Author Topic: ProjectRS06 Merging with RuneRebels?  (Read 20283 times)

Kendall

• Rebel Captain

• Personal Text
    u dont even drink blue dew
    • View Profile
Re: ProjectRS06 Merging with RuneRebels?
« Reply #45 on: March 05, 2013, 07:41:06 pm »
So let me get this straight:
RuneFort's/ProjectRS06's accounts will be put into RuneRebels. All of our levels will be kept. The only thing we will get out of this is players and what else?

Runefort isn't a server, so it's just prs06's accounts. And ours will be fine. All they will get is their stats basically. They will enter the game as if it was projectrs06 but their accounts will have no items.
I just don't want our high scores to be merged. Because people hack and unfair stats. Will it be that their accounts will only be merged when they log into the server?

Kevin

• Veteran
  • Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 05, 2013, 08:14:11 pm »
The accounts will not be automatically on the highscores. They will be added once they attach their account to their forum account and login. After that first login then their account will be placed on the highscores.

Kendall

• Rebel Captain

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 05, 2013, 08:18:09 pm »
Then merge these two sons of bitches!

rtsy5

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 05, 2013, 10:08:16 pm »
I don't know why this "pompano" guy is so bitchy, but please don't let that deter you from merging, Si seems way more chill. I, for one, spent countless hours leveling my character and would love to resume that here.

Also, to the people warning against the overwhelming growth in player base that this would cause- I doubt it would be the same amount of players that rs06 had in its final days, let alone its peak. A large chunk of the playerbase left before the project even died- and those who stayed this long to find out what has happened number even less.. Plus, from what Ive seen you guys seem to have a lot better leadership and communication than the, albeit hardworking, but sporadic chaos that was ko9.

xXxXx

• Donator
  • Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 06, 2013, 08:54:24 am »
when will this happen?

Envy

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 06, 2013, 09:30:27 am »
I don't think the population would grow out of control of this server even with that merge. After Project died most of them probably went to that RS07 thing or they quit RS remakes in general.

HappyguyForum

• Rebel General

• Personal Text
    Don't ever play leapfrog with a Unicorn...
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 06, 2013, 09:59:00 am »
when will this happen?
It's not happening.. the whole post is about it NOT happening....
Selling sets of armor bronze-mith. message me in game for the prices if interested :P -happyguy3216

realitycheck

• Rebel Commander

• Personal Text
    Don't mistake lack of talent for genius - P.Steele
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 06, 2013, 12:08:18 pm »
when will this happen?

The original post talks about how it looks unlikely to happen, but every post by Kevin afterwards makes it seem like they are still trying (through Si Force) to retrieve the player data and integrate it with RR.  It looks like it WILL happen as long as someone at PRS06 can get a hold of the files and send them over.

White Yeti

• Rebel Soldier

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 06, 2013, 12:59:31 pm »
Does this mean were having an economy reset? I'm confused because this is my first time reading up on it.

Also, I played PR06 with the same name. If you copied my account, I would loose all that I've worked for on here.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 01:04:40 pm by White Yeti »

Si Force

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 06, 2013, 02:32:40 pm »
Just to all of those in doubt, I'd like to mention that RuneRebels is more than ready to handle the players that cross over from Project RS06. The staff team (from what I can tell) is very efficient and stability should not be an issue.

I have tried to get the character files over the past few days, however I have not received a response as of yet unfortunately. Hopefully we can get this solved soon. :)

JT

• Rebel Commander

• Personal Text
    Always watching
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 06, 2013, 02:54:49 pm »
when will this happen?

It may or may not happen as

Just to all of those in doubt, I'd like to mention that RuneRebels is more than ready to handle the players that cross over from Project RS06. The staff team (from what I can tell) is very efficient and stability should not be an issue.

I have tried to get the character files over the past few days, however I have not received a response as of yet unfortunately. Hopefully we can get this solved soon. :)

Said. Chances are looking grim right now though.

Join world 2 today!

Frell

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 06, 2013, 03:08:28 pm »
I think its funny my name is thrown around so much

They act like I care when it was pretty simple to begin with, everyone involved with PRS06 had something to gain $$$$-wise. I don't like when people profit directly from others property, simple as that. Paying for the VPS is one thing but KO9 had already mentioned he wouldn't have taken over if there was no monetary reward. Along with that Kevin told me Pompano is trying to get $700 from KO9 since the project was shut down.

Most of the "reasons" I did it were thought up on the spot (lucky me they made sense and fit in well to the situation at hand). I had to fight with them otherwise on the surface it looked like I was attacking another Mopar moderator for no reason.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 03:16:05 pm by Frell »

White Yeti

• Rebel Soldier

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 06, 2013, 04:25:45 pm »
Will I loose all my stats if the character files were to be transferred?

Kendall

• Rebel Captain

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 06, 2013, 04:54:01 pm »
Will I loose all my stats if the character files were to be transferred?
No

Fecesman

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 06, 2013, 06:53:07 pm »
Don't merge anything, just get all the players to come to this server, sure they'll have to start over but that would be the best for everyone.