Author Topic: Partyhats  (Read 13714 times)

Robin

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
Re: Partyhats
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2013, 06:42:22 pm »
When it comes to holiday items, I hope we can all see them as just that. A holiday items used as a fun, unique way to show that you enjoyed a event. I would suggest releasing holiday items just like they did back in the glory days of RS. Why must we focus on holiday items being rare? If you want those items to be rare don't own them, suggest other destroy them. Its very noticeable that the people who want holiday items to be rare are also the people that really want them for themselves. I say let as many people have the holiday items as long as they want them.  I hope the admins can agree with me. Best of luck to this server.  8)

Robin

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2013, 06:44:19 pm »
DP sorry

scrilla

• Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2013, 06:46:16 pm »
robin the reason why people want them as rares is because if you have hundreds of mils theres nothing to spend it on cus everythings cheap what else is there to buy... a rare gives you something to save up for.

I personally think crackers should be spawn in random places for 20mins around the f2p map.

Frell

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2013, 07:17:19 pm »
They will be rare, we can assure you. But this means not everyone is guaranteed one. And absolutely NO favoritism from the staff, it'll be random. Most likely we'll do something where we'd have the server give a few to random people every hour for about a week (it'll just pop into your bank)

Gold

• Rebel Leader

• Personal Text
    Send me a pm in-game if you have any questions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2013, 07:32:30 pm »
Frell will it be announced when this will be about to occur?

*Credit goes to SRBuckey5266

scrilla

• Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2013, 07:41:12 pm »
frell the idea is awesome :D cant wait hope its soon. what about santas and pumkins and easter eggs and stuff, well the easter eggs can be done at easter :p
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 07:47:41 pm by scrilla »

GoSuGhount

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2013, 08:10:18 pm »
Would it pick from the entire player base or only those who are online?

scrilla

• Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2013, 08:28:45 pm »
that's what id like to know :)
Also don't announce when your releasing, the adrenaline of finding one randomly in your bank would be so amazing i think id pass out ;o also people will just sit there afk doing nothing just for a phat.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 10:30:39 pm by scrilla »

Frell

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2013, 11:55:45 pm »
active playerbase, probably over a certain total level with a certain amount of time played.

scrilla

• Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2013, 11:58:24 pm »
But what about skillers im only 338 total but im 78 fishing :p taken me ages lol

Brodie

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2013, 12:01:15 am »
active playerbase, probably over a certain total level with a certain amount of time played.

That actually sounds like an awesome idea Frell. Good way to reward your loyal players to Rune Rebels :)

All your threads are belong to us.

Frell

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2013, 12:04:58 am »
Of course!

People could just make a bunch of new accounts to make their chances higher :P We'll have quite a few measures against that. We want everyone to have a chance. We're basically guaranteeing wealth for a handful of people, everyone needs a shot.

Brodie

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2013, 12:10:56 am »
Of course!

People could just make a bunch of new accounts to make their chances higher :P We'll have quite a few measures against that. We want everyone to have a chance. We're basically guaranteeing wealth for a handful of people, everyone needs a shot.

That is very kind of the development team, looking forward to see this in the near future, and here's hoping I get a Red. ;)

Will the players only be limited to one Partyhat, or one Christmas Cracker, or can they recieve more?

Keep up the good work!
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 12:12:46 am by Brodie »

All your threads are belong to us.

vault

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2013, 01:25:51 am »
They will be rare, we can assure you. But this means not everyone is guaranteed one. And absolutely NO favoritism from the staff, it'll be random. Most likely we'll do something where we'd have the server give a few to random people every hour for about a week (it'll just pop into your bank)

Wow, an awesome idea. I'd with that untill there are more players on the server!

Robin

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2013, 06:05:54 am »
Well, I understand your plan for holiday items. Seems to be a fair approach to distributing the items. How many is a hand full of people? Imagine if only 100 party-hats were dispersed? If the volume is to low, they may become ultra-rare and the price might possibility be to high. higher than any player could save up for until the price changes again. Not sure the amount of current registered players, but I think 80% of typically active players should receive holiday items. Hmm a tricky problem this is. Don't want to introduce too many, but at the same time you don't want to introduce too few.  8)