Author Topic: ::yell or a game chat  (Read 13403 times)

Tennessee

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
Re: ::yell or a game chat
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2014, 02:24:57 pm »
Quote Kevin: You don't donate for a feature. When you donate you don't get anything in return, that's what a donation is!!!11!!!11!

Mind you, he's said this over a thousand times easily.

I still agree with that, but if you guys prefer to have it as a donator only feature we can do that.

Veteran or higher only feature.

lol you goin to ::yell to yourself all day?

The Vanguard

• Rebel Commander

• Personal Text
    Gaze into my eye.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2014, 03:23:44 pm »
Quote Kevin: You don't donate for a feature. When you donate you don't get anything in return, that's what a donation is!!!11!!!11!

I still agree with that, but if you guys prefer to have it as a donator only feature we can do that.

I need a place for onur/vanguard homoerotic fanfiction I am paying a guy to write.

OT: I am fine with donators getting to use it, but give Vets access too, we have proven we can be trusted with a feature like this.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 03:25:39 pm by The Vanguard »
You know that weird flavour in your mouth when you woke up this morning? Yup, that was me.

Tennessee

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2014, 03:27:20 pm »

I need a place for onur/vanguard homoerotic fanfiction I am paying a guy to write.

OT: I am fine with donators getting to use it, but give Vets access too, we have proven we can be trusted with a feature like this.

You should definitely just throw $5 to the server. That's like lifetime access for what you paid monthly to Jagex for membership in 2006.

The Vanguard

• Rebel Commander

• Personal Text
    Gaze into my eye.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2014, 03:37:29 pm »

You should definitely just throw $5 to the server. That's like lifetime access for what you paid monthly to Jagex for membership in 2006.

You're right actually, I have played for a long time without donating, not fair on the guys who work on this. So your words have made me donate.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 03:41:02 pm by The Vanguard »
You know that weird flavour in your mouth when you woke up this morning? Yup, that was me.

Tennessee

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2014, 04:45:10 pm »

You're right actually, I have played for a long time without donating, not fair on the guys who work on this. So your words have made me donate.

awesome :D maybe we can get more people to do the same thing so they get a little boost of appreciation and push more content out

James

• Developer
  • Rebel Captain

• Sean is my son

• Personal Text
    The RR Grandpa
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2014, 09:44:33 pm »
Lol, the veteran badge means  nothing, it was literally Givin out to 95 percent who applied.
Hi, I'm James. I'm old as hell.

I need to Java again, lol

Austin

• Community Manager
  • Rebel Captain

• Has a nice view of your bedroom

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2014, 10:34:51 pm »
Lol, the veteran badge means  nothing, it was literally Givin out to 95 percent who applied.
what happened to the ex-staff title? Just curious.

James

• Developer
  • Rebel Captain

• Sean is my son

• Personal Text
    The RR Grandpa
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2014, 12:13:05 am »

No idea it was supposed to be somewhat converted to the veteran title. Veteran being someone who did something of significance for the game itself (i.e the vote topics that JT made which was a fantastic idea,  where all staff members voted and if it wasn't unanimous or pretty dang close to unanimous they wouldn't get the title.). Ex staff certainly falls into that category. People who log in every once in a while and post stuff on the forums every month or so or quit for extended amounts of time and come back certainly didn't do anything for the game.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 12:14:37 am by James »
Hi, I'm James. I'm old as hell.

I need to Java again, lol

edub

• Veteran
  • Rebel General

• "Heroes will always be remembered, but legends never die."

• Personal Text
    #1 in Mining (99) & Smithing (99)
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2014, 12:43:35 am »

awesome :D maybe we can get more people to do the same thing so they get a little boost of appreciation and push more content out

My fear in regards to donating has always been that a server will shut down after I donate, but given that runerebels has been nearly up for two years now I may actually consider doing it.

Onur

• Owner & Operator
  • Rebel General

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2014, 01:56:43 am »

My fear in regards to donating has always been that a server will shut down after I donate, but given that runerebels has been nearly up for two years now I may actually consider doing it.
pming you my paypal right now xox

it isnt omar til omar says its omar

Elevate

• Rebel Commander

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 16, 2014, 08:38:48 am »
So glad this was said. Being a Vetran doesn't mean shit. There's like 3-4 players who actually deserve it, the rest just wanted a title so they're "cool".

Austin

• Community Manager
  • Rebel Captain

• Has a nice view of your bedroom

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2014, 09:54:22 am »

No idea it was supposed to be somewhat converted to the veteran title. Veteran being someone who did something of significance for the game itself (i.e the vote topics that JT made which was a fantastic idea,  where all staff members voted and if it wasn't unanimous or pretty dang close to unanimous they wouldn't get the title.). Ex staff certainly falls into that category. People who log in every once in a while and post stuff on the forums every month or so or quit for extended amounts of time and come back certainly didn't do anything for the game.
ouch, i'm applying lotion to the burn currently don't worry.

P.S. although I was gone for extended periods of time during my last few months of having staff, I would like to say that I did everything in my willpower to try and get you guys to work on stuff. I myself was on this game every day for long long hours every week before then and would try to help any and every player I could. Although I didn't have to, I spent days helping push out that Christmas event because I knew that's what the community really wanted.... I told you guys what would happen if each situation were to occur and you guys went along and did it anyways. I said several times that people would be dissppointed in several updates if they were pushed out (even though Ryan did do a lot of work), but people want to see the content, not have it sitting in the background for "future updates". I created multiple quests that to this day was never used and got over a hundred dialogues that TO THIS DAY still haven't been put in.  It may seem like I didn't do much, but I did well beyond my job in what I was required to do. Hell even the advertisement that me and Petter worked on for literally weeks, never was used. We put a lot of work into that ad as well..... So yeah I guess you could go ahead and say that I didn't do anything for the game, but in my eyes I did a hell of a lot more than what was expected out of me and went beyond my job to at the very least attempt in putting this game on the right track. Sorry for the little rant but to say I didn't do anything for the game is blasphemy.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 10:09:18 am by Austin »

Tennessee

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 16, 2014, 10:59:21 am »

ouch, i'm applying lotion to the burn currently don't worry.

P.S. although I was gone for extended periods of time during my last few months of having staff, I would like to say that I did everything in my willpower to try and get you guys to work on stuff. I myself was on this game every day for long long hours every week before then and would try to help any and every player I could. Although I didn't have to, I spent days helping push out that Christmas event because I knew that's what the community really wanted.... I told you guys what would happen if each situation were to occur and you guys went along and did it anyways. I said several times that people would be dissppointed in several updates if they were pushed out (even though Ryan did do a lot of work), but people want to see the content, not have it sitting in the background for "future updates". I created multiple quests that to this day was never used and got over a hundred dialogues that TO THIS DAY still haven't been put in.  It may seem like I didn't do much, but I did well beyond my job in what I was required to do. Hell even the advertisement that me and Petter worked on for literally weeks, never was used. We put a lot of work into that ad as well..... So yeah I guess you could go ahead and say that I didn't do anything for the game, but in my eyes I did a hell of a lot more than what was expected out of me and went beyond my job to at the very least attempt in putting this game on the right track. Sorry for the little rant but to say I didn't do anything for the game is blasphemy.

Come back and get shit pushed out then. Hell, we've been promised another update a month ago and while I don't doubt SOMETHING is coming SOMETIME soon.. (maybe in November) it's not soon enough.. if there has been updates that we don't know about nobody can get pissed because we're getting restless especially the donators.  Nobody wants to throw money at something for it to turn out like 2006scape..

Onur

• Owner & Operator
  • Rebel General

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 16, 2014, 12:31:07 pm »
*Insert the usual we're working on something line here*

it isnt omar til omar says its omar

Brothership

• Quest Developer
  • Rebel Captain

• Onurs bitch.

• Personal Text
    Hey, you're pretty fly for a white guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 16, 2014, 12:36:51 pm »
So glad this was said. Being a Vetran doesn't mean shit. There's like 3-4 players who actually deserve it, the rest just wanted a title so they're "cool".
Im pretty cool
The original G. Literally.