Author Topic: You all knew this was coming...  (Read 37755 times)

Brothership

• Quest Developer
  • Rebel Captain

• Onurs bitch.

• Personal Text
    Hey, you're pretty fly for a white guy
    • View Profile
Re: You all knew this was coming...
« Reply #60 on: June 23, 2014, 03:41:20 pm »
Why do you people get off-topic in what seems to be a serious discussion? Go talk about how omar is what you look for in life and truly desire somewhere else like off-topic..
I did it for you bae now lets get back on-topic shall we?
The original G. Literally.

ZzReVeNg3zZ

• Donator
  • Rebel Commander

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 23, 2014, 06:52:49 pm »
I feel like it would be highly beneficial for essential items (D-Long, D-Scim, DDS, etc) to be released into the game without the need for quests. Basically it will give us the benefit of being able to use these items, but as soon as the quests are released, upon equipping these items, if you hadn't done the quest it will say "You need to complete ---- to wield this item" like it usually does.

Obviously it isn't an ideal situation, but it will give us the ability to use items early, and as soon as the quests are released they become unusable. Nobody wants RuneRebels to turn into a regular lame-ass RSPS like SoulSplit, that's not what it has been built for, however I feel like the only way to please people in the mean time is to give an early release of items with the promise that the quest will soon follow.

It's obviously a pain staking situation having to code the game, if i had any knowledge of coding i'd try to help you myself, but unfortunately I don't, my qualifications are in media not computer language scripts or whatever they're known as.

Those who oppose this idea are either ridiculously wealthy in the game, to the point where it doesn't bother them about new item releases, or they just don't want to see change. Either way, reflect upon what could make the game better, and we all know that it's not bug fixes and graphical glitch fixes that are the most important problems, it's the content.

Elevate

• Rebel Commander

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 23, 2014, 09:18:24 pm »
I say allow us players to have access to everything and develop quests as the server progresses. Guys lets face it, by the time all the quests are released we will all have lost interest. It will take a long ass time. That's not speaking bad about the development team, it's a big task for anyone.

I just think for the player base and for everyones gaming experience it's the best option.

Kevin

• Veteran
  • Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 23, 2014, 09:36:04 pm »
I say allow us players to have access to everything and develop quests as the server progresses. Guys lets face it, by the time all the quests are released we will all have lost interest. It will take a long ass time. That's not speaking bad about the development team, it's a big task for anyone.

I just think for the player base and for everyones gaming experience it's the best option.

We can do this.

Say we allow you guys to wear Dragon Longswords. When that quest comes out we will just disable the ability to wield that item. So if you are already wearing it, it will just go to your inventory or bank. (if both are full it would go to the floor)

Prayer

• Player Moderator
  • Rebel General

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 23, 2014, 09:49:35 pm »

We can do this.

Say we allow you guys to wear Dragon Longswords. When that quest comes out we will just disable the ability to wield that item. So if you are already wearing it, it will just go to your inventory or bank. (if both are full it would go to the floor)

So because you guys failed to provide the necessary quests, we are now given the option to just get those items easily?

buttplug

• Community Member
  • Rebel Captain

• Personal Text
    Omar
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 23, 2014, 09:52:16 pm »
Why do you people get off-topic in what seems to be a serious discussion? Go talk about how omar is what you look for in life and truly desire somewhere else like off-topic..

I'm sorry, I wasn't sure if it fell under a "conflict between staff/player". Thank you for birthing our new beautiful Omar thread. We owe it all to you.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 09:55:55 pm by buttplug »

edub

• Veteran
  • Rebel General

• "Heroes will always be remembered, but legends never die."

• Personal Text
    #1 in Mining (99) & Smithing (99)
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 23, 2014, 10:22:49 pm »
I think the additional areas should be restricted to entrana, canfis, shilo and maybe another minor area. They shouldn't all be brought in at once.

Elevate

• Rebel Commander

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 23, 2014, 11:37:30 pm »
Prayer speaking from experience you probably should support the server that you're a moderator on?

What do you expect Just all the quests to roll in? Personally I think this would be the best direction to take the server, for now that is.

ZzReVeNg3zZ

• Donator
  • Rebel Commander

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 24, 2014, 12:19:17 am »
Prayer speaking from experience you probably should support the server that you're a moderator on?

What do you expect Just all the quests to roll in? Personally I think this would be the best direction to take the server, for now that is.

Agreed

Prayer

• Player Moderator
  • Rebel General

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 24, 2014, 01:36:13 am »

Thing is I do support RR, not sure why you're saying that I don't. I believe making RR just feel like any other private server and no longer a remake by releasing everything would kill it in the long run. I also would love to help, but I can't do anything because I'm just a PLAYER that moderates. And obviously quests don't just "roll in", but I don't see how that pertains to the issue? The issue is the quest engine(which only Ryan can edit) and not the quests itself because there's already like 10 quests "fully" done and can't be released because they need the quest engine to do specific things.

Now if Ryan would come back and work on this at least an hour a week, we'd probably be fine, but he has 2 jobs and a girlfriend to worry about so nobody can blame him for living his life.  All I ask for is Ryan to come post here and give us his opinion on this issue.

Agreed

Are you agreeing that I should "support the server that you're a moderator on?" or agreeing on "Personally I think this would be the best direction to take the server, for now that is?"

Edit to reply to something I forgot to ;l

in 2 years from now, once more content is released, do you really expect to get a larger player base?

This question wasn't directed to me but I'll answer it anyways. I think if we actually release a massive amount of content and have paid advertisements on RSPS forums we might actually get a player spike and reach massive amounts of players. It might start off small but it might get bigger until it reaches its peak as people start coming and telling others about RR, you know but that's in 2 years and if the development puts extreme efforts.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 01:56:53 am by Prayer »

Cucking Funt

• Donator
  • Rebel Commander

• Personal Text
    Y0L0SWAG420BLEACHIT.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 24, 2014, 02:03:57 am »
I think that the way rr is heading is pretty bad, we were promised the sun in 2.0 and got the clouds. I don't really look forward to talks of big updates because they rarely happen, I think we should let the community decide with a poll. I don't support the open world but if it's what the majority wants, majority gets.

Edit: Even if scims, dds... are released there's no content/players to use them on. only training. Yeah, it'll be better exp but do you really need it? ruining the oldschool server.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 02:40:16 am by Cucking Funt »

Kevin

• Veteran
  • Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 24, 2014, 02:37:13 am »
I'm going to be honest with you guys. It is going to be a long time until we can get some serious content pumped out. James and I both work. Ryan has 2 jobs, and is a full-time student trying to pay off debt. He is the only one who can pump out the patches for the quest editor but not having time is killing this. I am trying to come up with a way that you guys can continue to play the game with added features now, instead of waiting anywhere from 3-12 months.

RuneRebels 2.0 was going to be massive. Hell, ask N0va, there are several quests that are either damn near done or started. I think it is on the lines of 20+ quests that are in progress with like 10+ of them that are nearly done. But lacking Quest developers hurts us hard, but not having a complete quest editor is killing us even more. Only 1 person can update it. Even if Ryan were to give James and myself access to the raw code, it would still take a lot of time to fix the problems we are having with the editor.

I am not trying to push you guys into doing something you don't want to do. If you are willing to wait it out we can, not a problem. I just want to let you guys know it is going to be some time from now.

Elevate

• Rebel Commander

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 24, 2014, 02:53:04 am »
And obviously quests don't just "roll in", but I don't see how that pertains to the issue?
Thus meaning that it's going to take anywhere from 3-12 months for us to even have access to these things due to quests. So you're willing to wait that long for vital aspects of the game to be released? Not trying to be a downer but there are remakes out there that are already more developed than us. A set back like this really puts us more behind the 8 ball.

I honestly think the more content we can have now the better. Improve the player base somewhat.

Cucking Funt

• Donator
  • Rebel Commander

• Personal Text
    Y0L0SWAG420BLEACHIT.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 24, 2014, 03:01:41 am »
And obviously quests don't just "roll in", but I don't see how that pertains to the issue?
Thus meaning that it's going to take anywhere from 3-12 months for us to even have access to these things due to quests. So you're willing to wait that long for vital aspects of the game to be released? Not trying to be a downer but there are remakes out there that are already more developed than us. A set back like this really puts us more behind the 8 ball.

I honestly think the more content we can have now the better. Improve the player base somewhat.
I kind of agree. this has changed my viewpoint slightly.

Prayer

• Player Moderator
  • Rebel General

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 24, 2014, 03:28:28 am »

It might improve the playerbase, but those are the players we surely don't want to attract. Besides an increase of the playerbase at this current time is useless since it's going to decrease back down once they realise this server isn't the perfect remake they want, or they'll end up leaving for other reasons like that this server is 2x exp, lack of quests, lack of pking (presumably because it's 2x and everyone's really low level), lack of High scores because like competition, and many reasons.. For example if barrows is accessible, and someone got full DH it wouldn't even hit really high with low hp because it's not even coded in...

My idea would be to wait it out... It might sound dumb but during that time 2006Revived will probably be dead already or somewhat dead(many bugs, a dupe, glitches), and any other current remake too, so we won't have to worry much about competition. By the time Ryan comes back we can "start over" and start advertising for "RR's second release" or something like that to get players to come start playing, because we need players to come when we are in a positive slope, not in the slope we are in now. Besides the waiting method makes RR stay a true 2006 remake, which is the reason RR was even made.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 03:33:25 am by Prayer »