Author Topic: Forum rep?  (Read 3752 times)

Thehate

• Donator
  • Rebel Recruit

• God Of Bacon

• View Profile
Forum rep?
« on: April 02, 2017, 12:59:08 am »
Hi All,

Was reading a post by Dev Seth and I just thought, well, that's a post I'd love to +1! So would it be possible to add this feature so that users can show appreciation & positivity (ONLY (IE: No -1's)) for eachother's ideas, comments and suggestions?
Although, it might also breed a post-spamming clustertruck... Which would not be good or positive....

I believe SMF has a "karma" system, which is basically the same thing? Just the down-vote would need to be disabled if possible?

Edit: Much like the Give Respect feature on the WS forum, but on a per post/thread basis?

That's just my two cents.

buttplug

• Community Member
  • Rebel Captain

• Personal Text
    Omar
    • View Profile
Re: Forum rep?
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2017, 10:55:11 pm »
Hi All,

Was reading a post by Dev Seth and I just thought, well, that's a post I'd love to +1! So would it be possible to add this feature so that users can show appreciation & positivity (ONLY (IE: No -1's)) for eachother's ideas, comments and suggestions?
Although, it might also breed a post-spamming clustertruck... Which would not be good or positive....

I believe SMF has a "karma" system, which is basically the same thing? Just the down-vote would need to be disabled if possible?

Edit: Much like the Give Respect feature on the WS forum, but on a per post/thread basis?

If I am not mistaken, Rune Rebels already has a subreddit

/shitpost

Thehate

• Donator
  • Rebel Recruit

• God Of Bacon

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2017, 11:34:31 pm »
Hi All,

If I am not mistaken, Rune Rebels already has a subreddit

/shitpost

I mean for the forum, not a subreddit... If I was referring to a subreddit, I would've said.

Was purely an idea.

Dev Seth

• Developer (ingame)
  • Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2017, 06:01:50 pm »
There are some plans in the works to change up things with the forums to make them more welcoming.

I also don't think he was referring to your idea negatively but saying that the RR subreddit was /r/shitpost, as a joke.

- Seth

Galleta

• Community Member
  • Rebel Commander

• El español

• Personal Text
    Galletitas con leche, yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2017, 05:01:10 am »
I agree with the rep. Idea. But I disagre on the negative reputation. I think both positive and negative need to be added.

buttplug

• Community Member
  • Rebel Captain

• Personal Text
    Omar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2017, 10:13:21 pm »
I agree with the rep. Idea. But I disagre on the negative reputation. I think both positive and negative need to be added.

Would you mind explaining to me why we need to add quantifiable positivity and negativity into the RuneRebels equation? Not trying to be a dick, genuinely asking for a different perspective on the subject. This forum is already positive as fuck, everyone is friendly and for the most part respectful. It's a genuine community. In its current form, if you disagree with someone, you either reply to their post and explain why, or you don't say anything at all. For example, I disagree with you on this subject and I am coherently replying why. If we had an upvote/downvote system, I probably would have downvoted you without any clarification just for the convenience of saying "I disagree" without having to actually put any effort into it. Adding a 'faceless disagreement button' will ultimately lower the forum's sense of community as it doesn't promote discussion, it promotes strictly picking a side and not allowing any in between. I don't see the point of upvotes either as they create a meaningless circlejerk of people patting each other on the back for no reason other than self gratification. If people agree with you, they should say so and have an open discussion about it

However, since we don't have an upvote/downvote system to get into a pissing contest about, I am willing to hear why you disagree and explain to me what benefit  of this sort of system would have to RuneRebels.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 01:05:14 am by buttplug »