8 (22.9%)
10x
0 (0%)
25x
1 (2.9%)
50x
2 (5.7%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Author Topic: Suggestion to raise XP RATE  (Read 9362 times)

Brothership

• Quest Developer
  • Rebel Captain

• Onurs bitch.

• Personal Text
    Hey, you're pretty fly for a white guy
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestion to raise XP RATE
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2014, 05:47:50 pm »
Based off what I read that wasn't off topic, and not hateful -
Saying that I'm not a donor is hilarious. Comparing that should be comparing our join dates, which I have you beat there buddy.

I'm not trying to mold the server around my schedule, or turn it into something of my own. I keep hearing about player-base, and attracting players, yet you guys JUST hit 50 'online at one time' I believe. Is that even worth mentioning when there are other servers out there with over thousands of active players? Now, I know remakes aren't the most popular genre to the RSPS community, and it's a hard niche to get into as a server owner and developer (I'm staff on couple of servers that are not remakes and was previously on one that failed) and even harder for the players. I'm an opportunist. I'm an idea kind of guy, which is why Ryan wanted to include me on the team in the beginning. I understand totally about player-attraction, niche appeal and trying to just stay above the competition (which is scarce in remakes). The problem with competition is, Runescape is offering a more secure product and security on terms of being around, and your accounts. RR Owners don't expect the server to go anywhere, not many server owners do, but there is always the chance the server could disappear. The VPS could crash and we lose the information. Ryan becomes more busy and the team loses motivation. There are so many factors that could take RR down in a month. Jagex doesn't have that, and if it did, players would know from the start. With this competition in mind, you have to include other ideas that bring a new face to the remake 'genre' and attraction to players that wouldn't ordinarily be interested in a remake. How do you do that? Well, without ruining the original formula of the server, an increased XP rate could bring a bunch of new players that wouldn't ordinarily player it. One, such as, players who don't have that much time on their hands (I happen to fall into that category). Two, players that may prefer pking as a main factor in a server and look away at servers who don't promote in such a way as fast leveling. And lastly, players who wish to relive the 'glory days' without paying the price they did back then (I could also fall into this category...).

With that being said, I believe the discussion of increasing the XP rate should be a serious one to the staff and the players.
Do you want more people?
Do you want to attract more people?
I hope so, as a community, that means a stronger presence and more of a game.
As owners/developers, more possible revenue for the server and, well, more players are always good.
We don't have a lot of players in the first place is because we don't push advertising very heavily lately. Once we launch 2.0 we have so many things we are going to do for advertising... it will be near impossible to not have heard of us in the rsps community. We did have a lot of players at one point but we lost them simply to OSRS. Not because of our xp rate... in pre-alpha EVERYBODY was complaining about xp rate being too high. I actually got 99 prayer in 3 DAYS. That should not happen. That leaves people to leave at a sooner rate. During the launch of alpha it was 3x and we STILL had people complaining it was too fast. At that point we had more players on than we do right now. So we lowered it again. Then once we hit 2x we had people from all over saying how it is perfect. But there will always be no matter what that little few who think it's not good enough. Go on moparscape right now you will see about 3 people who posted on our ad saying it's still too much and like 2 people saying they want it higher. You can't satisfy everyone. If we were to try to satisfy everyone we wouldn't succeed. If you haven't heard it before but, "If you try to satisfy everyone, you will satisfy no one."
you guys are so deep i cant even see you anymore
The original G. Literally.

Janloom

• Rebel Leader

• Huh? What?

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2014, 06:29:11 pm »
Without a grind there's no game, only PvP - and there's PvP-oriented private servers out there already.

ox random xi

• Rebel Recruit

• Personal Text
    Winter is coming
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2014, 09:02:00 pm »
Yeah, I've played since it was spawn-enabled. I remember the XP rate. It was a lot more fun than this. Enjoy the small player-base I guess.

Prayer

• Player Moderator
  • Rebel General

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2014, 09:18:03 pm »
Yeah, I've played since it was spawn-enabled. I remember the XP rate. It was a lot more fun than this. Enjoy the small player-base I guess.

That exp rate would kill off people who would like to stay here for more than months.. Also by that last state are you implying that our exp rate would cause us to stay at a low player base? Because having a high exp rate would bring a few more players, but eventually make us lose more.

realitycheck

• Rebel Commander

• Personal Text
    Don't mistake lack of talent for genius - P.Steele
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2014, 10:15:28 pm »

I will enjoy the base if it stays small, or grows large.  At least I know the base will consist of players who play to enjoy the game and community and not a bunch of level 99-whoring nubs who are just looking to brag about nothing.

James

• Developer
  • Rebel Captain

• Sean is my son

• Personal Text
    The RR Grandpa
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2014, 10:16:25 pm »
I will leave this post open until tomorrow at 11:59 PM Eastern time. At that time, the staff team will view the results of the poll, and us owners will discuss the XP rate.
Hi, I'm James. I'm old as hell.

I need to Java again, lol

Prayer

• Player Moderator
  • Rebel General

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2014, 10:22:34 pm »
I will leave this post open until tomorrow at 11:59 PM Eastern time. At that time, the staff team will view the results of the poll, and us owners will discuss the XP rate.

If the exp rate changes to, lets say 4x, I would have dedicated my time to reach 99 whilst someone else dedicated half the time to reach the same goal... that's like a waste of time I already spent -.-

Austin

• Community Manager
  • Rebel Captain

• Has a nice view of your bedroom

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2014, 10:44:24 pm »

If the exp rate changes to, lets say 4x, I would have dedicated my time to reach 99 whilst someone else dedicated half the time to reach the same goal... that's like a waste of time I already spent -.-
nonono if we WERE to change the xp rate we would divide the xp you have by 2 and then times it by the new xp rate.

Kendall

• Rebel Captain

• Personal Text
    u dont even drink blue dew
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2014, 11:32:58 pm »
Woo 50x exp! Maxed total here I come!

Austin

• Community Manager
  • Rebel Captain

• Has a nice view of your bedroom

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2014, 11:57:42 pm »
Woo 50x exp! Maxed total here I come!
roflll

Kevin

• Veteran
  • Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2014, 01:03:21 am »
I want everyone to keep an open mind.

IF we did change our XP rate, your stats would changed based on what you earned. So, if you have say 92 fishing, and we changed the XP rate to 4x, you would be put to 99 fishing. You're work will not be drowned out.

Prayer

• Player Moderator
  • Rebel General

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2014, 01:17:55 am »

IF we did change our XP rate, your stats would changed based on what you earned. So, if you have say 92 fishing, and we changed the XP rate to 4x, you would be put to 99 fishing. You're work will not be drowned out.

Yeah, well IF that did happen, then you would miss out on actually getting from 98-99 which is like an amazing feeling..

Kevin

• Veteran
  • Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2014, 01:27:45 am »

Yeah, well IF that did happen, then you would miss out on actually getting from 98-99 which is like an amazing feeling..

I'm sure we could come up with a way around it. Like XP lamps that once you rub them, give you the correct XP. So you can have your 99 party after-all.

True Sh0t

• Rebel Recruit

• Personal Text
    Arrow to the FACE
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2014, 02:31:34 am »
I think it's perfect. i vote No.
Free Fallin' ~ Tom Petty

Brothership

• Quest Developer
  • Rebel Captain

• Onurs bitch.

• Personal Text
    Hey, you're pretty fly for a white guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2014, 05:17:22 am »
Lol we can already see that the majority dont want a change of the xp rate..
The original G. Literally.