Author Topic: The 2014 Easter Event  (Read 10676 times)

buttplug

• Community Member
  • Rebel Captain

• Personal Text
    Omar
    • View Profile
Re: The 2014 Easter Event
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2014, 06:50:13 pm »
Just do it like on rs07, randomly spawn easter eggs near you. Just with luck and a fun extra for skilling or pvm. Or for this event let the easter bunny give every1 on 1 ip-adress get an egg and if ppl want more go to the spawns?

They were meant to be rare, that is why they only spawn every 90 minutes.

Unfortunately, if the eggs are removed, there will be no Easter event as that is the only thing I can do.

I don't have the accesses require to make npcs give items/dialogue. It was either that or Npc kills again, but skillers complained last time. This way is fair, because everyone has the same chance of getting one, and the individuals using auto clickers will have them removed

but do you at least have a pair of socks I can borrow?

Austin

• Community Manager
  • Rebel Captain

• Has a nice view of your bedroom

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2014, 07:07:55 pm »
Honestly guys, we had a whole easter event planned but it seems nobody has time to do it anymore which sucks. If ryan implements adding dialogues to the DB I would gladly get on that and make a mini event for you guys every holiday!

(by mini i just mean whatever is in my power)

ZzReVeNg3zZ

• Donator
  • Rebel Commander

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2014, 07:37:22 pm »
I don't understand why everyone is bitching and complaining? Are you that seriously pissed off that you couldn't manage to obtain a couple of pixels?

I managed to get one egg, Easter weekend is the last time I will be able to log in for a while, now if you choose to remove the eggs then so be it, it wasn't the way of OBTAINING the eggs that went wrong..

It was the GREED of all of us wanting as many eggs as we could get, and not sharing, which was inevitably going to happen. We're all to blame!

But remember this; the Easter event this year essentially was a competition, if you did get an egg than well done, if not then better luck next time, just don't cry about it.

Edit: May I add that it's probably wise to be thankful for the fact that we even get holiday events, i'm not being funny but sometimes I wonder how people can be so selfish to not see how hard the development team are working on this server on such a small budget, if you don't like what's happening here, pack up and leave it'd be much appreciated.

Sorry about my little rant within a rant, I just got pretty stirred up.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 07:42:39 pm by ZzReVeNg3zZ »

MisterkNiss

• Rebel Soldier

• Personal Text
    Is mayonaise an instrument?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2014, 09:20:03 pm »
I don't understand why everyone is bitching and complaining? Are you that seriously pissed off that you couldn't manage to obtain a couple of pixels?

I managed to get one egg, Easter weekend is the last time I will be able to log in for a while, now if you choose to remove the eggs then so be it, it wasn't the way of OBTAINING the eggs that went wrong..

It was the GREED of all of us wanting as many eggs as we could get, and not sharing, which was inevitably going to happen. We're all to blame!

But remember this; the Easter event this year essentially was a competition, if you did get an egg than well done, if not then better luck next time, just don't cry about it.

Edit: May I add that it's probably wise to be thankful for the fact that we even get holiday events, i'm not being funny but sometimes I wonder how people can be so selfish to not see how hard the development team are working on this server on such a small budget, if you don't like what's happening here, pack up and leave it'd be much appreciated.

I was just saying they should be sure to do it differently next time to make it more enjoyable for every player. Whether or not the devs remove the eggs is up to them.

James

• Developer
  • Rebel Captain

• Sean is my son

• Personal Text
    The RR Grandpa
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2014, 09:58:50 pm »

I was just saying they should be sure to do it differently next time to make it more enjoyable for every player. Whether or not the devs remove the eggs is up to them.

This was the fairest way to do it. If we gave them out during events, people would bitch that we were picking favorites. If we did Npc kills again, skillers would complain. This way made it an even playing field.
Hi, I'm James. I'm old as hell.

I need to Java again, lol

Wirt

• Player Moderator
  • Rebel Commander

• Personal Text
    -psst- over here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2014, 10:56:13 am »
Well I think the only easter item there is left would be easter rings, so that wouldn't be a problem. They're untradeable and in no way directed towards the economy so like yeah, but for the phats, hmasks and other tradeable rares, we should do what you said

+1 I agree.
imo, delete all eggs, and let the easter bunny give away egg baskets (wieldable) ones for everyone that speaks with him :3

I agree
chicken suits?

Kendall

• Rebel Captain

• Personal Text
    u dont even drink blue dew
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2014, 12:55:10 pm »
I don't really care about this event. In my honest opinion I don't see why everyone is obsessing over this. The eggs will never be in the economy because they literally do nothing. The only thing they are used for is to heal like 10 hp.

ZzReVeNg3zZ

• Donator
  • Rebel Commander

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2014, 04:32:10 pm »
I don't really care about this event. In my honest opinion I don't see why everyone is obsessing over this.

Glad to see I'm not the only one here with these feelings.

Prayer

• Player Moderator
  • Rebel General

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2014, 04:35:06 pm »
I don't really care about this event. In my honest opinion I don't see why everyone is obsessing over this.

you guys are obsessing over the fact that you're not obsessed with the event
only kidding

ZzReVeNg3zZ

• Donator
  • Rebel Commander

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2014, 04:43:29 pm »

you guys are obsessing over the fact that you're not obsessed with the event
only kidding

At least we're not raging and getting butthurt because we didn't get as many eggs as other people like some people on the forums are, I'd of thought that's a good thing. xD

Austin

• Community Manager
  • Rebel Captain

• Has a nice view of your bedroom

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2014, 11:32:30 pm »
I say we go to James's house and riot to show his true monkey form, put a diaper on him, and then adopt him as a baby!

Brothership

• Quest Developer
  • Rebel Captain

• Onurs bitch.

• Personal Text
    Hey, you're pretty fly for a white guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2014, 04:35:16 am »
I say we go to James's house and riot to show his true monkey form, put a diaper on him, and then adopt him as a baby!
Can we use him as a pokemon aftrwards? Pleeeaaaaaseee
The original G. Literally.

N0vapur3

• Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2014, 02:35:57 pm »

Off topic but must be said. I had the best dream ever the other day. I was dreaming I was back in high school and my teacher picked 2 leaders to choose their teams for a trivia game. Each person had their own pokemon and for every question you get right, you get the chance to attack the other persons pokemon/switch out. Every 5th question correct in a row, you get a full restore, and 10th you get a revive. Was most legit dream ever ok.

Zydrate

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2014, 03:03:46 pm »
wat
I love black people.

Onur

• Owner & Operator
  • Rebel General

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2014, 03:25:09 pm »

Off topic but must be said. I had the best dream ever the other day. I was dreaming I was back in high school and my teacher picked 2 leaders to choose their teams for a trivia game. Each person had their own pokemon and for every question you get right, you get the chance to attack the other persons pokemon/switch out. Every 5th question correct in a row, you get a full restore, and 10th you get a revive. Was most legit dream ever ok.
Enough pokemon snakewood for you!

it isnt omar til omar says its omar