Author Topic: Skillcapes  (Read 6755 times)

Veteran

• Rebel Recruit

• Personal Text
    Semper Fi, do or Die.
    • View Profile
Skillcapes
« on: January 11, 2013, 10:14:33 am »
Will skillcapes be added? I personally like them. Just for their emotes and colors. I know people hate them because it's "showing off" and the only "reason" why people want a 99. People also say it "encourages" botting too. Again, I just like the for their emotes and colors.

Thief

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
Re: Skillcapes
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2013, 10:21:10 am »
They should add skillcapes, but not atm cause no1 has any 99 or are close to them. They should focus on bugs first :)
“There are no safe paths in this part of the world. Remember you are over the Edge of the Wild now, and in for all sorts of fun wherever you go.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit

Sheikyy

• Rebel Recruit

• Personal Text
    I'm a Milk Sheikyy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2013, 10:43:02 am »
No, it's a remake of May 2006 and there should be no exceptions.

Frell

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2013, 12:23:57 pm »
Mixing client revisions isn't very easy, but it is possible. We can't really say right now. May seems to be the cutoff.

frozenx2p

• Rebel Soldier

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2013, 01:00:45 pm »
Mixing client revisions isn't very easy, but it is possible. We can't really say right now. May seems to be the cutoff.

Isn't it possible to just insert the skillcape models into your own client?

OT: I support skillcapes although I would want them to have 0 stats, making other capes still better for training purposes.
Once you have killed someone, you will be labeled as a murderer, however when you kill Millions of people, then you will be called a conqueror and once you have reached the utmost limit... When you have killed everyone except yourself - then congratulations you have become a god!

Frell

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2013, 01:02:43 pm »

Well yes but it involves modifying the cache (if you want to do it correctly, at least)

Sheikyy

• Rebel Recruit

• Personal Text
    I'm a Milk Sheikyy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2013, 01:36:57 pm »

OT: I support skillcapes although I would want them to have 0 stats, making other capes still better for training purposes.

Just go to current runescape for emotes, atleast this ridiculous update isnt ruined yet there.

frozenx2p

• Rebel Soldier

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2013, 01:40:54 pm »
I don't care about the emotes :D I just like how it looks.
Once you have killed someone, you will be labeled as a murderer, however when you kill Millions of people, then you will be called a conqueror and once you have reached the utmost limit... When you have killed everyone except yourself - then congratulations you have become a god!

Pinkamena

• Rebel Leader

• JT's Future Wife!

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2013, 01:41:25 pm »
I'd prefer not to have skillcapes myself and stick to a strict 377 remake. However if they were added I guess that I wouldn't mind THAT much because it's nothing majorly game changing like most of the other 2006 updates after may 15th(void, defenders, c'bows, lunar, construction, etc.).
CHECK OUT MAH AWESOME DOOM MOD! - Hard Doom

Vike

• Rebel Soldier

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2013, 01:56:38 pm »
If they update to December 2006, we can have Construction and Hunter, along with skillcapes.

Kevin

• Veteran
  • Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2013, 03:02:44 pm »
Possibly. But not in the near future

HappyguyForum

• Rebel General

• Personal Text
    Don't ever play leapfrog with a Unicorn...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2013, 03:20:38 pm »

Well yes but it involves modifying the cache (if you want to do it correctly, at least)

gave all the staff the right caches to do so...
Selling sets of armor bronze-mith. message me in game for the prices if interested :P -happyguy3216

Olivia020

• Donator
  • Rebel Soldier

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2013, 03:28:35 pm »

I've seen that post, and I hope so, because we are a 2006 remake, I would love to be able to do construction and hunter and have skill capes, I could care less for Torso or Defenders.

So I'd say why not go to december for cut off? We'd be unique to the other remakes and would have much more to offer. *more then we already do now*

HappyguyForum

• Rebel General

• Personal Text
    Don't ever play leapfrog with a Unicorn...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2013, 03:38:13 pm »

I've seen that post, and I hope so, because we are a 2006 remake, I would love to be able to do construction and hunter and have skill capes, I could care less for Torso or Defenders.

So I'd say why not go to december for cut off? We'd be unique to the other remakes and would have much more to offer. *more then we already do now*

i personally loved that update greatly... i have no clue why other hate it soo much. It added so much more things to do :P
Selling sets of armor bronze-mith. message me in game for the prices if interested :P -happyguy3216

Frell

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2013, 04:30:22 pm »
In the end what players really want is January 2007, "2006" is a misconception.