Author Topic: Quests and related Gear  (Read 14566 times)

sunshine721

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
Quests and related Gear
« on: March 22, 2015, 02:22:20 am »
Make gear not require quests to use.....
Why?

1. We can't do the quests.
2. This is a Pserver.
3. People would leave when they find out they cant, EVER, use some items because of something so simple specialy when almost ever other server has removed the quest requirement for items.
4. Several areas of the game are locked because they require quests to get in.

Also, another suggestion.
If you can change the rewards for quests so it is more enticing to wanna do them.

With something that is quite a major game play changer that's bugged out or whatever. Not many people will want to stay on the server not to mention donate.

Brothership

• Quest Developer
  • Rebel Captain

• Onurs bitch.

• Personal Text
    Hey, you're pretty fly for a white guy
    • View Profile
Re: Quests and related Gear
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2015, 08:31:17 am »
This is a strict remake of 2006 runescape. This question has been here before and the answer will be the same: No.
The original G. Literally.

Slayer

• Veteran
  • Rebel Captain

• HEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEY

• Personal Text
    Namechange Sento -> Slayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2015, 01:09:01 pm »
Make gear not require quests to use.....
Why?

1. We can't do the quests.
2. This is a Pserver.
3. People would leave when they find out they cant, EVER, use some items because of something so simple specialy when almost ever other server has removed the quest requirement for items.
4. Several areas of the game are locked because they require quests to get in.

Also, another suggestion.
If you can change the rewards for quests so it is more enticing to wanna do them.

With something that is quite a major game play changer that's bugged out or whatever. Not many people will want to stay on the server not to mention donate.
thats why this is a beta :)

sunshine721

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2015, 01:11:09 am »
This is a strict remake of 2006 runescape. This question has been here before and the answer will be the same: No.

So having gear un-usable because of quests is how jagex had it in 06?
How the hell does making certain stuff usable/attainable stop this from being a 06 remake?
The items in question were usable and attainable in 06........ 

I'm not asking to add all the newer items or places or anything.
I don't see how what I suggested makes it so far from a  "strict 06 remake"
And if it was a "strict" 06 remake. Then why can't we do the quest for rune pl8? etc etc.   I'm not trying to be a smart ass, I'm just being realistic.... sorry if being realistic makes you so uptight/angry or whatever. But its a suggestion and a simple observation of a newcomer to the server so I believe my opinion is a reliable source as to what other newcomers might see/think.

Brothership

• Quest Developer
  • Rebel Captain

• Onurs bitch.

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2015, 06:39:01 am »

How the hell does making certain stuff usable/attainable stop this from being a 06 remake?

And if it was a "strict" 06 remake. Then why can't we do the quest for rune pl8? etc etc.   I'm not trying to be a smart ass, I'm just being realistic.... sorry if being realistic makes you so uptight/angry or whatever. But its a suggestion and a simple observation of a newcomer to the server so I believe my opinion is a reliable source as to what other newcomers might see/think.
Didnt mean to be uptight. Ive been here for almost 2 years now and i just want you to know that they dont want to release anything before its perfect.

As to your next question: Quest making is extremely hard as the quest editor is broken, and as we dont even have any full-time devs as we used to before, the quest thing just wont happen anytime soon.

sunshine721

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2015, 10:55:54 am »

Didnt mean to be uptight. Ive been here for almost 2 years now and i just want you to know that they dont want to release anything before its perfect.

As to your next question: Quest making is extremely hard as the quest editor is broken, and as we dont even have any full-time devs as we used to before, the quest thing just wont happen anytime soon.

That is exactly my point......
When the items require quests to use them, but because it is hard to get quests to work.
Why not, in the mean time, have the items not require the quest to be done to use it?
Rather then leaving the item useless.

Similar to the whole boss thing. Because that does mean a lot of the higher tier/late game gear is unobtainable which will make a lot of new comers think "server doesn't even have the content of a 06 server".  So a compromise is needed to compensate it.

There needs to be a way to get said things, and actually use them.
People want the classic old school, but when there are things that are in the way of that. Work a rounds are needed, I'm just saying.

Brothership

• Quest Developer
  • Rebel Captain

• Onurs bitch.

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2015, 10:58:31 am »

That is exactly my point......
When the items require quests to use them, but because it is hard to get quests to work.
Why not, in the mean time, have the items not require the quest to be done to use it?
Rather then leaving the item useless.

Similar to the whole boss thing. Because that does mean a lot of the higher tier/late game gear is unobtainable which will make a lot of new comers think "server doesn't even have the content of a 06 server".  So a compromise is needed to compensate it.

There needs to be a way to get said things, and actually use them.
People want the classic old school, but when there are things that are in the way of that. Work a rounds are needed, I'm just saying.
Well, this would be a good idea if we actually had someone working on the server right now. Runerebels has been to the grave and back before but jagex releasing 07 to free players just seems like the final killing blow.

sunshine721

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2015, 07:18:13 pm »
Not entirely. You still have to pay for members for osrs.
The more pressing issues need to be fixed, tweaked and then the word put out there, and I'm sure people would come back easily.

Quests and other stuff can be slowly introduced.

I'd help them do it, not that I know a lot about dev'ing a rs server but cant be too hard to do the smaller things.

Brothership

• Quest Developer
  • Rebel Captain

• Onurs bitch.

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2015, 04:01:24 am »
Not entirely. You still have to pay for members for osrs.
The more pressing issues need to be fixed, tweaked and then the word put out there, and I'm sure people would come back easily.

Quests and other stuff can be slowly introduced.

I'd help them do it, not that I know a lot about dev'ing a rs server but cant be too hard to do the smaller things.
That is a great idea and we have had it before. It would work really well if it wasnt so that the only one that can really "develop" this server is Ryan. Its not possible to do anything to the server without ryan and as Austin said Ryan is busy with other things right now.

We're sorry

James

• Developer
  • Rebel Captain

• Sean is my son

• Personal Text
    The RR Grandpa
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2015, 09:40:20 am »
Yes, unfortunately we have other projects going on and are not currently looking for developers. When it comes to implementing items without quests, we've researched and polled it before, and it's always turned out the same.
Hi, I'm James. I'm old as hell.

I need to Java again, lol

realitycheck

• Rebel Commander

• Personal Text
    Don't mistake lack of talent for genius - P.Steele
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2015, 09:02:01 pm »
Yes, unfortunately we have other projects going on and are not currently looking for developers. When it comes to implementing items without quests, we've researched and polled it before, and it's always turned out the same.

Any insight into the projects? (if personal, understood)

Is this maybe the time to just "release" the rest of the game?  I think we can mutually agree that this particular project is officially dead - and it was a great run for the entire crew that put this together.  By unlocking the restricted areas and armor/weapons, if anyone wants to continue playing here, there will be a little more to do.  Of course I don't know everything that goes into just "opening" the game up - and it may be impossible without tons of additional coding - but just a thought.

Good luck on those other projects!

sunshine721

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2015, 04:40:32 am »

So, you prefer to leave items UN-obtainable or UN-useable until you get the relevant quests/bosses working, while you are working on an entirely different project...

Would of hoped you would want to revive the rebels server, but alas no avail.

James

• Developer
  • Rebel Captain

• Sean is my son

• Personal Text
    The RR Grandpa
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2015, 11:51:30 am »

So, you prefer to leave items UN-obtainable or UN-useable until you get the relevant quests/bosses working, while you are working on an entirely different project...

So, what you are wanting is for us to just spawn everyone whips, dragon weapons, and the like? Because really with the way the plugins are laid out, that'd be the only way to release them without programming the rest of the NPCs, bosses, and quests. Even then, they wouldn't be weildable. I'm not saying that RR won't be revived sometime in the future, but with all of us working on other things on top of balancing life, it's on the back burner for now.

When it comes to the other project I can't give specifics. I can say though that it is not an RSPS.
Hi, I'm James. I'm old as hell.

I need to Java again, lol

Wirt

• Player Moderator
  • Rebel Commander

• Personal Text
    -psst- over here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2015, 06:52:39 pm »
everything is fine the way it is.

sunshine721

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2015, 12:03:12 am »

So, what you are wanting is for us to just spawn everyone whips, dragon weapons, and the like? Because really with the way the plugins are laid out, that'd be the only way to release them without programming the rest of the NPCs, bosses, and quests. Even then, they wouldn't be weildable. I'm not saying that RR won't be revived sometime in the future, but with all of us working on other things on top of balancing life, it's on the back burner for now.

When it comes to the other project I can't give specifics. I can say though that it is not an RSPS.

What? hahaha. Where did I say spawn the items??
Changing drops of a monster, and making the drop rate low. Isn't hard. There are .exe tools that can do it for you....
At least for just a band-aid fix until you guys start working on the server again. 
There are a lot of items that don't need quests to be completed to actually wear. Only need quest to get, or a boss. (I'm sure u know which ones need, and which ones that don't need quests to actually wear.)

"Putting drops onto another monster would make it too easy for players to get it."
Not if you either, take a monster that has very few numbers like imps and make the drop rate very low. Barely get to kill the monster, and low drop rate. Or put it onto a monster that you can't kill at all early like a slayer monster.
There are a lot of different ways you can do it.