Author Topic: What do you guys think the christmas event will be?  (Read 12207 times)

Austin

• Community Manager
  • Rebel Captain

• Has a nice view of your bedroom

• View Profile
What do you guys think the christmas event will be?
« on: December 19, 2013, 08:58:58 pm »
Christmas event?
For those of you who don't know, YES!! we will be doing a Christmas event. Now that we are preparing for CHRISTMAS, what do you guys think the event will be. Also, what year would you guys want it to resemble the most? We love to hear from you guys and your thoughts matter!
-Runerebels staff

Famoo

• Quest Developer
  • Rebel Commander

• Personal Text
    Your friendly neighborhood Developer.
    • View Profile
Re: What do you guys think the christmas event will be?
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2013, 09:04:53 pm »
what year would you guys want it to resemble the most?

Gimme space travelling unicorn mary go round that fires lazors. pl0x.
Official RuneRebels Discord: https://discord.gg/49KyKQJ

N0vapur3

• Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2013, 09:24:45 pm »
I think they will be santa hats OR yo-yo's. I don't really understand the second question since santa hats were released in 2002 and yo-yo's in 2004.

Reason why I say santa hats is because when most of us joined RS, I don't think many of us had the opportunity to experience the event. I think most of us started around 2004, at least I did. As a result, santa hats were rare when most of us joined and with the advertising most likely going to be next year, most of the new players will miss the event like they did on RS. Then again, people might multi log or something to get more than one hat.

As for yo-yo's, I brought that one up because it won't ruin the economy in any way like the zombie head.

I say 2014's christmas event will be the scarfs and hats XD (The best RS holiday event ever)

scrilla

• Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2013, 09:50:10 pm »
I think they will be santa hats OR yo-yo's. I don't really understand the second question since santa hats were released in 2002 and yo-yo's in 2004.

Reason why I say santa hats is because when most of us joined RS, I don't think many of us had the opportunity to experience the event. I think most of us started around 2004, at least I did. As a result, santa hats were rare when most of us joined and with the advertising most likely going to be next year, most of the new players will miss the event like they did on RS. Then again, people might multi log or something to get more than one hat.

As for yo-yo's, I brought that one up because it won't ruin the economy in any way like the zombie head.

I say 2014's christmas event will be the scarfs and hats XD (The best RS holiday event ever)

Or maybe party hats/Xmas crackers =O

Stuart

• Developer
  • Rebel General

• #1 Coolest Person HURR

• Personal Text
    Thanks Omar. Its your fault.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2013, 10:23:14 pm »
I think the 2007 one would be pretty fun.

Gold

• Rebel Leader

• Personal Text
    Send me a pm in-game if you have any questions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2013, 02:27:53 am »
2005 one! Make the hats and scarves untradable please. Don't introduce any rares that are tradable until we get a larger community. Smaller community will just hoard the rares until only few select people have the entire stack of rares... that would break the economy of the item.

*Credit goes to SRBuckey5266

Brothership

• Quest Developer
  • Rebel Captain

• Onurs bitch.

• Personal Text
    Hey, you're pretty fly for a white guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2013, 04:08:03 am »
We Wants le hipster scarves and le French hats!
The original G. Literally.

Famoo

• Quest Developer
  • Rebel Commander

• Personal Text
    Your friendly neighborhood Developer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2013, 04:24:24 am »
2005 one! Make the hats and scarves untradable please. Don't introduce any rares that are tradable until we get a larger community. Smaller community will just hoard the rares until only few select people have the entire stack of rares... that would break the economy of the item.

I agree with you. I absolutely do not want a select few players to be hoarding a large amount of the rares. Plus, that means only a small amount of players will be able to participate in and enjoy these special events.

This too. I'm sure many of us (including me) were not there during the time of the release of santa hats. However, this does not only pertain to santa hats, but all other rares/events released before 2006. One of the biggest things in the nostalgia of Runescape were the events, and I would definitely like to share the experience with a more larger player base.
Official RuneRebels Discord: https://discord.gg/49KyKQJ

Jake

• Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2013, 09:02:09 am »
Santa Hats, That way for the 20 people that do play they'll be rare as f00k when the community grows and it's all fair  8)

[P.s you can only do the event once, based on i.p]

Prayer

• Player Moderator
  • Rebel General

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2013, 09:21:21 am »
All I'm asking for is the best christmas RuneRebels can give. The only active players are dedicated players, and we deserve the best ;)

Janloom

• Rebel Leader

• Huh? What?

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2013, 11:27:25 am »
All I'm asking for is the best christmas RuneRebels can give. The only active players are dedicated players, and we deserve the best ;)

This. I also don't know how people really figure tradable rares 'ruin the economy',  when they in fact stimulate it by creating a commonly exchanged luxury item which causes large amounts of gold to change hands, as opposed to sitting in peoples banks (given they aren't mass hoarded by 25 players, like Gold mentioned earlier).

EDIT: I should mention I think holiday events should follow chronologically with classic RS - meaning Christmas Crackers this year, Masks next Halloween, then Santa's etc... This will more or less ensure they rarity and tiers of those items will match those of the original Runescape.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 11:31:43 am by Janloom »

Prayer

• Player Moderator
  • Rebel General

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2013, 11:46:11 am »

This. I also don't know how people really figure tradable rares 'ruin the economy',  when they in fact stimulate it by creating a commonly exchanged luxury item which causes large amounts of gold to change hands, as opposed to sitting in peoples banks (given they aren't mass hoarded by 25 players, like Gold mentioned earlier).

EDIT: I should mention I think holiday events should follow chronologically with classic RS - meaning Christmas Crackers this year, Masks next Halloween, then Santa's etc... This will more or less ensure they rarity and tiers of those items will match those of the original Runescape.

I agree. Also check out www.isitchristmas.com

The Vanguard

• Rebel Commander

• Personal Text
    Gaze into my eye.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2013, 12:39:11 pm »
Nude pics of Sean.
You know that weird flavour in your mouth when you woke up this morning? Yup, that was me.

Gamecube

• Rebel Leader

• Vanguard of Armadyl

• Personal Text
    Master Divineer.
    • View Profile
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2013, 12:40:19 pm »
Baby all I want for Christmas is RR Twoooooooooooooooooooo.

My first choice is Hipster Bobbles and Scarves
My second choice is crackers
My third choice is San'tar Hoot.
¸·¹¹·.„¸„' .. ¸' ......... Respèçt døêš ñõt grðw óñ trëèš' ......... '¸ .. '„¸„.·¹¹·¸
'.„„. .'„¸¸,.·¹°¹, ...... 'Ýõù mûšt šöw thé šèêdš ýøûršëlf' ...... ,¹°¹·.,¸¸„'. .„„.'
.............. '„¸„' Øñlÿ théñ wìll ýõù rêåp †hë réwàrdš ît brïñgš '„¸„' .....

N0vapur3

• Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2013, 01:17:51 pm »

Another server is doing christmas crackers and I have got to say, they either didn't test the event out or they just ruined the economy. I started playing for like 2-3 hours and I already found 9 christmas crackers. The crackers spawn in the same spots at a random rate. If RuneRebels decides to do christmas crackers, I hope it's nothing like this.