buttplug

• Community Member
  • Rebel Captain

• Personal Text
    Omar
    • View Profile
wat
« on: April 06, 2013, 01:51:23 am »
so is this place dying? I saw a thread about only 3 or 4 players being on at a time now and I haven't seen a dev post for days. I really hope not I already had to move from 06scape to PRS06 to here. I can't handle finding another 06 remake guys

THIS THREAD WAS MADE HALF A DECADE AGO IF YOU ARE STILL POSTING HERE YOU NEED MY DONG IN YOUR EYES
« Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 02:08:45 pm by buttplug »

N0vapur3

• Rebel Captain

• View Profile
Re: wat
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2013, 02:02:05 am »
so is this place dying? I saw a thread about only 3 or 4 players being on at a time now and I haven't seen a dev post for days. I really hope not I already had to move from 06scape to PRS06 to here. I can't handle finding another 06 remake guys

Unfortunately yes. James is the only active dev. I asked him if he knew where Kevin was and he said he has no idea. Ryan doesn't give a shit too. The player count is constantly at 20 or less now. When I joined in early March or late Feb, the player count was at mid 80s then dropped every week. I don't play another other server so I hope this one doesn't die. I've been working hard to get 84 crafting but at this rate, I won't feel very accomplished with these amount of players. I was barely on the past 2 days and I didn't drop any on the highscores either...

Lastly, I learned that James pays for the server and forums out of pocket to keep it running so it's not looking good. James4dev tho
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 02:31:29 am by N0va »

buttplug

• Community Member
  • Rebel Captain

• Personal Text
    Omar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2013, 02:18:56 am »

Unfortunately yes. James is the only active dev. I asked him if he knew where Kevin said and he said he has no idea. Ryan doesn't give a shit too. The player count is constantly at 20 or less now. When I joined in early March or late Feb, the player count was at mid 80s then dropped every week. I don't play another other server so I hope this one doesn't die. I've been working hard to get 84 crafting but at this rate, I won't feel very accomplished with these amount of players. I was barely on the past 2 days and I didn't drop any on the highscores either...

Lastly, I learned that James pays for the server and forums out of pocket to keep it running so it's not looking good. James4dev tho

Its really sad. When I first got here the place seemed great. Now I havent seen shit

Jake

• Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2013, 02:43:39 am »
Give it time, Ryan isn't the type of person to leave us hanging for long. He'll be back.

Same for Kevin.

N0vapur3

• Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2013, 02:58:56 am »
Give it time, Ryan isn't the type of person to leave us hanging for long. He'll be back.

Same for Kevin.

He (Ryan) said he was back 2-3 weeks ago.

And this
http://www.runerebels.com/smf/index.php?topic=4399.0

Dug

• Player Moderator
  • Rebel Leader

• AGF

• Personal Text
    Teach me how to dougie.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2013, 05:36:49 am »
You don't know what's happening in his personal life. Maybe another unfortunate event has occurred, or even he has to push through his final exams.
Kevin also transferred to a different job, so perhaps his playing hours might be limited...
Hi I'm Dug. (wave).

Jake

• Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2013, 06:04:01 am »
Think before you criticise please.

realitycheck

• Rebel Commander

• Personal Text
    Don't mistake lack of talent for genius - P.Steele
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2013, 12:13:36 pm »
Not a whole lot of chest-beating from this server anymore huh?  Anyone wish for the "problems" back from that other server with 1000-1500 players?  I simply treat this like a single player server because that's basically what it is considering I've been logging on and seeing 7-14 players.

That said though, I still enjoy this era of RS and will play until the site doesn't work.  I'm not sure there are any other PS's out there worth joining anyway.

N0vapur3

• Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2013, 02:28:49 pm »
You don't know what's happening in his personal life. Maybe another unfortunate event has occurred, or even he has to push through his final exams.
Kevin also transferred to a different job, so perhaps his playing hours might be limited...

Here it goes with the college excuse once again. There is a good chance he is taking basic classes or isn't even a junior/senior. To be inactive for THREE WEEKS after saying he was BACK and have FREE TIME, exams don't last 3 weeks. Also, I highly doubt anything "tragic" happened to him after his trip to the hospital. James even said that he spoke with Ryan not too long ago who is unhappy about the Easter event and how it was executed.

Dug

• Player Moderator
  • Rebel Leader

• AGF

• Personal Text
    Teach me how to dougie.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2013, 02:43:57 pm »
Here it goes with the college excuse once again. There is a good chance he is taking basic classes or isn't even a junior/senior. To be inactive for THREE WEEKS after saying he was BACK and have FREE TIME, exams don't last 3 weeks. Also, I highly doubt anything "tragic" happened to him after his trip to the hospital. James even said that he spoke with Ryan not too long ago who is unhappy about the Easter event and how it was executed.
Alright, firstly let me just say I don't mean any disrespect towards you, your theories or your opinion.
I was actually talking at first about a family crisis, people don't usually open up instantly. Exams can actually last 3 weeks, my IGCSE exams lasted for about a month but for universities they are spread out all throughout the entire semester. I know that you are all unhappy at the player base and fearful of what might happen in the future and I'm pretty sure that everyone feels the same.
Hi I'm Dug. (wave).

N0vapur3

• Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2013, 03:07:37 pm »
Alright, firstly let me just say I don't mean any disrespect towards you, your theories or your opinion.
I was actually talking at first about a family crisis, people don't usually open up instantly. Exams can actually last 3 weeks, my IGCSE exams lasted for about a month but for universities they are spread out all throughout the entire semester. I know that you are all unhappy at the player base and fearful of what might happen in the future and I'm pretty sure that everyone feels the same.

Yes, and that is why I said I doubt anything "tragic" happened to him after his visit to the hospital. For James to pay out of pocket for the server, that gives me a good idea of what may really be happening. As for exams, I meant finals but if you want to talk about normal exams, you are bound to have free time. Even through my toughest classes, I still had free time. I've seen this happen to every server that I stick to (I've only stuck to 3 servers, one being this) and never has it failed me that the server shuts down but I try to keep that from happening even with my limitations.

Francis

• Veteran
  • Rebel Commander

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2013, 04:16:22 pm »
Ryan is very ill/sick right now, he had a week of march break, but that week of break he had, he spent it inside of the ER. His infection got better but it started to return and he's incredibly sick, Ryan is very sick right now and at the same time he has to deal with school work and assignments while he sick. As you can assume, his health and schoolwork comes before rune rebels. It's just reality, nothing more. I've played Ryan is servers for 7+ years and I know he's a hard worker, if he has the time, he will code like crazy, if not, you'll have to wait for things to return back to normal. You can't tell Ryan that he doesn't give a shit when he doesn't have to be doing anything if he doesn't want. Nobody should be jumping to conclusions and just wait. After all, this IS ALPHA.
Made in Photoshop by me.

James

• Developer
  • Rebel Captain

• Sean is my son

• Personal Text
    The RR Grandpa
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2013, 09:22:16 pm »

Ryan wasn't unhappy with the easter event, o.O
Hi, I'm James. I'm old as hell.

I need to Java again, lol

N0vapur3

• Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2013, 09:25:30 pm »

I thought you said he didn't like how you made bunny ears tradeable and all that?

James

• Developer
  • Rebel Captain

• Sean is my son

• Personal Text
    The RR Grandpa
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2013, 09:30:30 pm »

I thought you said he didn't like how you made bunny ears tradeable and all that?

Nope! He thought it was a fantastic idea :-)
Hi, I'm James. I'm old as hell.

I need to Java again, lol