Author Topic: Re Adding the ::home command.  (Read 3135 times)

Olivia020

• Donator
  • Rebel Soldier

• View Profile
Re Adding the ::home command.
« on: January 15, 2013, 01:18:15 pm »
For people who get stuck in the ocean or other various places on the map, instead of waiting for an admin to get on, we should have the ::home command

Set the ::home command to only where you can use it every 20 to 30 minutes that way it cannot be abused and people can continue on playing the game when stuck.

Ruby

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
Re: Re Adding the ::home command.
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2013, 02:05:40 pm »
No, that wasn't in 2006-era RuneScape therefore it shouldn't be in RuneRebels. It's a good idea but it doesn't agree with me due to the fact that it's a remake and that wasn't in there.

vault

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2013, 02:10:37 pm »
No, that wasn't in 2006-era RuneScape therefore it shouldn't be in RuneRebels. It's a good idea but it doesn't agree with me due to the fact that it's a remake and that wasn't in there.

ruby we are in the alpha-stage atm and we got some commands like "::players" which ofc dont/didnt exist in runescape
those commands will be removed after alpha-stage, its just for now to make the game more enjoyable

Ruby

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2013, 02:14:26 pm »

ruby we are in the alpha-stage atm and we got some commands like "::players" which ofc dont/didnt exist in runescape
those commands will be removed after alpha-stage, its just for now to make the game more enjoyable
I understand that but we may as well build on the foundation we'll be playing on while we're through the alpha process, into the beta and into our release. We shouldn't be adding in commands such as ::players, they should be available to see on the website as RuneScape done. It's a much more professional way of doing things.

vault

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2013, 02:21:28 pm »

I understand that but we may as well build on the foundation we'll be playing on while we're through the alpha process, into the beta and into our release. We shouldn't be adding in commands such as ::players, they should be available to see on the website as RuneScape done. It's a much more professional way of doing things.

Thats right ofc, but as long as we are in alpha stage(and we dont advertise for the server) there aren't many ppl who are aware of this server - so i'd rather make the game more enjoyable than appearing more professional for a minority. Anyways, the commands will be deleted soon, so it doesn't really matter :P

Olivia020

• Donator
  • Rebel Soldier

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2013, 02:41:52 pm »
So because of there is map issues and glitches in game that can result to your character being PERMANENTLY stuck until an admin can get on to help, We will just have to deal with it because adding a ::home command wasn't made in 2006.

You are totally not reading my post what so ever and your just ignoring the fact for nostalgia.

The issue is as stated, we are in alpha THERE IS ISSUES. Instead of waiting for admins, why not fix it yourself so you can continue playing without having to go WILL SOMEBODY HELP ME PLEASE IM STUCK until an admin gets on.

That's the issue, and that is a problem solver.

If you really want to discuss that its a 2006 remake, then I suggest the interface for September 2006 when the home button was added in runescape. Just so your nostalgic needs are met, and life on the "private server" can continue without being stuck, and forced stuck because we want nostalgia instead of common sense of important game functions.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 02:44:22 pm by Olivia020 »

Ruby

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2013, 02:51:02 pm »
So because of there is map issues and glitches in game that can result to your character being PERMANENTLY stuck until an admin can get on to help, We will just have to deal with it because adding a ::home command wasn't made in 2006.

You are totally not reading my post what so ever and your just ignoring the fact for nostalgia.

The issue is as stated, we are in alpha THERE IS ISSUES. Instead of waiting for admins, why not fix it yourself so you can continue playing without having to go WILL SOMEBODY HELP ME PLEASE IM STUCK until an admin gets on.

That's the issue, and that is a problem solver.

If you really want to discuss that its a 2006 remake, then I suggest the interface for September 2006 when the home button was added in runescape.
No, this is a crude fix to a further crude issue in the game. It shouldn't be something with a "cheap and nasty" fix such as a command. There should be something other than that which isn't as crude as the command you suggested, there's other ways around it. We're a professional server with a professional outlook on programming, not a quick fix.

aiSeNMa

• Rebel Recruit

• Personal Text
    I-ee-senma.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2013, 03:11:33 pm »
The point is, this clipping glitch didn't exist in RS in 2006. I think with the Clipping Revamp it'll be fixed. Until then, I suggest the command be ::stuck, ::home is a little too.. Likely to be used often.
Until it is fixed, we have to work with what we've got. This isn't even close to being exactly what RS in 06 was yet. For example, instead of having an incomplete members' world, we made it teleport you back to Lumbridge for now.

I suggest making ::stuck only work twice per 24 hours, if possible. If you're getting stuck more often than that, it's probably your fault.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 03:20:29 pm by aiSeNMa »
I'm Coleshot1.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-khYUCQj1M - Name origin.

yoloswag666

• Donator
  • Rebel Soldier

• Personal Text
    Australian Straight Edge
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2013, 03:14:23 pm »
I second having the ::home command

This a rsps, get your head out of your bum
I'm pretty busy IRL so if I don't reply or see something or know something it's generally because of that.

Olivia020

• Donator
  • Rebel Soldier

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2013, 03:18:51 pm »
It's only FOR ALPHA stage.

Home can be removed when issues are 100% fixed.

However, for now, a "crude" fix is a simple fix FOR NOW!

I never once stated we should keep it forever, However i do like the idea of having the September 2006 Interfaces, However! for now, There is going to be issues and people getting stuck, It has happened, it will happen, and it continues to happen. For now, a ::home command until alpha is 100% at an end should be fine, With a timer however so no other glitches can be exploited.

aiSeNMa

• Rebel Recruit

• Personal Text
    I-ee-senma.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2013, 03:27:55 pm »
All the commands are going to be removed at the same time anyways.
Anyways, I think ::stuck sounds less tempting. And a timer is useless. I can run out to the wildy, mine runite and tele back with a timer.(Just an example)
Making it work twice a day is lenient enough, not enough to be abused. And again if you get stuck more than that, you're doing something weird.
I'm Coleshot1.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-khYUCQj1M - Name origin.

Sheikyy

• Rebel Recruit

• Personal Text
    I'm a Milk Sheikyy
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2013, 03:31:25 pm »

The same way we shouldnt add Skillcapes, Godwars, Hunter, Construction and future updates ingame, completely agree with that and also i vote for removing any player command like ::yell, ::players and therefore.

Kevin

• Veteran
  • Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2013, 04:44:39 pm »
The clipping is going to be fixed very soon. The only command players will have is players and online staff.

Frell

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2013, 04:56:42 pm »
Visible item ids will also be removed