Author Topic: ``'-.,_,.-'``'-.,_,.~ Global Tasking ~'``'-.,_,.-'``'-._,.-'``  (Read 5062 times)

liked

• Bug Reporter
  • Rebel Leader

• View Profile
``'-.,_,.-'``'-.,_,.~ Global Tasking ~'``'-.,_,.-'``'-._,.-'``
« on: September 16, 2018, 02:46:50 pm »
Hey guys  :) In my last post, I mentioned Global Tasking. I'm going to expand on that idea in this one, so I hope to recieve good feedback, task ideas, but most of all, I hope you all enjoy it :)

Goal:
 - The goal of Global Tasking is to introduce more incentives to perform certain content, and tie everything together into a nice little knot of fun. The limitations are we cannot deviate away from a pure remake, and so we need to come up with a way of doing that.

Global Tasking will work by showing on the RuneRebels official website, the current "Global Task". For example, it can be "Pick 5,000 flax" - where every flax picked decreases the counter by 1. These Global Tasks are ideas contributed by the community, and some examples are shown below.

Rewards
 • Highest contributor recieves a 250 Loyalty Token bonus
 • Every contributor thereafter receives Loyalty Tokens as per the following equation:
        `token_reward = 5*contribution_percent*square_root_of_players_contributing`
         *(This equation will ensure an even distribution of Loyalty Tokens, in addition to a modest group bonus)*
 • Global Tasking contributions can be noted on the User's account on the forums

Task Selection
 • Each upcoming Global Task will have a poll on the home page with a "Loyalty Token vote" counter for 3 random Global Task options. They will each start at 1,000 Loyalty Tokens, and users can spend Loyalty Tokens on the different options to increase their chance of becoming the Global Task.  The Global Task chosen will be a random weighted average based on the Loyalty Token count.

Anti-Stall Reduction
 • Every Thursday, the Global Task will halve in requirement, meaning new participation in the Global Task will earn double the previous weeks contribution.

Walkthrough Example

A task is completed on Friday afternoon, and the next task is being generated. As per the home page and the votes from players, the distribution for the next task is as follows:
- Kill 750 Dragons [1,250 Loyalty Tokens] (~25.2%)
- Mine 3,000 Coal [1,000 Loyalty Tokens] (~20.2%)
- Pick 4,750 Flax [2,700 Loyalty Tokens] (~54.5%)
A weighted random selection is chosen, and the next task is to kill 750 Dragons.

Thursday rolls around, and the Global Task remains incomplete with only 200 Dragons slain by Prayer (26.7%). The Global Task is halved, but Prayer keeps his 26.7% contribution. With the new task set to 275 Dragons as the new requirement, someone slaying 100 Dragons would achieve the same 26.7% contribution.

By Sunday evening, the task is complete with the following breakdown:
```
Prayer: 200/750 + 130/275  = 26.7% + 47.3% = 74 Contribution %
Onur: 100/275 = 36 Contribution %
Liked: 45/275 = 16 Contribution %
```
And so the Loyalty Token rewards are:
```
Prayer: 5*74*sqrt(3) + 250 = 890 Loyalty Tokens
Onur: 5*36*sqrt(3) = 311 Loyalty Tokens
Liked: 5*16*sqrt(3) = 139 Loyalty Tokens
```

Example Global Tasks
If you have any additional suggestions for these, post in the thread on the RuneRebels forums. A (weighted) tag means higher tier (i.e. logs) are worth slightly more points. Note, ideal suggestions should benefit the economy, playerbase and be non-group determental activities.

• Slay 250 - 750 Dragons
 • Complete 50 Clue Scroll Points (will be expanded on later)
 • Fletch 5,000 - 10,000 items
 • Mine 3,000 - 6,000 Essence
 • Mine 1,000 - 3,000 Coal
 • Chop 1,000 - 3,000 Logs (weighted)
 • Kill 5 Penance Queens
 • Cook 1,000 - 2,000 Fish
 • Complete 100 - 150 Quests/Level-ups
 • Code 3 - 10 Plugins

(Weighted examples:)
- Magic logs are worth 4x regular logs
- Hard Clue Scrolls are worth 5x easy clue scrolls
(etc)
« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 02:51:13 pm by liked »

Onur

• Owner & Operator
  • Rebel General

• View Profile
Re: ``'-.,_,.-'``'-.,_,.~ Global Tasking ~'``'-.,_,.-'``'-._,.-'``
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2018, 05:03:52 pm »
Sounds great! Maybe it's an idea to have highscores aswell for loyalty points!

it isnt omar til omar says its omar

Dev Seth

• Developer (ingame)
  • Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2018, 05:24:53 pm »
Sounds great! Maybe it's an idea to have highscores aswell for loyalty points!

Perhaps unique forum titles for rewards?

Dev Seth

• Developer (ingame)
  • Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2018, 05:34:40 pm »
Also, documented this post into the to-do list.

Reference: blitz/website#17

Fantastic idea!