8 (22.9%)
10x
0 (0%)
25x
1 (2.9%)
50x
2 (5.7%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Author Topic: Suggestion to raise XP RATE  (Read 9453 times)

Charles

• Veteran
  • Rebel Captain

• Personal Text
    Smitten with a knitten kitten.
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestion to raise XP RATE
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2014, 06:38:49 am »
Where is 1x exp rate option?

Peanutz

• Donator
  • Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2014, 12:00:08 pm »
I'd like to raise it to either 10x or 25x, but others can comment what they'd like.

Yea, 25x your not trying to mold the server to your needs at all.  ::)

boxin nigs

• Donator
  • Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2014, 12:40:12 pm »
it's bull shit to raise exp lol

twerkteam

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2014, 03:44:01 pm »
x5 would be so good imo, i've got 4 jobs and children to feed. This server is so much fun but it would be optimized with x5 experience rates.

Austin

• Community Manager
  • Rebel Captain

• Has a nice view of your bedroom

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2014, 06:29:23 pm »
I think it's pretty obvious what the decision was, so I think we will keep it at what it is now. Like I said, EVERY TIME we do this, it's the same answer every time.

James

• Developer
  • Rebel Captain

• Sean is my son

• Personal Text
    The RR Grandpa
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2014, 08:01:38 pm »
I think it's pretty obvious what the decision was, so I think we will keep it at what it is now. Like I said, EVERY TIME we do this, it's the same answer every time.

This.

I'm more than open to a fair debate, and I believe this has fairly showed that the majority of the community is in agreement that the XP rate is fine. I originally said I would leave the topic open until later tonight, but seeing as how 70% of the community is in agreement, I think it's fair to say the XP rate is fine.
Hi, I'm James. I'm old as hell.

I need to Java again, lol

ox random xi

• Rebel Recruit

• Personal Text
    Winter is coming
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2014, 06:41:42 am »
Alright, you may close the thread and the poll. I wish you luck with RR 2.0

Austin

• Community Manager
  • Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2014, 11:28:03 am »
I would like to let you know that we have thought long and hard about this, it didn't just go based off the thread. We MAY consider a test world with a different xp rate, and if it goes well then we MAY have two worlds with two seperate XP rates. This would of course have seperate player files.

realitycheck

• Rebel Commander

• Personal Text
    Don't mistake lack of talent for genius - P.Steele
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2014, 11:34:22 am »
I would like to let you know that we have thought long and hard about this, it didn't just go based off the thread. We MAY consider a test world with a different xp rate, and if it goes well then we MAY have two worlds with two seperate XP rates. This would of course have seperate player files.

IMHO, I wouldn't start branching off separate worlds to appease the minority.  Continue to put the resources into the main RR game and people will come here for the gameplay and community regardless of XP rate.

Austin

• Community Manager
  • Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2014, 11:36:58 am »

IMHO, I wouldn't start branching off separate worlds to appease the minority.  Continue to put the resources into the main RR game and people will come here for the gameplay and community regardless of XP rate.
We won't do it without the community's consent, we are still thinking about it but if we have any thoughts of putting it up then we will put out a poll for what kind of XP change and whether or not the players want it. Someone did make a point that the community now may want no change but the community coming in does. This may or may not be entirely true but this is a very serious subject that is up for debate at the moment.

Im Baked

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2014, 03:08:01 pm »

We won't do it without the community's consent, we are still thinking about it but if we have any thoughts of putting it up then we will put out a poll for what kind of XP change and whether or not the players want it. Someone did make a point that the community now may want no change but the community coming in does. This may or may not be entirely true but this is a very serious subject that is up for debate at the moment.

Yea.....Cuz they want to catch up to the players that spent all that time with 2x rate.
Guess you can take in your new players and lose your old ones if you really want to tho.

ox random xi

• Rebel Recruit

• Personal Text
    Winter is coming
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 13, 2014, 08:23:54 pm »

Yea.....Cuz they want to catch up to the players that spent all that time with 2x rate.
Guess you can take in your new players and lose your old ones if you really want to tho.
300 new players is worth 50 old ones.
and of course my poll died, the community that is actually 'playing' and is 'active' will of course vote for what they love. There aren't any new faces here to help me push my appeal.

James

• Developer
  • Rebel Captain

• Sean is my son

• Personal Text
    The RR Grandpa
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 13, 2014, 09:02:51 pm »

300 new players is worth 50 old ones.
and of course my poll died, the community that is actually 'playing' and is 'active' will of course vote for what they love. There aren't any new faces here to help me push my appeal.

In my opinion, 50 dedicated players is worth WAY more than 300 players who log on and log off immediately when they notice it isn't even close to a remake.

Like our community manager said, we are talking about adding another world that has a higher XP rate with separate high scores and accounts, but currently we're going to continue working on 2.0.
Hi, I'm James. I'm old as hell.

I need to Java again, lol