Author Topic: List of Websites for Voting  (Read 49079 times)

Kevin

• Veteran
  • Rebel Captain

• View Profile
Re: List of Websites for Voting
« Reply #45 on: February 01, 2014, 05:53:14 pm »
Awesome good job Sento! Added to the main post

Slayer

• Veteran
  • Rebel Captain

• HEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEY

• Personal Text
    Namechange Sento -> Slayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 01, 2014, 05:56:40 pm »
Awesome good job Sento! Added to the main post
Thanks, but change the name to TheBotNet  instead of TheBot :3
their domain used to be TheBotNet.com but they bought a new one :p the .net is actually part of the name =D

Slayer

• Veteran
  • Rebel Captain

• HEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEY

• Personal Text
    Namechange Sento -> Slayer
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 05:20:54 am by Sento »

Kevin

• Veteran
  • Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 02, 2014, 06:20:42 pm »
Keep voting, you guys are doing great!

Muse

• Rebel Leader

• kastom titel?

• Personal Text
    If Vatican then I can too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 03, 2014, 06:25:36 am »
What's wrong with that link?: http://www.rune-server.org/toplist/detail/7181/RuneRebels_2006_Remake/

I vote there everyday but it always says: You have already voted!
Also it seems that the vote amount on that site is low, only 14..
Any idea to fix this?

Kevin

• Veteran
  • Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 04, 2014, 11:15:43 pm »

Cheshire Cat

• Veteran
  • Rebel Captain

• Personal Text
    Away for personal reasons.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 04, 2014, 11:26:25 pm »
God damn, that's a lot of vote links.

ZzReVeNg3zZ

• Donator
  • Rebel Commander

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 05, 2014, 07:17:26 am »
We would never give players in-game items that would give them an advantage over another player.

But wouldn't extra exp count for an advantage over another player?

I'm sorry but I don't agree with there being rewards in-game for voting.. The whole fact of the matter is, this is a 2006 remake server, not SoulSplit or BattleScape, in games like that rewards are acceptable for voting because they aren't playing to replicate the experience of RuneScape at a specific era, this however is different, if we start giving out XP lamps for voting doesn't that just defeat the realism of training and grinding out skills. Some of you have said that XP lamps aren't beneficial but really they are, thus i'm against any form of obtainable item from voting, even GP, the whole point of voting is if the server is good, people vote, there's no point bribing people gold to vote, because the people like us who love the game enough will vote regardless of any reward. So yeah, I agree with Prayer, possibly there could be different forum colours or something, maybe even on the forums over <--------- there it shows my name and stuff, it could say like "Voted: 57 Times" for instance, or something along those lines.

Again, any cosmetic items is rather pointless and removing the genuine sense of this being a remake, i'll admit that yes, we need people to vote, but giving them items doing so in my opinion isn't the best option to go about things.

HazyBedlam

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 08, 2014, 11:51:23 am »
What if after "x" number of votes there was some kind of special event?

Zeliounz

• Rebel Commander

• Personal Text
    The voices are growing louder. SHUT UP FAMOO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 08, 2014, 06:40:46 pm »
We would never give players in-game items that would give them an advantage over another player.

I'm sorry but I don't agree with there being rewards in-game for voting.. The whole fact of the matter is, this is a 2006 remake server, not SoulSplit or BattleScape, in games like that rewards are acceptable for voting because they aren't playing to replicate the experience of RuneScape at a specific era, this however is different, if we start giving out XP lamps for voting doesn't that just defeat the realism of training and grinding out skills. Some of you have said that XP lamps aren't beneficial but really they are, thus i'm against any form of obtainable item from voting, even GP, the whole point of voting is if the server is good, people vote, there's no point bribing people gold to vote, because the people like us who love the game enough will vote regardless of any reward. So yeah, I agree with Prayer, possibly there could be different forum colours or something, maybe even on the forums over <--------- there it shows my name and stuff, it could say like "Voted: 57 Times" for instance, or something along those lines.

Again, any cosmetic items is rather pointless and removing the genuine sense of this being a remake, i'll admit that yes, we need people to vote, but giving them items doing so in my opinion isn't the best option to go about things.
You obviously have never used a voting website before. New members will NEVER vote unless given a reason to. Hence the reward.
??!??

Dev

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 08, 2014, 09:20:01 pm »
If you guys didn't already add in the Christmas scarves, I would have said make those the rewards for voting, like every 10 votes you move up one. Vanity items should be fine. Exp boosts, I'm less fine with but really it's not like there are hiscores or a big competitive scene.

ZzReVeNg3zZ

• Donator
  • Rebel Commander

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 08, 2014, 10:20:00 pm »

You obviously have never used a voting website before. New members will NEVER vote unless given a reason to. Hence the reward.

New members should vote because they enjoy the server, not because they're being bribed.. I'm well aware of voting reward systems but this isn't a server that should use that method of generating votes.

buttplug

• Community Member
  • Rebel Captain

• Personal Text
    Omar
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 08, 2014, 10:34:18 pm »

New members should vote because they enjoy the server, not because they're being bribed.. I'm well aware of voting reward systems but this isn't a server that should use that method of generating votes.

A lot of things SHOULD be a lot of ways but aren't

partyhat one

• Rebel Recruit

• Revive RuneRebels!!!

• Personal Text
    runescape, runescape and uhmm MORE RUNESCAPE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 24, 2014, 08:19:45 pm »
i'd just like to say, maybe double exp could be held once a certain number of votes are reached for a server?
Revive the server!

Prayer

• Player Moderator
  • Rebel General

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 24, 2014, 08:29:34 pm »
i'd just like to say, maybe double exp could be held once a certain number of votes are reached for a server?

I don't like this idea. I feel as though this server would stay great if the exp rate were the same, else people would hoard items like nats, herbs, and resources for a 2x event.