME players back and then we release updates for maybe a month or two, and then Ryan dissapears AGAIN. I mean come on... one example i have been using lately with how lazy devs are even for Triple A companies, is that there is a 16 year old kid in highschool that's developing a growing game called unturned. He releases updates EVERY DAY, and he doesn't have any help besides maybe one or two friends. He releases more content in one week than most developers do in one month... In my opinion, he should be a developer for RR LOL

Onur

• Owner & Operator
  • Rebel General

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2014, 04:28:53 am »

aaaaanddddd this is why I left :) We've been in this predicament how many times now? I lost count. Every time we get SOME players back and then we release updates for maybe a month or two, and then Ryan dissapears AGAIN. I mean come on... one example i have been using lately with how lazy devs are even for Triple A companies, is that there is a 16 year old kid in highschool that's developing a growing game called unturned. He releases updates EVERY DAY, and he doesn't have any help besides maybe one or two friends. He releases more content in one week than most developers do in one month... In my opinion, he should be a developer for RR LOL
I hate him for not releasing a mac version for unturned yet, :c

it isnt omar til omar says its omar

ZzReVeNg3zZ

• Donator
  • Rebel Commander

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2014, 07:04:00 am »

You ought to take me up on my offer to advertise that I applied for a few months back.

I believe that if more players try out the game on a daily basis, more people would be inclined to continue playing, and if more people are playing, more people will stay after initially checking the game out. Win win.

To address the situation about voting, I know a lot of us play other servers and vote for in game rewards on servers such as UltimateScape and Ikov, however it wouldnt be enough have to spend a week voting for RR. And those of you who only play RR, there's no excuse for why you're not voting, that's just laziness.

ZzReVeNg3zZ

• Donator
  • Rebel Commander

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2014, 07:05:08 am »
You ought to take me up on my offer to advertise that I applied for a few months back.

I believe that if more players try out the game on a daily basis, more people would be inclined to continue playing, and if more people are playing, more people will stay after initially checking the game out. Win win.

To address the situation about voting, I know a lot of us play other servers and vote for in game rewards on servers such as UltimateScape and Ikov, however it would be easy enough have to spend a week voting for RR. And those of you who only play RR, there's no excuse for why you're not voting, that's just laziness.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 07:07:16 am by ZzReVeNg3zZ »

ZzReVeNg3zZ

• Donator
  • Rebel Commander

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2014, 07:05:53 am »
Accidental Repost.

James

• Developer
  • Rebel Captain

• Sean is my son

• Personal Text
    The RR Grandpa
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2014, 10:22:36 am »

To address the situation about voting, I know a lot of us play other servers and vote for in game rewards on servers such as UltimateScape and Ikov, however it would be easy enough have to spend a week voting for RR. And those of you who only play RR, there's no excuse for why you're not voting, that's just laziness.

We've tried voting, giving forum rewards for voting, and even paid advertisements. Unfortunately, with stagnant content, people will log on, realize that nothing is complete, and go and find another 2006 remake/rsps. There are plenty of them in the market now, and there is one in particular that has 90% of the stuff people want in a 2006 remake.

Gh0stPred

• Rebel Soldier

• Streams at around 5PM GMT+1 (British Summer Time)

• Personal Text
    Yello
    • View Profile
    • Ustream Link
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2014, 02:27:09 pm »

James. I know a few bits about coding and I can help out if you wanted me to?

Onur

• Owner & Operator
  • Rebel General

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2014, 04:14:09 pm »

No one has access to the sourcecode, but Ryan is working on a public api where everyone can send in plugins and we add those to the game if they're any good :p

James

• Developer
  • Rebel Captain

• Sean is my son

• Personal Text
    The RR Grandpa
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2014, 04:23:00 pm »

No one has access to the sourcecode, but Ryan is working on a public api where everyone can send in plugins and we add those to the game if they're any good :p

That'll be ready in 6-8 years!

OT: I've tried playing that unturned game a lot lately. I suck at it. Someone should start a server so we could suck together.

Austin

• Community Manager
  • Rebel Captain

• Has a nice view of your bedroom

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2014, 04:45:07 pm »

I hate him for not releasing a mac version for unturned yet, :c
but he has! http://steamcommunity.com/games/304930/announcements/detail/260399029564554877

Onur

• Owner & Operator
  • Rebel General

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2014, 05:24:42 pm »

OT: I've tried playing that unturned game a lot lately. I suck at it. Someone should start a server so we could suck together.

"Just cleaned my room and am preparing for all night programming session for helix and rr API ;)"
I still have hope, mkay :(

Brothership

• Quest Developer
  • Rebel Captain

• Onurs bitch.

• Personal Text
    Hey, you're pretty fly for a white guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2014, 05:50:06 pm »

Yep. The reason why I don't bother so is because I know for a fact I can't do the shit that people want (I.E. Quests, bosses, agility, and of course, such.)

"Just cleaned my room and am preparing for all night programming session for helix and rr API ;)"
I still have hope, mkay :(
In ryan we trust. Well, in ryan we must trust.
The original G. Literally.