8 (22.9%)
10x
0 (0%)
25x
1 (2.9%)
50x
2 (5.7%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Author Topic: Suggestion to raise XP RATE  (Read 9361 times)

ox random xi

• Rebel Recruit

• Personal Text
    Winter is coming
    • View Profile
Suggestion to raise XP RATE
« on: January 10, 2014, 10:06:29 pm »
Now, I'm an old player of RR, I was almost the community manager 2 years ago when they needed one, and I would love to get into the game but I can't with my time restraints due to my 2 jobs and school. I'd love an XP higher than 2.

I'd like to raise it to either 10x or 25x, but others can comment what they'd like.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 10:08:01 pm by ox random xi »

Tennessee

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
Re: Suggestion to raise XP RATE
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2014, 10:14:30 pm »
man I'm in college. work full time. and I'm preparing to open a juice bar in my hometown with a loan I'm getting in a couple months. I'm super busy too but I'm tired of people wanting to raise xp rates. It's a remake for a reason.. I was all in favor of 1x ONLY but now that I've played 2x I think it's perfect because it's not too fast and not too slow. We want the grind to be there to distinguish the ones that put in hard work. If you make it any higher it's going to be like all the other private servers just without custom content and skills added. That's dumb. a REMAKE IS A REMAKE

ox random xi

• Rebel Recruit

• Personal Text
    Winter is coming
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2014, 10:16:40 pm »
man I'm in college. work full time. and I'm preparing to open a juice bar in my hometown with a loan I'm getting in a couple months. I'm super busy too but I'm tired of people wanting to raise xp rates. It's a remake for a reason.. I was all in favor of 1x ONLY but now that I've played 2x I think it's perfect because it's not too fast and not too slow. We want the grind to be there to distinguish the ones that put in hard work. If you make it any higher it's going to be like all the other private servers just without custom content and skills added. That's dumb. a REMAKE IS A REMAKE
If you want to play RS 06, Jagex is offering it with a higher security of being always there with more dedicated developers and supporters. Sounds like that's what you want.

Tennessee

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2014, 10:26:35 pm »
or you could just go to a different private server because it sounds like this one isn't good enough for you...

why do you even feel obligated to suggest they should change anything if you haven't even donated or invested in the server?
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 10:31:07 pm by Tennessee »

Prometheus

• Donator
  • Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2014, 11:44:35 pm »
If you want to play RS 06, Jagex is offering it with a higher security of being always there with more dedicated developers and supporters. Sounds like that's what you want.
sounds fishy... like someone i know... mod mark! i will not play 07
I have entered the grind, leaving would be quitting, are you a quitter?

Jmood

• Donator
  • Rebel Recruit

• Text goes here

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2014, 12:11:05 am »
or you could just go to a different private server because it sounds like this one isn't good enough for you...

why do you even feel obligated to suggest they should change anything if you haven't even donated or invested in the server?

being a donor gives you more of a right? I thought donating didn't give any advantages over regular players.

investing into the server? I didn't know this was the stock exchange.

I like to gain xp like anyone else but not at levels that are on par with or just 10xp higher then runescape.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 12:16:09 am by Jmood »

Stuart

• Developer
  • Rebel General

• #1 Coolest Person HURR

• Personal Text
    Thanks Omar. Its your fault.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2014, 12:13:54 am »

First of all, you're a disgrace to America with that bullshit flag in your signature. Second of all, you're ignorant and you're not open to mature discussion.

OT: I understand random where you're coming from and I know you better than others here (kinda), but the XP rate was chosen to be x2 multiple times by the community. It isn't too slow (for most players) and it isn't too fast where you get a 99 in a day. The fastest 99s take 2-3 weeks depending on how much of your life you invest. However, the x2 XP rate also helps maintain a pretty dang decent economy. Theres more that plays into this then just how long it takes to level.

I'd love to here your argument to that though as mature and civil arguments/ discussions are rare to come by in this community.

Stuart

• Developer
  • Rebel General

• #1 Coolest Person HURR

• Personal Text
    Thanks Omar. Its your fault.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2014, 01:19:44 am »
I would also like to include Tennessee, that on top of your foreseen "republic" not being able to pay for itself, you have all the government moochers who live off disability to take care of. Have fun paying for that too.

Austin

• Community Manager
  • Rebel Captain

• Has a nice view of your bedroom

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2014, 02:17:58 am »
We will not be changing the xp rate, we've discussed this numerous times and every time it ends up being in favor of a more towards 1x. Everybody wants to change the xp rate to fit their schedule but i'm sorry it will not happen. The reason why we keep it at 2x is because it still feels like we work for our skills. We had it at 10x and guess what, people were getting 99's in like 2 days and that is not fun AT ALL. If we keep it at what it is right now people keep coming back and that is how you get a big playerbase. You keep people coming back. If we have it at 10x then people will get their 99's and leave. There is no real desire to play other than getting rich which people will be in no time at all. The low xp rate allows for the nostalgia to feel stronger, when you have a high xp rate you soon realize how fast you are leveling up and it reveals the illusion of a remake. You then notice how much of a private server it is and don't see it as an original. In order for us to accomplish our goal, we have to make sure it's as much as a remake as possible. YES we will make some changes only so that the things that nobody was in favor of isn't there.  I have to re-explain myself every time somebody brings this up I guess I should just have it pre-typed from now on....

Slayer

• Veteran
  • Rebel Captain

• HEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEY

• Personal Text
    Namechange Sento -> Slayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2014, 07:47:43 am »
At a certain point I had 2 jobs too, and I'm also going to school.
This is just asking to change something for your personal needs, a x10 rate wouldn't be any fun, there wouldn't be any competition between users etc.

Charles

• Veteran
  • Rebel Captain

• Personal Text
    Smitten with a knitten kitten.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2014, 08:47:05 am »
The exp rate will stay x2, many new players have brought this up in the past and it has never been changed nor will it be in the future. The staff wants this server to be a accurate remake that got every single thing right aside from the exp rate.
Please don't suggest this again.

Prayer

• Player Moderator
  • Rebel General

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2014, 08:48:37 am »
If the exp rates were any more than they are now, no one would enjoy the low level aspects of the game.

James

• Developer
  • Rebel Captain

• Sean is my son

• Personal Text
    The RR Grandpa
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2014, 02:53:14 pm »
Both of you, knock it off. This topic's to debate the XP rate, not US Politics. If you would like to do that, please take it to PM.

In my opinion, the XP Rate is fine, if not a little to lax. I have a lot going on, and am always busy, and still find the time to play on my alt and have fun. And I feel that my skills are well-earned, and not gotten super easily.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 05:54:26 pm by JT »
Hi, I'm James. I'm old as hell.

I need to Java again, lol

ox random xi

• Rebel Recruit

• Personal Text
    Winter is coming
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2014, 05:28:59 pm »
Based off what I read that wasn't off topic, and not hateful -
Saying that I'm not a donor is hilarious. Comparing that should be comparing our join dates, which I have you beat there buddy.

I'm not trying to mold the server around my schedule, or turn it into something of my own. I keep hearing about player-base, and attracting players, yet you guys JUST hit 50 'online at one time' I believe. Is that even worth mentioning when there are other servers out there with over thousands of active players? Now, I know remakes aren't the most popular genre to the RSPS community, and it's a hard niche to get into as a server owner and developer (I'm staff on couple of servers that are not remakes and was previously on one that failed) and even harder for the players. I'm an opportunist. I'm an idea kind of guy, which is why Ryan wanted to include me on the team in the beginning. I understand totally about player-attraction, niche appeal and trying to just stay above the competition (which is scarce in remakes). The problem with competition is, Runescape is offering a more secure product and security on terms of being around, and your accounts. RR Owners don't expect the server to go anywhere, not many server owners do, but there is always the chance the server could disappear. The VPS could crash and we lose the information. Ryan becomes more busy and the team loses motivation. There are so many factors that could take RR down in a month. Jagex doesn't have that, and if it did, players would know from the start. With this competition in mind, you have to include other ideas that bring a new face to the remake 'genre' and attraction to players that wouldn't ordinarily be interested in a remake. How do you do that? Well, without ruining the original formula of the server, an increased XP rate could bring a bunch of new players that wouldn't ordinarily player it. One, such as, players who don't have that much time on their hands (I happen to fall into that category). Two, players that may prefer pking as a main factor in a server and look away at servers who don't promote in such a way as fast leveling. And lastly, players who wish to relive the 'glory days' without paying the price they did back then (I could also fall into this category...).

With that being said, I believe the discussion of increasing the XP rate should be a serious one to the staff and the players.
Do you want more people?
Do you want to attract more people?
I hope so, as a community, that means a stronger presence and more of a game.
As owners/developers, more possible revenue for the server and, well, more players are always good.

Austin

• Community Manager
  • Rebel Captain

• Has a nice view of your bedroom

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2014, 05:43:58 pm »
Based off what I read that wasn't off topic, and not hateful -
Saying that I'm not a donor is hilarious. Comparing that should be comparing our join dates, which I have you beat there buddy.

I'm not trying to mold the server around my schedule, or turn it into something of my own. I keep hearing about player-base, and attracting players, yet you guys JUST hit 50 'online at one time' I believe. Is that even worth mentioning when there are other servers out there with over thousands of active players? Now, I know remakes aren't the most popular genre to the RSPS community, and it's a hard niche to get into as a server owner and developer (I'm staff on couple of servers that are not remakes and was previously on one that failed) and even harder for the players. I'm an opportunist. I'm an idea kind of guy, which is why Ryan wanted to include me on the team in the beginning. I understand totally about player-attraction, niche appeal and trying to just stay above the competition (which is scarce in remakes). The problem with competition is, Runescape is offering a more secure product and security on terms of being around, and your accounts. RR Owners don't expect the server to go anywhere, not many server owners do, but there is always the chance the server could disappear. The VPS could crash and we lose the information. Ryan becomes more busy and the team loses motivation. There are so many factors that could take RR down in a month. Jagex doesn't have that, and if it did, players would know from the start. With this competition in mind, you have to include other ideas that bring a new face to the remake 'genre' and attraction to players that wouldn't ordinarily be interested in a remake. How do you do that? Well, without ruining the original formula of the server, an increased XP rate could bring a bunch of new players that wouldn't ordinarily player it. One, such as, players who don't have that much time on their hands (I happen to fall into that category). Two, players that may prefer pking as a main factor in a server and look away at servers who don't promote in such a way as fast leveling. And lastly, players who wish to relive the 'glory days' without paying the price they did back then (I could also fall into this category...).

With that being said, I believe the discussion of increasing the XP rate should be a serious one to the staff and the players.
Do you want more people?
Do you want to attract more people?
I hope so, as a community, that means a stronger presence and more of a game.
As owners/developers, more possible revenue for the server and, well, more players are always good.
We don't have a lot of players in the first place is because we don't push advertising very heavily lately. Once we launch 2.0 we have so many things we are going to do for advertising... it will be near impossible to not have heard of us in the rsps community. We did have a lot of players at one point but we lost them simply to OSRS. Not because of our xp rate... in pre-alpha EVERYBODY was complaining about xp rate being too high. I actually got 99 prayer in 3 DAYS. That should not happen. That leaves people to leave at a sooner rate. During the launch of alpha it was 3x and we STILL had people complaining it was too fast. At that point we had more players on than we do right now. So we lowered it again. Then once we hit 2x we had people from all over saying how it is perfect. But there will always be no matter what that little few who think it's not good enough. Go on moparscape right now you will see about 3 people who posted on our ad saying it's still too much and like 2 people saying they want it higher. You can't satisfy everyone. If we were to try to satisfy everyone we wouldn't succeed. If you haven't heard it before but, "If you try to satisfy everyone, you will satisfy no one."