Author Topic: Runescape to RuneRebels  (Read 11357 times)

Gtfo my eggs

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
Runescape to RuneRebels
« on: May 17, 2014, 02:12:19 pm »
With my suggestion I would like to see Runescape removed from interfaces and to be replaced with our server's name :P or to have the banks say "The Bank of Gielinor" (which is the name of all the runescape land)

Code: [Select]
(rsInterface.interfaceType == 4) {
    rsInterface.disabledMessage = stream.readString().replaceAll("RuneScape", "RuneRebel");
    rsInterface.enabledMessage = stream.readString();
   } - Handles EVERY place the interface says "Runescape"

Recoil

• Rebel Leader

• Power Absolute

• Personal Text
    Surprise, bitch!
    • View Profile
    • My Development Projects
Re: Runescape to RuneRebels
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2014, 05:55:55 pm »
I'm not sure that you know what the hell you're talking about, or how you think you know what Ryan's source looks like, given that he used his own engine. Plus your "comment" you have in your code would give errors, comments in Java need to be first expressed with: // , not just a dash.

Stuart

• Developer
  • Rebel General

• #1 Coolest Person HURR

• Personal Text
    Thanks Omar. Its your fault.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2014, 06:29:08 pm »
I'm not sure that you know what the hell you're talking about, or how you think you know what Ryan's source looks like, given that he used his own engine. Plus your "comment" you have in your code would give errors, comments in Java need to be first expressed with: // , not just a dash.
Woah man, calm down. The client isn't Ryans at all, its still Jagex's property... its just edited to support the server. The server is what Ryan owns. The code he provided is not for the server, its for the client. Also, i don't think he expected anyone to put in that comment he added, its just a description of the function of the code...

Take a chill pill man. I personally agree these names should be fixed, but they aren't high priority right now.

Gtfo my eggs

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2014, 07:35:46 pm »

Well yes, My "comment" (lol) is for runescape to be changed to rune-rebels on the interfaces , sorry if you couldn't understand   or maybe you're just trying to keep players from having creative criticism.  Sorry if the code is broken or whatever the fact of the matter is that i'm entitled to any suggestion I want, either support me or don't support me. Don't sit there and start a flame battle over something stupid. I'm not here for that

Nice way to get me feeling nice and welcome here in the forums RiiPiiN. I'll be here alot ;)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2014, 07:37:24 pm by Gtfo my eggs »

Stuart

• Developer
  • Rebel General

• #1 Coolest Person HURR

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2014, 08:26:18 pm »

Well yes, My "comment" (lol) is for runescape to be changed to rune-rebels on the interfaces , sorry if you couldn't understand   or maybe you're just trying to keep players from having creative criticism.  Sorry if the code is broken or whatever the fact of the matter is that i'm entitled to any suggestion I want, either support me or don't support me. Don't sit there and start a flame battle over something stupid. I'm not here for that

Nice way to get me feeling nice and welcome here in the forums RiiPiiN. I'll be here alot ;)
Hope to see you ingame. I am personally more active on forums than ingame because I have spurts of playing rune rebels for like a month and then just linger around on forums for a month. Its a weird cycle! :D

Gtfo my eggs

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2014, 08:31:02 pm »
I just came from a server that recently died out on the forums, kinda weird going to a new one again.

Stuart

• Developer
  • Rebel General

• #1 Coolest Person HURR

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2014, 08:32:10 pm »
I just came from a server that recently died out on the forums, kinda weird going to a new one again.
Yes it is weird. I worked for a programmer for Near Reality and was fired for inactivity... moving back and fourth from a server with 300+ online most of the time to one with 5 on average is quite the move.

Recoil

• Rebel Leader

• Power Absolute

• Personal Text
    Surprise, bitch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2014, 08:58:45 pm »

Support you or don't support you? Wow, real smart & candid advice, but I've already clearly not supported you.

Also, are you fucking serious about "creative criticism"? Give me a break, you suggested a name be changed, not invented the damn iPhone. The code was broken too, that's why I pointed it out in the first place. And to be quite honest, I originally didn't meant to sound that flippant, I'm just sick of people coming on here with pieces of code when they clearly don't know what they're talking about, because they often do it just for attention. I'm sure Ryan would know how to implement your suggestion it with his the current system he's got going. Perhaps I just misjudged you, but I don't think so.

And RiiPiiN, I know he doesn't use his own client, but I also wouldn't assume it's client-sided issue, I'm actually pretty sure those pieces of text (at least the text on the logout tab) are bytes sent from the server. At least that's how it is for most clients/servers.

Stuart

• Developer
  • Rebel General

• #1 Coolest Person HURR

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2014, 09:35:00 pm »

Support you or don't support you? Wow, real smart & candid advice, but I've already clearly not supported you.

Also, are you fucking serious about "creative criticism"? Give me a break, you suggested a name be changed, not invented the damn iPhone. The code was broken too, that's why I pointed it out in the first place. And to be quite honest, I originally didn't meant to sound that flippant, I'm just sick of people coming on here with pieces of code when they clearly don't know what they're talking about, because they often do it just for attention. I'm sure Ryan would know how to implement your suggestion it with his the current system he's got going. Perhaps I just misjudged you, but I don't think so.

And RiiPiiN, I know he doesn't use his own client, but I also wouldn't assume it's client-sided issue, I'm actually pretty sure those pieces of text (at least the text on the logout tab) are bytes sent from the server. At least that's how it is for most clients/servers.
Stop being an ass hole, you're just making yourself look like a big douche.

Also, that isn't server code... you really need to look more into stuff like this before getting all up in his ass. He is just pointing out something that should be fixed and provided a valid way of fixing it.

RSInterface is client sided, as is stream.readString... the output from server -> client uses ByteBuffer and the native Stream class of the client itself...

Gtfo my eggs

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2014, 09:48:40 pm »
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/creative

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/criticism

I'm just sick of people coming on here with pieces of code when they clearly don't know what they're talking about.

Just next time don't be quick to judge people okay?

Recoil

• Rebel Leader

• Power Absolute

• Personal Text
    Surprise, bitch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2014, 03:04:27 pm »

I'm just sick of people coming on here with pieces of code when they clearly don't know what they're talking about.

I know what creative criticism is. My point was that you were just being way over-dramatic about it. I'm not hindering creative criticism by criticizing an idea to change a name in two places. Point being, your suggestion was minute in creativity.

RiiPiiN I really don't give a shit if I look like a douche or Joseph fucking Stalin for that matter. Because unlike you, my actions aren't determined by a preconceived notion of how other people will react to me. I just be me. You should try it some time.

And you're still wrong about it necessarily being a client-sided issue, I've seen multiple instances where that text was not to be found in an entire client. It's not impossible for a server to send bytes of text.

Stuart

• Developer
  • Rebel General

• #1 Coolest Person HURR

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2014, 05:02:18 pm »

I know what creative criticism is. My point was that you were just being way over-dramatic about it. I'm not hindering creative criticism by criticizing an idea to change a name in two places. Point being, your suggestion was minute in creativity.

RiiPiiN I really don't give a shit if I look like a douche or Joseph fucking Stalin for that matter. Because unlike you, my actions aren't determined by a preconceived notion of how other people will react to me. I just be me. You should try it some time.

And you're still wrong about it necessarily being a client-sided issue, I've seen multiple instances where that text was not to be found in an entire client. It's not impossible for a server to send bytes of text.
If thats you, I'd be suprised if you have friends IRL. No one wants to be friends with a self conceived douche bag.

Sure, its possible to do the same thing using packet 126 to send a string from server -> client, but thats unneeded and a waist of memory when you could just do it in the client.

You were saying he was being over dramatic, yet you're the one who responded more dramatically then he came off as (to you). You're also being hypocritical when you tell people to not talk about things until they learn more about them. You still have a lot to learn before getting on anyone's ass about things like this.

Let me also add that it doesn't matter if the suggestion is big or small. How it comes across is a matter of how YOU interpret it. He didn't intend to make this a big deal... afterall, this is a SUGGESTIONS board...

Tennessee

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2014, 05:03:23 pm »

yea.. you're a dick.. you always make short dickish remarks with every post. You can't just be a productive member of the forums, you have to be confrontational with everyone for no reason. You're type just needs a good ass whoopin and you'll calm down.. I see your type all the time online but irl you're quiet and self-conscious and are scared of physical confrontation.. you come online as a release.. it's cool.. just know your words are still being directed at a real person.. not just on this website but anywhere you type anything online people will see it and will be affected by it.. I hope that doesn't give you a sense of power but more a sense of caring about what you make others feel like.. being the way you are isn't "cool" or "manly" it's the opposite.. You should try to be nice to everyone until they are unfriendly to you.. then say/do what you want.. but you shouldn't have that attitude right off the bat.. that sets you up for a life of stress and anxiety and depression and you bring others down with you along the way. Try meditating. Seriously..

Onur

• Owner & Operator
  • Rebel General

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2014, 05:37:53 pm »

it isnt omar til omar says its omar

Xillias

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2014, 04:56:04 am »