Author Topic: Need moar players...  (Read 5361 times)

Gh0stPred

• Rebel Soldier

• Streams at around 5PM GMT+1 (British Summer Time)

• Personal Text
    Yello
    • View Profile
    • Ustream Link
Need moar players...
« on: April 05, 2014, 05:35:03 am »
To be honest we should really have a whole load of new advertisements and everything like that so we can get more people in the game. Because this has sooooo much potential just no one is Joining. If we post to the top RSPS forums and also do YouTube Videos, Streaming, and spamming it on other RSPS I'm sure we can get a whole load more players because I don't like having just like 1 - 2 people online and all that it just doesn't make it fun and unmotivates people.

I'm not bitching or anything like that just would make the game 100x better if we did a massive advertisement campaign to get more players online :)

Slayer

• Veteran
  • Rebel Captain

• HEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEY

• Personal Text
    Namechange Sento -> Slayer
    • View Profile
Re: Need moar players...
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2014, 05:46:29 am »
We already got a new head of advertisement, meanwhile you can vote daily :) that would also help out runerebels

http://www.runerebels.com/smf/index.php?topic=6222.0

Prayer

• Player Moderator
  • Rebel General

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2014, 01:46:39 pm »
From my perspective, I think we would need more content to maintain a vast amount of players. If we brought in lots of people, they'd end up leaving because there's not much to do.

buttplug

• Community Member
  • Rebel Captain

• Personal Text
    Omar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2014, 02:30:53 pm »
To be honest we should really have a whole load of new advertisements and everything like that so we can get more people in the game. Because this has sooooo much potential just no one is Joining. If we post to the top RSPS forums and also do YouTube Videos, Streaming, and spamming it on other RSPS I'm sure we can get a whole load more players because I don't like having just like 1 - 2 people online and all that it just doesn't make it fun and unmotivates people.

I'm not bitching or anything like that just would make the game 100x better if we did a massive advertisement campaign to get more players online :)

Nah m8 the tides are changing in the world of Runescape private server remakes. From what I keep hearing, Jagex is running its 07 server into the ground faster and faster each day. Once it reaches the optimum level of mediocrity, we advertise the shit out of RR as a superior remake. Players fed up with 07 will flood back here (assuming 2.1 is out by then, otherwise we'd need more content).

Slayer

• Veteran
  • Rebel Captain

• HEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEY

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2014, 03:25:16 pm »

Nah m8 the tides are changing in the world of Runescape private server remakes. From what I keep hearing, Jagex is running its 07 server into the ground faster and faster each day. Once it reaches the optimum level of mediocrity, we advertise the shit out of RR as a superior remake. Players fed up with 07 will flood back here (assuming 2.1 is out by then, otherwise we'd need more content).
Rs07 isnt turning in shit at all, they add new content etc, looks so much better ;)

Donliri

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2014, 06:13:06 pm »
advertising now would be the perfect moment since 06 is down, players are looking for a new server to play, advertising now and updating content would be perfect at this point.

Winning

• Rebel Commander

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2014, 08:12:06 pm »
advertising now would be the perfect moment since 06 is down, players are looking for a new server to play, advertising now and updating content would be perfect at this point.

Want more players, increase xp rates would do it. I KNOW IT WON'T BE DONE. But it would do it.
I'm back baby ;)

Ry60003333

• Owner & Operator
  • Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2014, 10:18:23 pm »
We do need more players; but we have a reputation problem right now that is preventing new players from joining, and we may need to change the XP rate and other things.

buttplug

• Community Member
  • Rebel Captain

• Personal Text
    Omar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2014, 10:39:34 pm »

Rs07 isnt turning in shit at all, they add new content etc, looks so much better ;)

That's the best part.
Jagex will keep insisting that it isn't turning to shit while the players know better which ALWAYS pisses off people. If they were to admit they're ruining themselves (again) and fix it, people would definitely stay on their server. But if they make it worse while still saying "NAH GUYS ITS COOL" people will get fed up and leave. The moment 2.1 comes out we should start advertising out the ass.

Gh0stPred

• Rebel Soldier

• Streams at around 5PM GMT+1 (British Summer Time)

• Personal Text
    Yello
    • View Profile
    • Ustream Link
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2014, 05:22:35 pm »
We do need more players; but we have a reputation problem right now that is preventing new players from joining, and we may need to change the XP rate and other things.

What was the rep problem???? I haven't heard any rumours from you at all???

Stuart

• Developer
  • Rebel General

• #1 Coolest Person HURR

• Personal Text
    Thanks Omar. Its your fault.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2014, 06:02:38 pm »
No XP rate change please. Its perfect how it is. I'd rather have a smaller community with an amazing economy than a huge playerbase with a shitty economy.

Slayer

• Veteran
  • Rebel Captain

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2014, 12:48:21 am »
No XP rate change please. Its perfect how it is. I'd rather have a smaller community with an amazing economy than a huge playerbase with a shitty economy.
How is 500ea+ amazing for bowstring

Stuart

• Developer
  • Rebel General

• #1 Coolest Person HURR

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2014, 01:29:27 am »
How is 500ea+ amazing for bowstring
Thats just people paying overprice on purpose. If more people were to join and started to pick and spin flax more, the price would drop. That is how an economy works, supply and demand.

Ry60003333

• Owner & Operator
  • Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2014, 02:05:10 am »
So you are saying we should add a Grand Exchange? ::)

Stuart

• Developer
  • Rebel General

• #1 Coolest Person HURR

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2014, 02:08:57 am »
So you are saying we should add a Grand Exchange? ::)
That is not at all what I am saying. The economy before the grand exchange came out in 2008 was freaking awesome. They only put it in to compensate for the limits on trading which was to prevent scamming and Real world trading.