Author Topic: Different Staff  (Read 4680 times)

Thehate

• Donator
  • Rebel Recruit

• God Of Bacon

• View Profile
Different Staff
« on: May 06, 2012, 05:22:01 pm »
Hello,

I was thinking of the possibility of having different staff members for the 2 servers, 2 different teams, to allow for more fairness... if you understand what I am trying to say, basically allowing more people work with the community!

I hope you consider this idea

Thehate

Jack

• Rebel Leader

• Personal Text
    225th Member
    • View Profile
    • RuneRebels
Re: Different Staff
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2012, 06:12:18 pm »
Signature Removed.
----

Jake

• Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2012, 06:17:27 pm »
If you're right for the position then you will get it. There are more advantages of having the staff members from before then disadvantages.

I get were you're coming from but I don't think the old team was bad, In fact they were good.

Also there will be a ton more players so there would have to be some more promotions chucked in there.

Jake

• Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2012, 06:26:27 pm »
Why do you have to be staff to enjoy the game?
Good point, I think they may just be a little curious.

Thehate

• Donator
  • Rebel Recruit

• God Of Bacon

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2012, 06:55:31 pm »
Why do you have to be staff to enjoy the game?
Good point, I think they may just be a little curious.

naturally, you don't! Anyone can enjoy the game :) I was only throwing this out into the sea to see if it floated! ;)

nate

• Rebel Leader

• Personal Text
    ☜Wings of Faith☞ Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2012, 08:03:28 pm »
read the forums to see if you are posting anything that has already been posted.

and i back you up on the staff change thing. the worldscape staff were not friendly one bit. other than kyle and jake.

Garrett

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2012, 12:20:36 am »
I think it would be pretty hard for them to keep the same mods, just because they would be pretty busy trying to play both games and enforce the rules.
"A word to the wise isn't necessary, it's the stupid ones that need the advise." - Bill Cosby

Jake

• Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2012, 12:33:22 am »
The rules aren't different. They're relatively the same for both games. I don't think it would be hard at all, Seeing as you can have both clients up as well.

Garrett

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2012, 01:11:29 am »
Remember that player moderators are still players, so even if they do have both clients open at the same time they will still be actively playing one of the games. It would not be very efficient seeing as they will be afk on the one they aren't playing. It would just be easier and less stressful to have to have a different set of mods for each server.
"A word to the wise isn't necessary, it's the stupid ones that need the advise." - Bill Cosby

Jake

• Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2012, 01:30:14 am »
I'm not saying that we should copy and paste the staff list from Worldscape, I'm saying that if we have a couple of mod here and there that are moderators/admins on both servers I don't see them being in any real trouble.

My opinion anyway.

Garrett

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2012, 01:34:41 am »
I wouldn't see a problem with one or two of them either, it would be good to have a couple of mods with some experience. Just not so many that it takes away from worldscape too much.

Jake

• Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2012, 01:37:06 am »
Absolutely agree with you. Experience is key with some things, especially this. Once the new mods come through the experienced ones can help them out, then the process repeats. After a while everyone knows their roll.

Garrett

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2012, 01:44:22 am »
Yep, the more experienced mod(s) would be more like a coach. Telling and demonstrating what to do in certain situations then watching the newer mods execute. I think we just came up with a pretty plan there. :)

Jake

• Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2012, 02:14:51 am »
I'm sure, either way, the staff they pick will do an awesome job anyway.

Thehate

• Donator
  • Rebel Recruit

• God Of Bacon

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2012, 08:05:01 am »
Well yeah, having a new staff team will allow for a lot more "ease" instead of stressing out the current mod team, and it will also allow the "new mods" (if any) to shine and bring new ways of doing things to the game :D