Author Topic: Forum profile pictures  (Read 7637 times)

Austin

• Community Manager
  • Rebel Captain

• Has a nice view of your bedroom

• View Profile
Forum profile pictures
« on: January 05, 2014, 03:58:02 pm »
We have retracted from the idea of donators only getting forum pictures, so all of you that have no profile picture you can now have one again :)

-On another note, if any of you have ideas towards donator benefits, I don't think it would hurt to tell us since we really do need some. James explains why in another post of his but everyone if you have an idea towards a benefit that does not affect game play, be our guests to express yourself here.

Heoros1

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
Re: Forum profile pictures
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2014, 04:13:41 pm »
Maybe ::bank?  :D

Kevin

• Veteran
  • Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2014, 04:17:04 pm »

You can ::bank on WorldScape all day  :o

Gold

• Rebel Leader

• Personal Text
    Send me a pm in-game if you have any questions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2014, 04:17:11 pm »
1) Why not allow some special donator only section on forums where admins can post future updates before they release them to the rest of community.
2) Or how about everyone is available an avatar of their choice, but only donators get to have their avatar coloured, and non-donators would have theirs grayed out.
3) Maybe no signatures allowed for non-donators?
4) How about only donators get "forever" log in option, so if you are non-donator you have to log in every time you visit
5) Lastly, make donators be able to use coloured text, change font, size etc... also pictures and videos in their posts, while non-donators are only restricted to normal font etc...
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 04:19:17 pm by Gold »

*Credit goes to SRBuckey5266

Prayer

• Player Moderator
  • Rebel General

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2014, 04:18:45 pm »

yeah ummmm that's not gonna happen lol

Stuart

• Developer
  • Rebel General

• #1 Coolest Person HURR

• Personal Text
    Thanks Omar. Its your fault.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2014, 04:26:37 pm »
I actually liked the idea of donators+ getting avatar pictures. How in any way does it give anyone an advantage? First of all, its not ingame. No ingame or out of game advantages are included. Anything you make donator only will always frustrate non donators because they can't do it. I think you should make it donator only again.

Trent

• Donator
  • Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2014, 06:39:57 pm »
::yell :D

N0vapur3

• Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2014, 06:46:10 pm »
Increased sig and avatar sizes since my post was deleted from the other donator thread :l.

The current signature size rule is 750x150. The 150 is too small in my opinion, perhaps increase it to 250 or 300 for donators. As for avatars, maybe allow avatars that are 1/2 bigger for donators.

I actually liked the idea of donators+ getting avatar pictures. How in any way does it give anyone an advantage? First of all, its not ingame. No ingame or out of game advantages are included. Anything you make donator only will always frustrate non donators because they can't do it. I think you should make it donator only again.

It might not be an advantage but it's something that is generally free on just about EVERY forum of all kinds. Avatars are a persons identity.

----

Maybe for some other donator stuff. An extended ::players command where it shows every player online after 30 players. Free use of Make over mage, haircuts, changing clothes?
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 06:50:13 pm by N0va »

Stuart

• Developer
  • Rebel General

• #1 Coolest Person HURR

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2014, 07:14:25 pm »
Increased sig and avatar sizes since my post was deleted from the other donator thread :l.

The current signature size rule is 750x150. The 150 is too small in my opinion, perhaps increase it to 250 or 300 for donators. As for avatars, maybe allow avatars that are 1/2 bigger for donators.

It might not be an advantage but it's something that is generally free on just about EVERY forum of all kinds. Avatars are a persons identity.

----

Maybe for some other donator stuff. An extended ::players command where it shows every player online after 30 players. Free use of Make over mage, haircuts, changing clothes?
This isn't every other forum. Avatar's aren't anyone's identity. They are an extra feature on forums where you put a random funny picture or gif that makes people laugh. Signature would be more of a person's identity more than anything.

Brothership

• Quest Developer
  • Rebel Captain

• Onurs bitch.

• Personal Text
    Hey, you're pretty fly for a white guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2014, 07:18:12 pm »

----

This isn't every other forum. Avatar's aren't anyone's identity. They are an extra feature on forums where you put a random funny picture or gif that makes people laugh. Signature would be more of a person's identity more than anything.
i like n0vas idea alot. The idea of free make-over mage sounds appealing to me.

please dont remove the profile pics from non-donators. It's a persons identity, judt as n0va said.
The original G. Literally.

N0vapur3

• Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2014, 07:38:43 pm »

----

Nothing sets this forum apart from any other other than the people in it and what it represents which is a runescape private server. We're one of many. A quick google of avatar. "In computing, an avatar is the graphical representation of the user or the user's alter ego or character. I'm assuming you like Halo? I like Invader Zim, Gold (who posted on here) has an avatar of gold, Brothership loves quests, see the pattern? Signatures are similar but not necessarily the same. They could be our name, a meme, a gfx signature, but how often do you see a person having an signature of themself as opposed to an avatar?

Stuart

• Developer
  • Rebel General

• #1 Coolest Person HURR

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2014, 08:54:52 pm »

----

Nothing sets this forum apart from any other other than the people in it and what it represents which is a runescape private server. We're one of many. A quick google of avatar. "In computing, an avatar is the graphical representation of the user or the user's alter ego or character. I'm assuming you like Halo? I like Invader Zim, Gold (who posted on here) has an avatar of gold, Brothership loves quests, see the pattern? Signatures are similar but not necessarily the same. They could be our name, a meme, a gfx signature, but how often do you see a person having an signature of themself as opposed to an avatar?
I prefer having something that represents me in my signature. Just because its an "avatar" doesn't mean its definition is meant to be taken straight out of the dictionary. My avatar is halo because it was one of the things i photoshopped

N0vapur3

• Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2014, 09:28:23 pm »
I didn't need to look up avatar to know what it means. It's essentially a profile picture which is why James called it a custom profile picture. An avatar might have many meanings to other people but that's the general definition of one. Since this won't go anywhere, just continue to live in your own world where you're always right.

Stuart

• Developer
  • Rebel General

• #1 Coolest Person HURR

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2014, 09:58:11 pm »
I didn't need to look up avatar to know what it means. It's essentially a profile picture which is why James called it a custom profile picture. An avatar might have many meanings to other people but that's the general definition of one. Since this won't go anywhere, just continue to live in your own world where you're always right.
I am not living in a world where I am always right. Making avatars donator only is one of the few things this server can offer that won't give the user an ingame advantage. Feel free to list more options that wouldn't lead to people only donating just because they want a full set of rune armor.

Kendall

• Rebel Captain

• Personal Text
    u dont even drink blue dew
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2014, 10:29:19 pm »
Donate for a higher genie percentage. Current rate for a genie is 50% (Chicken is the other 50% for those who are mathematically declined).