Author Topic: Moderators  (Read 2561 times)

Zaiona

• Rebel Recruit

• Personal Text
    I Be Keepin It Real.
    • View Profile
Moderators
« on: January 28, 2013, 07:07:21 pm »
We'll when I private messaged Dug and he didn't know where I was....

I was thinking. Could you give Moderators xteleto, I think it would make the server so much more offcient, since Moderator won't have to go half across the map to help the person or deal with botters/scammer,etc..

-Zai
Don't see me for who I was. See me for who I am now

HappyguyForum

• Rebel General

• Personal Text
    Don't ever play leapfrog with a Unicorn...
    • View Profile
Re: Moderators
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2013, 08:17:41 pm »

I was thinking. Could you give Moderators xteleto, I think it would make the server so much more offcient, since Moderator won't have to go half across the map to help the person or deal with botters/scammer,etc..

-Zai
moderators arent suppose to get special privlages besides kicking/muting etc. if moderators were given these privlages and were corrupt then shit would go crazy
Selling sets of armor bronze-mith. message me in game for the prices if interested :P -happyguy3216

Bill

• Owner & Operator
  • Rebel Soldier

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2013, 08:39:49 pm »

-Zai

The only problem with this is the players moderators are just like one of you guys where the only difference is they have shown an exceptionally well attitude and behavior toward the game and have stood out to us administrators. Giving them additional powers such as teleto will give them a bit of an unfair advantage in the game, being able to teleport around and such.

Jake

• Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2013, 10:21:21 pm »
As convenient as it may be it still isn't classed as fair. As a Moderator we are legit players like you, the only difference is the crown and we are given the job to keep the community a fair/fun place.

We just need to put in the extra effort to sort out the issue.

scrilla

• Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2013, 10:14:36 am »
I kinda agree with this, kinda don't because what happens if the moderator cant get to you or you get stuck and have to wait hours.

James

• Developer
  • Rebel Captain

• Sean is my son

• Personal Text
    The RR Grandpa
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2013, 10:20:23 am »
I kinda agree with this, kinda don't because what happens if the moderator cant get to you or you get stuck and have to wait hours.

Contact an admin! That's why we all have Skype, and the forums  ;)
Hi, I'm James. I'm old as hell.

I need to Java again, lol

scrilla

• Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2013, 10:22:55 am »
suppose so,

Dug

• Player Moderator
  • Rebel Leader

• AGF

• Personal Text
    Teach me how to dougie.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2013, 11:03:30 am »
Honestly, I agree with the community because moderators can easily abuse the teleport function, on rs i don't believe they had the ability to teleport.
I strongly suggest all moderators train their Mage so that they at least have some sort of relief when trying to go vast distances without a certain time period.
I wouldn't mind going long distances, i mean how often will you be needed to go to somewhere if needed but I do agree that it's a little bit of a hassle.
Hi I'm Dug. (wave).

Brodie

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2013, 12:14:22 pm »
Honestly, I agree with the community because moderators can easily abuse the teleport function, on rs i don't believe they had the ability to teleport.
I strongly suggest all moderators train their Mage so that they at least have some sort of relief when trying to go vast distances without a certain time period.
I wouldn't mind going long distances, i mean how often will you be needed to go to somewhere if needed but I do agree that it's a little bit of a hassle.

You're correct, Player Moderators in Runescape didn't have any teleportation commands as it would be too easy for them to abuse their power. Player Moderators aren't any different than original players (Besides the crown and the privilege to mute rule-breakers) they will not be able to have such a command.

All your threads are belong to us.