Author Topic: Shoutbox  (Read 3343 times)

So Close

• Rebel Recruit

• Personal Text
    I will go fast, but I will not rush.
    • View Profile
Shoutbox
« on: February 02, 2013, 05:12:00 pm »
I think that a Shoutbox would be a very nice update tbh. It's a way for all players to talk and plus, since I've familiar with SMF Forums I have a link right here. All you will need is just some people that are willing be become a Trial Moderator or people you know who would deserve this position.

LINK: http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1295

Karl

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
Re: Shoutbox
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2013, 06:27:02 pm »
The irc operates the exact same way, although I would rather have it integrated into the forum software as it would be much easier to use and view when i'm browsing the forums.

Jake

• Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2013, 06:34:08 pm »
I think that a Shoutbox would be a very nice update tbh. It's a way for all players to talk and plus, since I've familiar with SMF Forums I have a link right here. All you will need is just some people that are willing be become a Trial Moderator or people you know who would deserve this position.

LINK: http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1295
I think the IRC is much better. It works more fluently, keeps the forum/website neat and it's a lot more professional.

The irc operates the exact same way, although I would rather have it integrated into the forum software as it would be much easier to use and view when i'm browsing the forums.
You can have the IRC chat box open in a separate window whilst browsing the forums.

So Close

• Rebel Recruit

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2013, 06:38:19 pm »
Tbh I never knew that there was an IRC but there's only one problem.. IRC doesn't work for me..

Jake

• Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2013, 06:40:03 pm »
Tbh I never knew that there was an IRC but there's only one problem.. IRC doesn't work for me..
It's the third tab, Next to 'Help'. The only reason it wouldn't work, that i know of, is that your Java is outdated or you've answered the prompts incorrectly.

So Close

• Rebel Recruit

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2013, 07:03:59 pm »
Plus personally I think that a shoutbox would be much better. It really isn't that bad..

Ghost

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2013, 07:16:29 pm »
I think the shoutbox is more accessible than the IRC.

I've seen it enhance the community experience much more fluently on previous servers that I've been part of. (if that makes sense).  :)

Stuart

• Developer
  • Rebel General

• #1 Coolest Person HURR

• Personal Text
    Thanks Omar. Its your fault.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2013, 07:37:48 pm »
IRC is WAAAAY better than any shout box. If you don't want to use it then don't. Shoutbox isn't needed.

So Close

• Rebel Recruit

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2013, 08:46:20 pm »
IRC is WAAAAY better than any shout box. If you don't want to use it then don't. Shoutbox isn't needed.

Keep in mind that we all have these things called "opinions". I never said I don't want to use it and plus I was just trying to help. Next time keep in mind the word "opinions". Plus if you didn't read my last post it said that when I tried to get into the IRC it didn't work..

Jake

• Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2013, 10:32:51 pm »
He's expressing his opinions also.

No need to start a flame war, we're all friends here.

Uradopted

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2013, 01:26:15 pm »
I also agree that there should be a shoutbox. imo it is much easier to access and its simple. plus the fact that the IRC doesnt work for me