Author Topic: Some History  (Read 30498 times)

Ry60003333

• Owner & Operator
  • Rebel Captain

• View Profile
Some History
« on: January 10, 2013, 06:56:42 pm »
Let me just clarify a few things; We don't have any kind of bad feelings towards K09, but here is what happened to us.

Tico and I were offered the server by David, and both of us were in class. Before we even had a change to respond, the server was given to K09. We already have a fully experienced development team with tons of motivation and time available to them; and I have been running a server for 6 years! We weren't even given a chance...

Additionally, Project06 is using the 2006Scape source. We have that source, it is absolutely terrible. David even told us not to "judge" the source when we saw it. Of course this is nothing against David, I do not know what he was/is doing but he did do a good job. We have an absolutely amazing architecture that supports 2,000 players per world, multiple worlds, multiple versions, a plugin system for content, SQL database storage for configuration, an amazing staff website, and so much more. And we want people and developers to help us with this project. What we lack in is a player base, and it would be nice if people gave us a chance.

Just look at all of the projects I have created. I have a Siri proxy that lets old devices use Siri and allows customization all written in Java; I rewrote the Minecraft server back in Minecraft beta, and so on. Why not give my team and I a chance?

Recoil

• Rebel Leader

• Power Absolute

• Personal Text
    Surprise, bitch!
    • View Profile
    • My Development Projects
Re: Some History
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2013, 06:59:15 pm »
Ryan, you and Frell keep dodging the issue. No one is questioning the quality of this server. I'm questioning the authoritative actions being made. I don't care if their server is leeched or crap. That doesn't justify you making them an enemy when they actually did nothing to you.

K09 was probably just offered the server and probably had no idea you were offered. David just triggered the misunderstanding.

Jake

• Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2013, 07:06:37 pm »
Regardless, Ryan has every right to have the opportunity. He's more then capable enough to have it.

Vike

• Rebel Soldier

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2013, 07:13:46 pm »
Ryan you're a great owner and know how to run things around here. Keep being awesome.

Ry60003333

• Owner & Operator
  • Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2013, 07:20:17 pm »
Ryan, you and Frell keep dodging the issue. No one is questioning the quality of this server. I'm questioning the authoritative actions being made. I don't care if their server is leeched or crap. That doesn't justify you making them an enemy when they actually did nothing to you.

K09 was probably just offered the server and probably had no idea you were offered. David just triggered the misunderstanding.
We aren't trying to make them an enemy; if K09 wanted to join us right now we would consider that! The one thing that we do not like is that they are using a stolen source... :-[

Recoil

• Rebel Leader

• Power Absolute

• Personal Text
    Surprise, bitch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2013, 07:39:07 pm »
Yes, we are in agreement, that was low of them to do that, but so is stealing players I feel. I know you don't care about my opinions because I have done a lot of things like this, but my point is the end doesn't justify the means.

Wilma Dikfit

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2013, 08:05:18 pm »
You and Frell killed  any chance of increasing your player base or being respected by the RSPS community by the way you conducted yourselves today. A simple advertisement campaign would have a been a good start, but yet you spineless fucks chose to scheme and plot instead of being up front with everybody. Good luck with your server, I will do my part to make sure it never succeeds.

Alex

• Owner & Operator
  • Rebel Recruit

• God of Herpes

• Personal Text
    Vet of '06
    • View Profile
    • AllGoFree
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2013, 08:20:56 pm »
You and Frell killed  any chance of increasing your player base or being respected by the RSPS community by the way you conducted yourselves today. A simple advertisement campaign would have a been a good start, but yet you spineless fucks chose to scheme and plot instead of being up front with everybody. Good luck with your server, I will do my part to make sure it never succeeds.

You think we haven't tried advertising before though?

Derp
I like it in my ass

Mula

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2013, 08:23:47 pm »

You think we haven't tried advertising before though?

Derp
So just because your advertising didn't work gives you the right to try and go take down another site and gain all its members?

Wilma Dikfit

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2013, 08:31:13 pm »
I feel sorry for the members of this server, they are being led by an incompetent and immature staff with no hope of success.

Vike

• Rebel Soldier

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2013, 08:40:44 pm »
I don't agree, they're all very mature and respectable. They also interact with their players unlike the staff of projectrs06.

Recoil

• Rebel Leader

• Power Absolute

• Personal Text
    Surprise, bitch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2013, 08:42:29 pm »
I don't agree, they're all very mature and respectable. They also interact with their players unlike the staff of projectrs06.
What you're saying is just wrong. The staff are indifferent and cursory to new players especially in-game. Forums are slightly different because the people who participate in forums are different kinds of people.

And how can you with a straight face call them mature and respectable after what has recently happened? Honesty matters, and it's apparent you're brown nosing for good staff rep.

Wilma Dikfit

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2013, 08:44:49 pm »
Mature? How is that? They didn't get what they wanted and behaved like little infants being told no. You're viewpoints on maturity are slightly misguided my friend.

Frell

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2013, 10:21:18 pm »
David personally wanted it to go to Ry.

Yet Pompano chose to give it to someone who isn't nearly as familiar with the rs2 client.  All he did was run an rsc client for 2 years.

frozenx2p

• Rebel Soldier

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2013, 10:43:31 pm »
I feel sorry for the members of this server, they are being led by an incompetent and immature staff with no hope of success.

And we feel sorry for you, this won't go anywhere so might aswell stop posting.
Once you have killed someone, you will be labeled as a murderer, however when you kill Millions of people, then you will be called a conqueror and once you have reached the utmost limit... When you have killed everyone except yourself - then congratulations you have become a god!