Author Topic: You all knew this was coming...  (Read 37463 times)

edub

• Veteran
  • Rebel General

• "Heroes will always be remembered, but legends never die."

• Personal Text
    #1 in Mining (99) & Smithing (99)
    • View Profile
Re: You all knew this was coming...
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2014, 05:07:55 pm »

Bb it is 2006, void isnt 2006 :p

Void is from June 6, 2006.

Isn't the 377 cache cutoff date May 15th, 2006?
« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 05:11:51 pm by edub »

Prayer

• Player Moderator
  • Rebel General

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2014, 05:33:43 pm »

Well, yes that's why it's not going to be released here, but I was just pointing out it was from 2006 though

edub

• Veteran
  • Rebel General

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2014, 06:39:21 pm »

Well, yes that's why it's not going to be released here, but I was just pointing out it was from 2006 though

Ah alright, now we all should be on the same page.

Kevin

• Veteran
  • Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2014, 07:58:10 pm »
There was void in 2006, there wasn't helmets in 2006. That's was 2007.

How about this. We remove the quest requirements but players can do the quests if they want to. I am not opposed to adding skillcapes. I would like to add a higher revision (435) so we can have skillcapes and such. But it players were to do all available quests they could buy a quest cape.

I believe just making no quests would make the game so much more fun. Dragon weapons could be introduced along with more areas and shops.

edub

• Veteran
  • Rebel General

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2014, 08:08:36 pm »

How about this. We remove the quest requirements but players can do the quests if they want to. I am not opposed to adding skillcapes. I would like to add a higher revision (435) so we can have skillcapes and such. But it players were to do all available quests they could buy a quest cape.

I believe just making no quests would make the game so much more fun. Dragon weapons could be introduced along with more areas and shops.

Would this be a temporary thing until the quests for certain areas and weapons are completely finished?

Onur

• Owner & Operator
  • Rebel General

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2014, 08:09:57 pm »

Please poll this, im in

it isnt omar til omar says its omar

Kevin

• Veteran
  • Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2014, 08:13:25 pm »
Be permanent players can choose to do quests.

In the end of the day I feel like majority don't actually want to start over on some private server. If we make things easier I feel our player base will grow. And existing players can then enjoy themselves with the new content. 

Getting every quest added will take a long time. It isn't easy by any means. We won't stop but we can't keep up with it. Ryan, James, and myself all have jobs and personal lives. At a certain point we can't please everyone. I feel doing so will make the game a lot more fun.

edub

• Veteran
  • Rebel General

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2014, 08:22:09 pm »
Be permanent players can choose to do quests.

In the end of the day I feel like majority don't actually want to start over on some private server. If we make things easier I feel our player base will grow. And existing players can then enjoy themselves with the new content. 

Getting every quest added will take a long time. It isn't easy by any means. We won't stop but we can't keep up with it. Ryan, James, and myself all have jobs and personal lives. At a certain point we can't please everyone. I feel doing so will make the game a lot more fun.

What about things like Law and Death talismans? Will we have access to them as well?

Kevin

• Veteran
  • Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 22, 2014, 08:38:33 pm »
Yes. Players will have access to everything. It would be as if they had completed the quest already.

But you can go back and redo the quest if you wanted to.

Prayer

• Player Moderator
  • Rebel General

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 22, 2014, 08:47:46 pm »
Yes. Players will have access to everything. It would be as if they had completed the quest already.

I don't like that

Kevin

• Veteran
  • Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 22, 2014, 09:44:41 pm »

I don't like that
Explain why, I want to know.

I want to hear why you guys do or don't like this.

Prayer

• Player Moderator
  • Rebel General

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 22, 2014, 09:56:55 pm »

I don't like that

I like the fact that you have to do quests in order to do different things, like enter Canifis and do everything there like barrows & slayer tower, like entering Zanaris and buying dragon weapons.
The fact that quest's have requirements make it more challenging for players, and that's what is fun about it. If there were no quests requirement for wearing items & doing different things it wouldn't be that fun or challenging. That would be a level-3 could just get a legends cape from buying it like if he'd already done the quest, lots of items will lose their value. Also alts could just runecrafting deaths-bloods and such when they would never have done the master-level questMourning's Ends Part II, or any other...

It would be better released the quests a little half-assed, like with the basic parts or whatever possible parts, rather than having no quests at all or no quest requirements for things. Then maybe reset the quest when it's fully finished ( if ever ) so we can have the full quest experience. This is supposed to be a remake, well close to one, and if it's not going to be a remake, why not just play Worldscape?  I just don't think Kevin's idea would be overall great to some parts.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 10:52:58 pm by Prayer »

Slangin

• Supporter
  • Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 22, 2014, 11:32:48 pm »

I don't like that

I like the fact that you have to do quests in order to do different things, like enter Canifis and do everything there like barrows & slayer tower, like entering Zanaris and buying dragon weapons.
The fact that quest's have requirements make it more challenging for players, and that's what is fun about it. If there were no quests requirement for wearing items & doing different things it wouldn't be that fun or challenging. That would be a level-3 could just get a legends cape from buying it like if he'd already done the quest, lots of items will lose their value. Also alts could just runecrafting deaths-bloods and such when they would never have done the master-level questMourning's Ends Part II, or any other...

It would be better released the quests a little half-assed, like with the basic parts or whatever possible parts, rather than having no quests at all or no quest requirements for things. Then maybe reset the quest when it's fully finished ( if ever ) so we can have the full quest experience. This is supposed to be a remake, well close to one, and if it's not going to be a remake, why not just play Worldscape?  I just don't think Kevin's idea would be overall great to some parts.

Personally, as much as I'd like seeing and enjoying all the perks of new areas & content, I would not like to see quest content being added without the quests and quest requirements themselves. The RuneRebels that I joined and played had a vision of being a remake, as far-fetched that dream may be, the determination slowly, but steadily, moved forward. I think we've all come to understand that we may never be a complete 100% remade version of 2006 Runescape, but every other remake that I've seen / played has some sort of defective quality in an attempt to cut corners to provide more content to players. This defect changes the entire feel of the game. The content you have provided us in RuneRebels has been the cleanest and most nostalgic Runescape emulating feel in a RSPS that I have ever seen. This change to the quests could be what defines RuneRebels as a private server, and not a Remake. For how far the development goes, I'd rather see RR be primitive but perfect, rather than trying to provide as much as possible.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 11:38:51 pm by Slangin »

Cucking Funt

• Donator
  • Rebel Commander

• Personal Text
    Y0L0SWAG420BLEACHIT.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 23, 2014, 12:44:27 am »
I feel that sometimes all I want is content but this takes the rustic feel away from rr if you just release everything. some things need to be worked for.

Brothership

• Quest Developer
  • Rebel Captain

• Onurs bitch.

• Personal Text
    Hey, you're pretty fly for a white guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 23, 2014, 02:38:25 am »
Arr release canifis and zanaris i say, and then work on those quests mateys!
The original G. Literally.