Author Topic: I thought stuff was supposed to be picking up this summer?  (Read 4889 times)

Tennessee

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
I thought stuff was supposed to be picking up this summer?
« on: June 11, 2014, 06:50:30 pm »
I mean.. first it was midterms.. then finals.. now it's summer and so much work is supposed to be getting done but all I've read is the stuff from Onur. I guess it's safe to say it's over?

N0va

• Rebel Soldier

• View Profile
Re: I thought stuff was supposed to be picking up this summer?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2014, 08:34:50 pm »
I have no idea what's going on. Ryan was putting out plugins a few months ago but I haven't heard anything since.
I'm not an In-Game developer and I've continuously been asking to be demoted so I did it myself

buttplug

• Community Member
  • Rebel Captain

• Personal Text
    Omar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2014, 09:01:15 pm »
Everyone is busy enjoying summer. Once back to school season comes around.... THEN stuff should definitely pick up

*ahem*

James

• Developer
  • Rebel Captain

• Sean is my son

• Personal Text
    The RR Grandpa
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2014, 10:17:18 pm »
I have been very burnt out, specifically because there isn't anything I can do to bring content that players actually want.

Spawning an NPC here or there isn't worth much, in my opinion.
Hi, I'm James. I'm old as hell.

I need to Java again, lol

Austin

• Community Manager
  • Rebel Captain

• Has a nice view of your bedroom

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2014, 11:40:05 pm »
I have been very burnt out, specifically because there isn't anything I can do to bring content that players actually want.

Spawning an NPC here or there isn't worth much, in my opinion.
Ditto, i've literally given up because there is nothing else I can really do to help... No offense, but Ryan getting two jobs was sealing the deal...

Tennessee

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2014, 11:41:27 pm »
I agree with everything stated so far.. lol I figured somebody would jump on me for posting a thread like this but I think it's safe to say we're either in a really long lull or we're done.. Ryan not wanting anybody to have access to do certain things is commendable in my opinion because we've seen what that's caused in the past but I feel like if he's gotten bored or tired of programming or working on the server he should pass the torch.. I just really want a community.. 20 people or so that are semi-active isn't a community and in my eyes 50 active players is on the edge of a community but I'd like 100+ on at all times to be satisfied and happy with playing. It's not about a competition like it was when I first started.. now I just want to play with other people and like we've all stated it's not going to happen unless all the main content is there.. maybe somebody can reach out to him? or does no one have contact with him?

EDIT: we should definitely have a vote in the community and people who want another person to take over the role of Ryan can do so until Ryan has more time. Who knows it might take a lot off of Ryan's shoulders? Maybe they can get on Skype with him and video/audio "sign" a contract that he can save to his computer (which would relieve him of worrying about a corrupt new owner taking it away from him) and when he gets more time he could come back and take over the project?
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 11:44:15 pm by Tennessee »

Austin

• Community Manager
  • Rebel Captain

• Has a nice view of your bedroom

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2014, 12:20:10 am »
I agree with everything stated so far.. lol I figured somebody would jump on me for posting a thread like this but I think it's safe to say we're either in a really long lull or we're done.. Ryan not wanting anybody to have access to do certain things is commendable in my opinion because we've seen what that's caused in the past but I feel like if he's gotten bored or tired of programming or working on the server he should pass the torch.. I just really want a community.. 20 people or so that are semi-active isn't a community and in my eyes 50 active players is on the edge of a community but I'd like 100+ on at all times to be satisfied and happy with playing. It's not about a competition like it was when I first started.. now I just want to play with other people and like we've all stated it's not going to happen unless all the main content is there.. maybe somebody can reach out to him? or does no one have contact with him?

EDIT: we should definitely have a vote in the community and people who want another person to take over the role of Ryan can do so until Ryan has more time. Who knows it might take a lot off of Ryan's shoulders? Maybe they can get on Skype with him and video/audio "sign" a contract that he can save to his computer (which would relieve him of worrying about a corrupt new owner taking it away from him) and when he gets more time he could come back and take over the project?
The thing is, Ryan codes in his own way... to have someone else take over would be like somebody trying to read someones hand writing which is in cursive and spanish and then writing off that as if you knew what it was talking about LOL

Onur

• Owner & Operator
  • Rebel General

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2014, 04:46:33 am »

The thing is, Ryan codes in his own way... to have someone else take over would be like somebody trying to read someones hand writing which is in cursive and spanish and then writing off that as if you knew what it was talking about LOL

So like my handwriting? :3

it isnt omar til omar says its omar

buttplug

• Community Member
  • Rebel Captain

• Personal Text
    Omar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2014, 12:25:08 pm »
rip run rabels ;_;
i crey evry tiem

Tennessee

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2014, 06:48:12 pm »

oh ok. I know nothing about coding or anything like that so I didn't know it could be written that way. I thought all code followed the same template kind of.. I see what you're saying. Well, I guess it was a good run.. does nobody have any contact with him? like, could he technically be dead for all we know? serious question..

N0va

• Rebel Soldier

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2014, 07:26:52 pm »
Lol, Ryan never responds on Skype.
I'm not an In-Game developer and I've continuously been asking to be demoted so I did it myself

Onur

• Owner & Operator
  • Rebel General

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2014, 07:47:39 pm »
Ryun has 2 work to pay for me, so he got a job, he's almost with what he had to do, meanwhile' i passed my fucking finals so stleast i got some motivation, the next update is gonna be AMAZINKKKKKKK.
A new boss, new items, AND FUCKING FLYING CARPETS

HOPE I DIDNT SPOIL IT TOO MUCH

KBYE

it isnt omar til omar says its omar

buttplug

• Community Member
  • Rebel Captain

• Personal Text
    Omar
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2014, 11:04:13 pm »
Ryun has 2 work to pay for me, so he got a job, he's almost with what he had to do, meanwhile' i passed my fucking finals so stleast i got some motivation, the next update is gonna be AMAZINKKKKKKK.

KBYE

*at least

not only did you spell it wrong but its TWO words

shame on u omar

Brothership

• Quest Developer
  • Rebel Captain

• Onurs bitch.

• Personal Text
    Hey, you're pretty fly for a white guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2014, 03:57:16 am »

KBYE

*at least

not only did you spell it wrong but its TWO words

shame on u omar
AMAZIIINK!!!!
The original G. Literally.

Winning

• Rebel Commander

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2014, 08:53:19 pm »
HA you thought they'd keep there word. xD

EDIT: I shouldn't say they cause I know a couple of the devs that wanna get stuff done, but Ryan won't soooo in that case.

Ha you thought Ryan would keep his word.*
« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 12:16:01 am by Winning »
I'm back baby ;)