Author Topic: ::yell or a game chat  (Read 13292 times)

darkside

• Rebel Recruit

• Personal Text
    ***JOIN THE DARKSIDE :D***
    • View Profile
::yell or a game chat
« on: October 06, 2014, 07:28:16 pm »
Its getting annoying having to add everyone to sell stuff or just to talk. And without a close community the game gets boring (in my opinion).

You can add clan chat or even ::yell

preferably ::yell

sorry for spelling errors

realitycheck

• Rebel Commander

• Personal Text
    Don't mistake lack of talent for genius - P.Steele
    • View Profile
Re: ::yell or a game chat
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2014, 08:53:19 pm »
100% in agreement with a clan chat type function.  Make the players auto join upon logging in, but have the option to log out of clan chat.  It would give the playerbase a great avenue to communicate while playing.

edub

• Veteran
  • Rebel General

• "Heroes will always be remembered, but legends never die."

• Personal Text
    #1 in Mining (99) & Smithing (99)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2014, 09:32:44 pm »
100% in agreement with a clan chat type function.  Make the players auto join upon logging in, but have the option to log out of clan chat.  It would give the playerbase a great avenue to communicate while playing.

Yea I am also open to having a type of clan chat. We have a loyal RR vets chat going on elsewhere.

Prayer

• Player Moderator
  • Rebel General

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2014, 10:36:17 pm »
This is not going to happen. Although I don't mind a yell system completely moderated by staff, mostly like ::yelloff and ::yellon for flaming or spamming purposes.
This could be awesome for the time being, but I doubt Ryan wants this here ;/

Kevin

• Veteran
  • Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2014, 11:02:24 pm »
We removed it due to the amount of spam in the game. We had introduced the IRC channel, at the time, but it seems to never get used.

I will talk to Ryan and James, maybe we can re-introduce it and have it turned off by default and players can ::yelloff or ::yellon and possibly mute individual players(maybe) Because when there is a lot of players it can get hectic.

Tennessee

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2014, 06:02:25 pm »
We removed it due to the amount of spam in the game. We had introduced the IRC channel, at the time, but it seems to never get used.

I will talk to Ryan and James, maybe we can re-introduce it and have it turned off by default and players can ::yelloff or ::yellon and possibly mute individual players(maybe) Because when there is a lot of players it can get hectic.

I'm beyond the word "purist" when it comes to a true 06 remake.. and I never thought I'd say this.. but I'm definitely on board with a ::shout or ::yell feature to show up in the main chat box instead of pm'ing people.. I think a good way to gauge when to cut it off is when we have like 50-75+ active players on at all times.. Until then I don't think we would get much spam.. if there was a spammer I'm sure this community would shut them out pretty quick by way of mute or reporting to you guys so that you could intervene.. For the time being it would let people get items sold and bought quicker therefore giving people a little bit more of a reason to play. It connects people when someone is thieving in Ardougne and feeling bored and alone they can talk to someone killing green drags in the wild and someone else making farm runs.. It would definitely make things less boring and even if it didn't directly draw people to the game I think it would indirectly affect people staying because I've known people to quit just because they never seen a green/white dot run across their map
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 06:12:11 pm by Tennessee »

edub

• Veteran
  • Rebel General

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2014, 06:16:41 pm »
Maybe there could be some kind of yell or shout count per minute or something to that nature. We could have a command that could enable or disable you to participate in the yell or group chat as well. That would ensure that those who want it can participate and those who don't want to don't have to.

Elevate

• Rebel Commander

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2014, 08:08:58 pm »
Just add the ::Yell channel and give mods the ability to turn the yell channel on or off. It's worked all these years for Worldscape and it had more than 4 players on at a time.

Prayer

• Player Moderator
  • Rebel General

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2014, 10:05:34 pm »
Just add the ::Yell channel and give mods the ability to turn the yell channel on or off. It's worked all these years for Worldscape and it had more than 4 players on at a time.

This sounds perfect. Maybe not as a permanent thing to do, but temporarily it would work fine

edub

• Veteran
  • Rebel General

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2014, 10:54:38 pm »

This sounds perfect. Maybe not as a permanent thing to do, but temporarily it would work fine

You would have to have a test run to see how it goes. If moderators and admins are monitoring it so I don't really see a problem with it.

Elevate

• Rebel Commander

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2014, 02:49:20 am »
Not trying to be a dick or anything but I doubt the server would get to the point where we'd have to disable it permanently. That'd require 50+ people and I'm not sure a 06 remake would be able to pull that crowd anymore.

I think we should just implement it and let it go :)

deadly

• Rebel Soldier

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2014, 07:21:06 pm »
I would like a yell channel :) could always remove it once we get a huge player base in the far future :).

darkside

• Rebel Recruit

• Personal Text
    ***JOIN THE DARKSIDE :D***
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2014, 04:43:39 pm »
Hopefully we can get a game chat thanks for taking my suggestion in consideration.

ZzReVeNg3zZ

• Donator
  • Rebel Commander

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2014, 12:29:47 am »
I disagree with having the ::yell feature, it just isn't something that seems right, unless of course you use it to your advantage like most servers, and make it a donator only function. I would definitely be on board with a clan chat though.

Kevin

• Veteran
  • Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2014, 03:37:37 am »
We can make it a donator only feature.