Author Topic: Partyhats  (Read 13669 times)

vault

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
Partyhats
« on: January 16, 2013, 11:12:37 am »
I know how you wanna release rares and i think there is actually a better way.
My oppinion on how to release phats/santas/masks:
Most of us know how phats kinda screwed up Projectrs06. i think phats should be untradeable. Donating should be the only way to get a phat, so phats are like a the sign in the game for donators + they dont ruin the game ;)

But i would wait with that until more people have joined RR

James

• Developer
  • Rebel Captain

• Sean is my son

• Personal Text
    The RR Grandpa
    • View Profile
Re: Partyhats
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2013, 11:28:11 am »
Though that's a good suggestion,

We've decided as a group that we don't want to give donators any types of "special privileges" for multiple reasons.

1. This is the main reason in my eyes.  When you're donating to a server, you're not supposed to get anything in return.  Think about it, donating to the Red Cross, is a really vague example.  Occasionally they'll send you a packet of coupons, but for the most part, you'll just get a pamphlet that says thank you.  For now, that pamphlet is the Donator rank on the forums.

2. Donating and receiving something in return would be a big red flag for a certain company.  With the donation money, none of the developers are paid.  ALL PROCEEDS go to the server directly (VPS hosting, website hosting, etc.)  AllGoFree is more or less a not for profit organization.

3. Donator only items just ruin the fun.  We want to have a legitimate RS Remake, the more 'little' things we start throwing in, the less like RS it is.

Thanks for understanding! :-)
Hi, I'm James. I'm old as hell.

I need to Java again, lol

vault

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2013, 11:40:43 am »
Though that's a good suggestion,

We've decided as a group that we don't want to give donators any types of "special privileges" for multiple reasons.

1. This is the main reason in my eyes.  When you're donating to a server, you're not supposed to get anything in return.  Think about it, donating to the Red Cross, is a really vague example.  Occasionally they'll send you a packet of coupons, but for the most part, you'll just get a pamphlet that says thank you.  For now, that pamphlet is the Donator rank on the forums.

2. Donating and receiving something in return would be a big red flag for a certain company.  With the donation money, none of the developers are paid.  ALL PROCEEDS go to the server directly (VPS hosting, website hosting, etc.)  AllGoFree is more or less a not for profit organization.

3. Donator only items just ruin the fun.  We want to have a legitimate RS Remake, the more 'little' things we start throwing in, the less like RS it is.

Thanks for understanding! :-)

instead of the donator status on the forums they might just get a phat(ingame status :P) for a month

btw, i cant even donate via your pay options, i wouldn't care about not having one lol

vault

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2013, 11:42:06 am »
but i have no idea about legal issues... so i guess ill leave that up to you lol

Ruby

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2013, 12:06:18 pm »
Donating for certain items always ruins a server no matter what you're doing, look at 2006Scape, they done the whole donate to play thing and they got a terrible name for it. We began free and we should end free, that's the way I see it.

vault

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2013, 12:19:17 pm »
Donating for certain items always ruins a server no matter what you're doing, look at 2006Scape, they done the whole donate to play thing and they got a terrible name for it. We began free and we should end free, that's the way I see it.

I have the same oppinion on that. But i don't see this as buying an item, more like getting a donator status in the game for one month, you cant even trade phats. You could also just make one colour of phats for donators.

another idea (lol):
Make the phats event every christmas(but with a limited amount of phats). Every year at 24th/25th the phats of last christmas disappear and new phats come into the game - this would prevent ppl from hoarding them

Frell

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2013, 12:30:41 pm »
They will most likely be dropped at a small percentage proportional to the playerbase during community partyroom events.

Not everyone is guaranteed one, and this is the only way we can promise they'll stay rare.

It's no secret Silab is dupe-proofing us right now, so don't expect them until she is finished.

Solid no to donators ever getting anything ingame. We don't want people to feel like they have to donate to enjoy the game or stand out, that isn't how it should be.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 12:35:03 pm by Frell »

Max

• Rebel Soldier

• Personal Text
    Playing RuneRebels..
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2013, 01:36:57 pm »
They will most likely be dropped at a small percentage proportional to the playerbase during community partyroom events.

Not everyone is guaranteed one, and this is the only way we can promise they'll stay rare.

It's no secret Silab is dupe-proofing us right now, so don't expect them until she is finished.

Solid no to donators ever getting anything ingame. We don't want people to feel like they have to donate to enjoy the game or stand out, that isn't how it should be.

<3 :)

Pinkamena

• Rebel Leader

• JT's Future Wife!

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2013, 02:22:47 pm »
I say just release rares the same way as Runescape did. If people are retarded enough to pay way too much for them like on ProjRS06 then so be it. On a side note if I ever decide to play RS06 again I never have to work on it as I have a ton of hats and crackers.... haha.
CHECK OUT MAH AWESOME DOOM MOD! - Hard Doom

Frell

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2013, 02:42:08 pm »
They won't be traded/sold for a while

The people who have them won't know exactly how much they're worth, and the people who want them won't have enough

Gold

• Rebel Leader

• Personal Text
    Send me a pm in-game if you have any questions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2013, 06:51:18 pm »

The people who have them won't know exactly how much they're worth, and the people who want them won't have enough
Frell I think that is a bad idea. Why would you make such a small playerbase have so little party hats? We, the alpha testers who support the project should be rewarded, not some RNG system that selects a few people and over time they become insanely rich. Heck, they might stop playing and the party hats will become even more rare... They weren't that rare when they were released afterall...

*Credit goes to SRBuckey5266

vault

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2013, 06:55:00 pm »

meh fuck the rewards :P
if phats should be released the admins should w8 with it until we have more players. If people see that there arent any phats in the game, and that they still have the chance to be one of the first to get one, they might be more tempted to join the game
Frell I think that is a bad idea. Why would you make such a small playerbase have so little party hats? We, the alpha testers who support the project should be rewarded, not some RNG system that selects a few people and over time they become insanely rich. Heck, they might stop playing and the party hats will become even more rare... They weren't that rare when they were released afterall...

Frell

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2013, 07:39:29 pm »

We've though about that, nothings official yet

scrilla

• Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2013, 07:55:21 pm »
i think release them 1 by one as the server grows i.e by the party room i believe this is the fairest way, they should be tradeable no matter what because their everybodys favourite item owning one of these badboys is awesome feeling

pilldom

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2013, 10:10:00 pm »
At first phats were extremely common because everyone had them. It didn't wreck the economy though because no one thought they were gonna be rare. Why would an item that everyone had multiple of be rare. It was only years later when accounts with them became inactive and when runescapes player base began to grow that they became rare.
We now automatically consider them rare now though. So even if they are unbelievably common, no one is gonna consider them that way, and they are gonna be hoarded like crazy. The reason phats cant be given to everyone is the same reason runescape now makes all of its holiday items untradable.