Author Topic: ProjectRS06 Merging with RuneRebels?  (Read 20201 times)

Kevin

• Veteran
  • Rebel Captain

• View Profile
Re: ProjectRS06 Merging with RuneRebels?
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2013, 05:50:49 pm »
Explain to me why you guys think this is a bad idea?
The only thing their players will have are stats. We aren't going to be careless about this. We still need to discuss if we limit exactly what they bring over stat wise.
None of their staff are going to be coming here. The only thing they are giving us, is the profiles. So we can integrate them so the players don't need to start all over again. We are trying to grow our community, and help theirs out at the same time. There are literally thousands of people who worked on their server who have lost everything. We are trying to help them.

People are quick to say no, explain to me your reasoning. I take everything into consideration, I enjoy getting your opinion of things.

toxic

• Donator
  • Rebel Leader

• Personal Text
    Skilling <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2013, 05:56:41 pm »
Wow didnt expect this
I tought you Guys Cared About us.
They do care they just think that this will be better for the community but it really wont.

I am a little dissapointed in the rebels staff
In my point of view ive helped them out with some things
Ive never had a thank you for what ive done for the safety of the runerebels community
And now this ? I hope this "merge" wont succeed and indeed They are wrong
By thinking this Will help out the community
Glad whe share the Same toughts

Greetings

"waaah wahhh you arent conforming to muh needs as a woman waaah"

This might be just the reason that you
Are watched and if u cant reply like a normal person
Then dont thanks

toxic

• Donator
  • Rebel Leader

• Personal Text
    Skilling <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2013, 05:59:32 pm »
The only thing their players will have are stats. We aren't going to be careless about this. We still need to discuss if we limit exactly what they bring over stat wise.
None of their staff are going to be coming here. The only thing they are giving us, is the profiles. So we can integrate them so the players don't need to start all over again. We are trying to grow our community, and help theirs out at the same time. There are literally thousands of people who worked on their server who have lost everything. We are trying to help them.

People are quick to say no, explain to me your reasoning. I take everything into consideration, I enjoy getting your opinion of things.
whe All had to start as a level 3 why shouldnt They do
It aswell ? But as u have readed in my other Posts
There are other things that doesnt make as active as before

Kevin

• Veteran
  • Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2013, 06:19:44 pm »

whe All had to start as a level 3 why shouldnt They do
It aswell ? But as u have readed in my other Posts
There are other things that doesnt make as active as before

They had a 1.5x xp rate, we are 2x xp

Envy

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2013, 06:48:36 pm »
The only issue I honestly see coming up with this is how we handle the username situation. My username is Envy both here and on PR06, my friend's name on PR06 is Dragonite and somebody else has it here, etc...

How will we handle that situation?

Kendall

• Rebel Captain

• Personal Text
    u dont even drink blue dew
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2013, 07:03:32 pm »

Why would this be a good idea? Whats the point? Why do we have to be them and not be our own community?

Kevin

• Veteran
  • Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2013, 07:03:57 pm »
The only issue I honestly see coming up with this is how we handle the username situation. My username is Envy both here and on PR06, my friend's name on PR06 is Dragonite and somebody else has it here, etc...

They would create a forum account, and then attach their prs06 account to the forum account. Then when the log on they would have thier stats from prs06.

Kendall

• Rebel Captain

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2013, 07:05:34 pm »

They would create a forum account, and then attach their prs06 account to the forum account. Then when the log on they would have thier stats from prs06.
So if we do go about doing this, will I just log in one day to have all my stats and items swiped and just have like 20 woodcutting and fletching? Because that's all I had on prs06.

realitycheck

• Rebel Commander

• Personal Text
    Don't mistake lack of talent for genius - P.Steele
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 05, 2013, 07:13:56 pm »
Are you really ready for the amount of potential players that would come here?  As a staff?  As a playerbase?  I'm not sure that can be answered until it's too late, but you can try.

Kevin

• Veteran
  • Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 05, 2013, 07:17:35 pm »
We have enough money right now to purchase 1-2 more worlds, and we can upgrate the vps the site is running on.

Envy

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2013, 07:19:16 pm »

So if we do go about doing this, will I just log in one day to have all my stats and items swiped and just have like 20 woodcutting and fletching? Because that's all I had on prs06.

No. All of our accounts stay as they are currently. To sync stats from PR06 you have to create a new account and enter your information from PR06, and I'm assuming you go by the username of the new account you created.

Kevin

• Veteran
  • Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 05, 2013, 07:20:26 pm »
Our accounts are not going to be touched at all, you will all play the game normally, they will need to attach their accounts and then they will be fine.

realitycheck

• Rebel Commander

• Personal Text
    Don't mistake lack of talent for genius - P.Steele
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 05, 2013, 07:24:39 pm »
We have enough money right now to purchase 1-2 more worlds, and we can upgrate the vps the site is running on.

Not sure if these are answers to my questions, but I wasn't actually talking space in the worlds.  I am more alluding to the proverbial target on your back once you have a rapidly growing playerbase.  There are still kids out there that continue receiving no attention from mommy and daddy and are constantly looking for their next victim to brag to their hacker friends about.

Also, with increased players means the potential for increased trash coming here, it's inevitable.  Modding a player base of 30-100 can be simple - now take that and multiply it by 10, or 20, or more.  Players can become increasingly agitated at all the help needed - and we see what can happen.  I don't really know any of the mods here, they may be able to handle it just fine.

Off topic:
Slayer skill ETA?

Kendall

• Rebel Captain

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 05, 2013, 07:29:45 pm »
So let me get this straight:
RuneFort's/ProjectRS06's accounts will be put into RuneRebels. All of our levels will be kept. The only thing we will get out of this is players and what else?

Kevin

• Veteran
  • Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 05, 2013, 07:33:22 pm »
So let me get this straight:
RuneFort's/ProjectRS06's accounts will be put into RuneRebels. All of our levels will be kept. The only thing we will get out of this is players and what else?

Runefort isn't a server, so it's just prs06's accounts. And ours will be fine. All they will get is their stats basically. They will enter the game as if it was projectrs06 but their accounts will have no items.