Author Topic: Community Update!  (Read 11949 times)

Slayer

• Veteran
  • Rebel Captain

• HEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEY

• Personal Text
    Namechange Sento -> Slayer
    • View Profile
Re: Community Update!
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2016, 05:50:47 pm »
I hate to be Mr. Pessimistic but is there any ETA on when we are going to see some of the updates and changes mentioned? It has been 2 weeks since this original post, I've been pretty busy myself as well but I am just curious.
SoonTM

Slayer

• Veteran
  • Rebel Captain

• HEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEY

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2016, 05:51:03 pm »
Been awhile since I posted, I'm really glad to hear from you Ryan. I completely understand about college, I'm still in college myself and recently got a job, so my time has diminished greatly in terms of availability to do anything really. I can't say I'm amazing at Java, it's surely been awhile but I completed a Java course in school, and I'm about to embark on another course entitled 'Data Structures and Algorithms in Java.' Not sure how much use it may be, but if you find a way to let us, the players help out in any way, I'll be sure to try my best.

Best of luck with this RuneRebels revival, I'll be logging in every now and then :)
Don't forget that we made our own complete remake within 2 hours :^)

Selling code to shear sheep for instant christmas crackers, only $4.99. Or purchase later the santa hat DLC for 3 easy payments of $3.50

also onur for admin again plz
Im coming dw

edub

• Veteran
  • Rebel General

• "Heroes will always be remembered, but legends never die."

• Personal Text
    #1 in Mining (99) & Smithing (99)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2016, 07:09:45 pm »
I hate to be Mr. Pessimistic but is there any ETA on when we are going to see some of the updates and changes mentioned? It has been 2 weeks since this original post, I've been pretty busy myself as well but I am just curious.
SoonTM

In Slayer We Trust

Wirt

• Player Moderator
  • Rebel Commander

• Personal Text
    -psst- over here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2016, 07:35:58 pm »
In Slayer we must.

Flustered

• Player Moderator
  • Rebel Captain

• Designated Memer

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2016, 05:31:47 pm »
Been awhile since I posted, I'm really glad to hear from you Ryan. I completely understand about college, I'm still in college myself and recently got a job, so my time has diminished greatly in terms of availability to do anything really. I can't say I'm amazing at Java, it's surely been awhile but I completed a Java course in school, and I'm about to embark on another course entitled 'Data Structures and Algorithms in Java.' Not sure how much use it may be, but if you find a way to let us, the players help out in any way, I'll be sure to try my best.

Best of luck with this RuneRebels revival, I'll be logging in every now and then :)
Don't forget that we made our own complete remake within 2 hours :^)

Selling code to shear sheep for instant christmas crackers, only $4.99. Or purchase later the santa hat DLC for 3 easy payments of $3.50

also onur for admin again plz
Im coming dw

Onur is the hero that runerebels(tm) needs but doesn't deserve

Ry60003333

• Owner & Operator
  • Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2016, 12:07:06 am »
Honestly Ryan I appreciate you being upfront and honest with us. I have been a past critic of this server for the lack of updates but I just graduated college last May as well, and I fully understand where you are coming from. I started a full time job recently and RR is unfortunately at the bottom of the totem poll in terms of my priorities.

I can say though as a long time member of this community that I am routing for this server's success and I hope that there will come another day where the community can grow back to the levels that it used to be 2-3 years ago. I will never play another private server other than this one. In my 10+ years playing private servers I have never been part of a community that has made me feel more at home than RR has. I think if any server can come back again it is RR. I am hopeful for the best and that the rest of our community will come back and rally behind you.

Regards,

Edub
I'm glad that you have some idea of what it feels like! It was definitely a lot more work then I thought!

Let me know what you guys think!

Any sort of revival of Runerebels would indeed be great, especially if we could get all skills trainable and hopefully a stable player base/economy.
But let us get our priorities straight!
This is the first thing that should be fixed.
(click to show/hide)

Garnu also made a post about this, I also agree, they should be removed from the highscores.
I will actually look into this right now. There is a simple way to remove people from the highscores, I just have to remember what it is! ::)

Great to hear! I hope to see you guys in game, I do want to spend more time in the game. I am also working on cool project to make keeping in touch with me a lot easier. ;)

Yes; I am working on an actual plan document at the moment and have done lots of behind the scenes stuff for development. To be completely transparent, this is what I have done:
* Get our developer site updated and running again on the latest version of Gitlab
* Updated all of the broken WebHooks in the database so that we can keep track of changes
* Merge all the server engine changes from Adventure Guild back into the game engine. :D

Ry60003333

• Owner & Operator
  • Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2016, 12:10:45 am »
The HighScores have been fixed. ;)

Justin

• Veteran
  • Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2016, 02:01:20 am »
Thanks Ryan  ;)

edub

• Veteran
  • Rebel General

• "Heroes will always be remembered, but legends never die."

• Personal Text
    #1 in Mining (99) & Smithing (99)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2016, 06:39:11 pm »

Thank you for the updates

Ry60003333

• Owner & Operator
  • Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2016, 12:09:46 am »

Yeah no problem guys! I will try and post as many updates as I can! :D

Slayer

• Veteran
  • Rebel Captain

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2016, 05:55:13 pm »
When is onur making his return
Yeah no problem guys! I will try and post as many updates as I can! :D

Famoo

• Quest Developer
  • Rebel Commander

• Personal Text
    Your friendly neighborhood Developer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2016, 12:55:27 am »
Well this was a pleasant surprise. Going alongside with what everyone else has been saying, I too am excited for the revival and future of this server, but most importantly this community.
Quoting D E A T H's post on the thread over on Worldscape:
Holy shit never seen a RSPS community this tight even after a long hiatus. What a community you have created Ryan :). Can't wait to see what this place could turn into.
It's really amazing to me how even after what feels like decades, a good handful of the community still sticks around with tremendous amounts of support and hope. I will always support you Ryan and will be glad to help in any way possible.  :D
Official RuneRebels Discord: https://discord.gg/49KyKQJ

Petter

• Developer
  • Rebel Commander

• Puddy' slayer

• Personal Text
    Ur fault
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2016, 08:54:01 am »
Well this was a pleasant surprise. Going alongside with what everyone else has been saying, I too am excited for the revival and future of this server, but most importantly this community.
Quoting D E A T H's post on the thread over on Worldscape:
Holy shit never seen a RSPS community this tight even after a long hiatus. What a community you have created Ryan :). Can't wait to see what this place could turn into.
It's really amazing to me how even after what feels like decades, a good handful of the community still sticks around with tremendous amounts of support and hope. I will always support you Ryan and will be glad to help in any way possible.  :D

Asians are always welcome here at Runerebels
"Petter keeps asking me when i'm home, but I don't have a home"-Ryan

Muse

• Rebel Leader

• kastom titel?

• Personal Text
    If Vatican then I can too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2016, 10:22:29 pm »
Much love to all of you, see you in game I hope :)

Ry60003333

• Owner & Operator
  • Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2016, 05:08:37 am »
Much love to all of you, see you in game I hope :)
I'll be in game a lot more now and I will also be making it easier for people in game to contact me when I am on the go. 8)