Author Topic: So then...  (Read 24866 times)

James

• Developer
  • Rebel Captain

• Sean is my son

• Personal Text
    The RR Grandpa
    • View Profile
Re: So then...
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2014, 09:04:04 pm »
Unturned server? ANYONE? Hell, I would even play Jack's unturned server... IF HE HAD ONE
Hi, I'm James. I'm old as hell.

I need to Java again, lol

Onur

• Owner & Operator
  • Rebel General

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2014, 10:15:20 pm »
Unturned server? ANYONE? Hell, I would even play Jack's unturned server... IF HE HAD ONE
UNTURNED SERVER!

it isnt omar til omar says its omar

ZzReVeNg3zZ

• Donator
  • Rebel Commander

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2014, 10:18:50 pm »
@James

In regard to the server that has 90% completion, are you talking about 2006Revived, as that only popped up a few weeks back and is soaring with interest at the moment, crazy how fast the tides change in this industry haha.

Elevate

• Rebel Commander

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2014, 05:38:02 am »
@James

In regard to the server that has 90% completion, are you talking about 2006Revived, as that only popped up a few weeks back and is soaring with interest at the moment, crazy how fast the tides change in this industry haha.
"Soaring with interest"

There's 4 people online as of right now. Please do explain?

Brothership

• Quest Developer
  • Rebel Captain

• Onurs bitch.

• Personal Text
    Hey, you're pretty fly for a white guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2014, 08:49:46 am »
@James

"Soaring with interest"

Just checked 2006revived out. It seems as dead as a rock.
The original G. Literally.

Brothership

• Quest Developer
  • Rebel Captain

• Onurs bitch.

• Personal Text
    Hey, you're pretty fly for a white guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2014, 09:11:28 am »
UNTURNED SERVER!
Yep thats it. Im making an unturned lets play.
The original G. Literally.

ZzReVeNg3zZ

• Donator
  • Rebel Commander

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2014, 01:13:24 pm »
@James

"Soaring with interest"

My point still stands, for a game that was set up weeks ago it makes me chuckle at how its still got the same player base as RuneRebels which has been running for so much longer.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 01:15:22 pm by ZzReVeNg3zZ »

edub

• Veteran
  • Rebel General

• "Heroes will always be remembered, but legends never die."

• Personal Text
    #1 in Mining (99) & Smithing (99)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2014, 05:24:03 pm »
You make some very good points gh0st. In order to bring runerebels back we need an all around effort. That is why I have been trying to do community events to get people back on and playing again but there's only so much I can do as an individual. That being said I will continue trying to keep this server alive. The main driving force for people to stay motivate and continue playing is for the server to be supported and updated through our developers and staff members.

buttplug

• Community Member
  • Rebel Captain

• Personal Text
    Omar
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2014, 06:21:18 pm »
RuneRebels will never fully recover without Ryan being active again, so if even if we get people here they will end up leaving for things like lack of updates, quests, bosses, agility, and such. It'll be nice growing a community again though, so hopefully that could happen

Yep. The reason why I don't bother so is because I know for a fact I can't do the shit that people want (I.E. Quests, bosses, agility, and of course, such.)

*EDIT* and, all of the staff members are active, minus the most important staff member. I'm on the forums every day (no point in logging into the game, I can do everything that I can do in-game via the forums.)  Even when we do all come back, it'll just be like usual and last three days, lots of hype and people going nuts, then under delivering.

James. I know a few bits about coding and I can help out if you wanted me to?
No one has access to the sourcecode, but Ryan is working on a public api where everyone can send in plugins and we add those to the game if they're any good :p

That'll be ready in 6-8 years!

OT: I've tried playing that unturned game a lot lately. I suck at it. Someone should start a server so we could suck together.

"Just cleaned my room and am preparing for all night programming session for helix and rr API ;)"
I still have hope, mkay :(
In ryan we trust. Well, in ryan we must trust.

moar liek in Ryan we rust

amirite guyz

edub

• Veteran
  • Rebel General

• "Heroes will always be remembered, but legends never die."

• Personal Text
    #1 in Mining (99) & Smithing (99)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2014, 06:27:36 pm »
moar liek in Ryan we rust

amirite guyz

In Ryan we turn to dust!

Elevate

• Rebel Commander

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2014, 09:54:53 pm »
2006revived has been around for longer then a couple of weeks. Just saying.

ZzReVeNg3zZ

• Donator
  • Rebel Commander

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2014, 09:21:57 am »
2006revived has been around for longer then a couple of weeks. Just saying.

I find it funny how you always have to be right, it's damn annoying, it's been up like 2 months I believe which is nothing, so clearly you should be able to understand my point without being smart about it.

Elevate

• Rebel Commander

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2014, 10:10:48 am »
I find it funny how you always have to be right, it's damn annoying, it's been up like 2 months I believe which is nothing, so clearly you should be able to understand my point without being smart about it.
March. Was released for public access in March, that's just from looking at the forums. So it's been at least 4 months. I don't call 4 months a "couple of weeks". No I'm not able to understand what you're saying.

If by me informing you that the server has been out for longer annoys you then I really do feel for you. If you get annoyed that easily then the Internet is not the place for you. For everyone else; My previous replies were aimed to prove that 2006 servers are no longer the "in thing".

ZzReVeNg3zZ

• Donator
  • Rebel Commander

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2014, 02:04:27 pm »
March. Was released for public access in March, that's just from looking at the forums. So it's been at least 4 months. I don't call 4 months a "couple of weeks". No I'm not able to understand what you're saying.

If by me informing you that the server has been out for longer annoys you then I really do feel for you. If you get annoyed that easily then the Internet is not the place for you. For everyone else; My previous replies were aimed to prove that 2006 servers are no longer the "in thing".

I 100% agree that 2006 is no longer popular, I've previously said this numerous times.

What I'm telling you is (and I do not understand how you fail to grasp this) is that 2006 Revived is a recent edition to the 2006 scene (regardless of how recent it is, it's a hell of a lot newer than RR) thus it is surprising how a NEW server can generate as much attention as one that's been going strong for 2 years (I believe, again, regardless of my time estimations it is obvious what I'm getting at).

As to "the internet not being the place for me", I have no problem with people sharing their arguments on these forums what-so-ever, even if I disagree with them, what I do have a minor problem with is when despite giving my best attempt to explain to you what I meant numerous times, you still fail to see what I'm saying and tend to take note of the minor errors rather than seeing the bigger picture.

I've forgotten who actually said this quote, but a man made a point saying something along the lines of;

"The problem with many people is that they listen with intent to reply, not to learn or understand."
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 02:07:04 pm by ZzReVeNg3zZ »

buttplug

• Community Member
  • Rebel Captain

• Personal Text
    Omar
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2014, 03:21:04 pm »
This isn't your personal flame war thread, ZzReVeNg3zZ. He corrected a simple error you made. If you have a problem with that, then its YOUR problem.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 03:24:30 pm by buttplug »