Author Topic: Halloween Event Suggstions  (Read 18159 times)

Ry60003333

• Owner & Operator
  • Rebel Captain

• View Profile
Halloween Event Suggstions
« on: October 19, 2014, 06:03:06 pm »
Hello everyone! Halloween is coming up soon, and we are definitely doing an event. However, we wanted to hear from you guys what exactly you would want for the event. Should we attempt to replicate an old RuneScape event, or should we make our own? What should the rewards be for the event? Please post your suggestions in this topic and maybe we will choose your idea!

Tennessee

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
Re: Halloween Event Suggstions
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2014, 06:06:32 pm »
06 remake=Halloween event remake..

custom content ruins everything.. look at old school runescape.. I wouldn't even play that now if it was free

Slangin

• Supporter
  • Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2014, 06:55:13 pm »

custom content ruins everything.. look at old school runescape.. I wouldn't even play that now if it was free

Though I'm not against the idea of the 2006 event, our options should not be limited to just this event since we've already had pre-2006 holiday events in the past.

Runescape Events Included;

The 2006 Event was the Ghost Buster event inside of Diango's (Christmas) workshop, where a player used the Ghost Buster 500 to rid of various possessed workstations. After capturing 3 ghosts of a particular color, a player would be rewarded with a Skeleton outfit. Part 2 of this event was ridding the tree in the middle of his shop. A player would have to take a woodcutting axe, click on the roots teleporting them to a different area (underneath the tree) where the roots are dangling. Player chops 10 to get the Jack-o-lantern mask.

The 2005 was Zombie Heads, which are in-game.

There was NO 2004 Event.

The 2003 event was a random Scythe drop. Every player could only have 1 and they could not be traded. The scythe has the stats similar to that of a bronze 2h sword.

The 2002 event was H'ween masks, also a random drop. Trade-able cosmetic.

The 2001 event was a random pumpkin drop similar to masks.

For those of you who don't know what others are referring to about dates and events.

If you were to ask my opinion on which event should be held this year i'd say Scythes. Though the 2006 event is great, and would be a lot of fun to see again, I feel the time and effort that'd need to be scraped together to successfully release this should be focused on other, more permanent content updates. Scythes will provide a non-tradeable and you can only have one, so nobody will go crazy over people having more than them or how they cannot get one because people are constantly picking them up.

« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 06:59:25 pm by Slangin »

Tennessee

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2014, 07:21:40 pm »

Though I'm not against the idea of the 2006 event, our options should not be limited to just this event since we've already had pre-2006 holiday events in the past.

Runescape Events Included;

The 2006 Event was the Ghost Buster event inside of Diango's (Christmas) workshop, where a player used the Ghost Buster 500 to rid of various possessed workstations. After capturing 3 ghosts of a particular color, a player would be rewarded with a Skeleton outfit. Part 2 of this event was ridding the tree in the middle of his shop. A player would have to take a woodcutting axe, click on the roots teleporting them to a different area (underneath the tree) where the roots are dangling. Player chops 10 to get the Jack-o-lantern mask.

The 2005 was Zombie Heads, which are in-game.

There was NO 2004 Event.

The 2003 event was a random Scythe drop. Every player could only have 1 and they could not be traded. The scythe has the stats similar to that of a bronze 2h sword.

The 2002 event was H'ween masks, also a random drop. Trade-able cosmetic.

The 2001 event was a random pumpkin drop similar to masks.

For those of you who don't know what others are referring to about dates and events.

If you were to ask my opinion on which event should be held this year i'd say Scythes. Though the 2006 event is great, and would be a lot of fun to see again, I feel the time and effort that'd need to be scraped together to successfully release this should be focused on other, more permanent content updates. Scythes will provide a non-tradeable and you can only have one, so nobody will go crazy over people having more than them or how they cannot get one because people are constantly picking them up.

I never said not to implement items that were pre-06.. just custom content and post-06.. obviously an 06 remake would technically HAVE to encompass EVERYTHING pre-06 to be considered 06.. if that makes sense to everyone. It doesn't matter to me if the content is released in order or not.. I wouldn't mind having h'ween masks or scythes this year and pumpkins next year.. to me it's irrelevant as long as it's not custom content/post-2006

Slangin

• Supporter
  • Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2014, 07:51:53 pm »
I never said not to implement items that were pre-06.. just custom content and post-06.. obviously an 06 remake would technically HAVE to encompass EVERYTHING pre-06 to be considered 06.. if that makes sense to everyone. It doesn't matter to me if the content is released in order or not.. I wouldn't mind having h'ween masks or scythes this year and pumpkins next year.. to me it's irrelevant as long as it's not custom content/post-2006

Didn't mean to come across saying you're wrong, I agree with you 100%

Prayer

• Player Moderator
  • Rebel General

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2014, 11:30:47 pm »

The 2006 Halloween event that happened in Runescape is past our time thing of the server. We're based around may 2006.

I suggest a Scythe since it's untradeable and can't be taken advantage of by the small player base that we have. Maybe the Scythe can be a symbol to show those players that still support us and still played during the lowest points of RR.

Tennessee

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2014, 11:47:39 pm »

Didn't mean to come across saying you're wrong, I agree with you 100%

no problem! I hope I didn't sound mad or anything.. when I drink coffee or take a caffeine pill I just start enunciating like crazy for some reason (hence using caps).. I guess that's why people think I'm a dick sometimes because of the way I type lol you should hear me in person.. my gf has to tell me to stop yelling or to calm down all the time, I just get too excited..

Elevate

• Rebel Commander

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2014, 12:01:01 am »

So every year we're gonna have the exact same event and same reward? Oh boy that's going to be real fun.

Ry60003333

• Owner & Operator
  • Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2014, 12:26:40 am »

So every year we're gonna have the exact same event and same reward? Oh boy that's going to be real fun.
This is why we are open to adding custom events, but they will not contain custom rewards. ;)

deadly

• Rebel Soldier

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2014, 01:55:23 am »
While masks, party hats, Santa's would all be nice I think we should stick to non readable rares for the time being since we have a small player base.

In my opinion scythe would be awesome then maybe pumpkin next year followed by masks

Christmas: Santa hats :) 1 hat for the old school players :)

edub

• Veteran
  • Rebel General

• "Heroes will always be remembered, but legends never die."

• Personal Text
    #1 in Mining (99) & Smithing (99)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2014, 07:21:32 am »
I would love to be able to obtain the sythe this halloween

Onur

• Owner & Operator
  • Rebel General

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2014, 09:03:51 am »
I'd like the release of lost city as an event, I mean what's more scarier than a tree spirit huh?

it isnt omar til omar says its omar

The Vanguard

• Rebel Commander

• Personal Text
    Gaze into my eye.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2014, 10:00:41 am »
Nude onur pics, and scythe.
You know that weird flavour in your mouth when you woke up this morning? Yup, that was me.

Tennessee

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2014, 10:55:43 am »

Why does it matter to you? you don't even play? I know for a fact we damn sure won't be seeing you here in 4 years if we do the 2001, 2002, 2003, and 2005 first before choosing to do "custom events" if it doesn't affect you then don't post. Your input isn't valued in the first place.

Austin

• Community Manager
  • Rebel Captain

• Has a nice view of your bedroom

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2014, 07:44:22 pm »
In my opinion the scythe or possibly a custom event related to the 06 event would be fun... i'd rather not have an event where it's just drops. Something like we did with the christmas event would be fun!