Author Topic: January 2nd, Downtime  (Read 10077 times)

Stuart

• Developer
  • Rebel General

• #1 Coolest Person HURR

• Personal Text
    Thanks Omar. Its your fault.
    • View Profile
Re: January 2nd, Downtime
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2014, 05:51:36 pm »
I respect your abilities to accomplish this, but I don't respect how you brag about it. It isn't the most obvious boasting, but still this really isn't boasting worthy. Don't get me wrong, I look up to you as a programmer as you're obviously better than me, but boasting isn't cool. Either way, nice work and I am glad to see everything back up and running smoothly.

He does quite a bit with his phone to keep the server running though.

I never said he didn't. I admire his work, but he could be a bit less arrogant about it.

Austin

• Community Manager
  • Rebel Captain

• Has a nice view of your bedroom

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2014, 05:57:50 pm »
I respect your abilities to accomplish this, but I don't respect how you brag about it. It isn't the most obvious boasting, but still this really isn't boasting worthy. Don't get me wrong, I look up to you as a programmer as you're obviously better than me, but boasting isn't cool. Either way, nice work and I am glad to see everything back up and running smoothly.

I never said he didn't. I admire his work, but he could be a bit less arrogant about it.
The only reason why Ryan had to explain his work is because if he didn't we would get people complaining that the server is down and what not and "OMG the server is a bit laggy!" Well If we didn't explain how it works then everybody would assume his internet is back up but it's laggy. We would get forum spam saying the forums are laggy and we just didn't want to deal with it. He was in no way trying to "brag" about his work. He was trying to show people that he is doing his best to keep the server up no matter what happens to show how dedicated us as a staff team are. I'm sorry that you seem to think he's bragging because he really isn't. If we are to be the best remake out there, we have to show how much dedication we really put into this server. For those of you saying "Oh this staff member doesn't do any work." WE ALL DO WORK. You may not all see it but every nook and cranny of the server has a god damn job and staff member assigned to it. We have assignments listed out on the administrator section of the forums for each and every staff member. So please everyone stop being so negative because it really sucks to hear that people think you don't do work when really your spending hours and hours invested into making the server better but just because they can't see it automatically means you don't do anything.

-i'm sorry for the rant but I really had to get that off my chest

Stuart

• Developer
  • Rebel General

• #1 Coolest Person HURR

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2014, 06:20:03 pm »

The only reason why Ryan had to explain his work is because if he didn't we would get people complaining that the server is down and what not and "OMG the server is a bit laggy!" Well If we didn't explain how it works then everybody would assume his internet is back up but it's laggy. We would get forum spam saying the forums are laggy and we just didn't want to deal with it. He was in no way trying to "brag" about his work. He was trying to show people that he is doing his best to keep the server up no matter what happens to show how dedicated us as a staff team are. I'm sorry that you seem to think he's bragging because he really isn't. If we are to be the best remake out there, we have to show how much dedication we really put into this server. For those of you saying "Oh this staff member doesn't do any work." WE ALL DO WORK. You may not all see it but every nook and cranny of the server has a god damn job and staff member assigned to it. We have assignments listed out on the administrator section of the forums for each and every staff member. So please everyone stop being so negative because it really sucks to hear that people think you don't do work when really your spending hours and hours invested into making the server better but just because they can't see it automatically means you don't do anything.

-i'm sorry for the rant but I really had to get that off my chest
I never said I didn't think he worked hard, or any of you at that. I know you do. However, there is a certain element of arrogance embroiled into that work that most people don't bother looking for.

Tennessee

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2014, 06:24:58 pm »
Riipiin just stfu. I don't care if he was telling me he banged my mom and was laughing in my face.. bottom line, they don't have to do this at all and if you care about someone being arrogant (which I don't think he was) you should just go somewhere else. I'd take all the arrogance in the world for a playable game.. ffs.

Kevin

• Veteran
  • Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2014, 06:26:56 pm »
Alright guys, let's just celebrate the site being back online.

Stuart

• Developer
  • Rebel General

• #1 Coolest Person HURR

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2014, 06:28:40 pm »
Riipiin just stfu. I don't care if he was telling me he banged my mom and was laughing in my face.. bottom line, they don't have to do this at all and if you care about someone being arrogant (which I don't think he was) you should just go somewhere else. I'd take all the arrogance in the world for a playable game.. ffs.
You obviously lack the ability to maturely process what i am talking about.

Alright guys, let's just celebrate the site being back online.
Was stupid of me to post what I said, but I stand behind what I say. I also said I didn't want this to happen, but I did also say I was happy that everything is back.

Brothership

• Quest Developer
  • Rebel Captain

• Onurs bitch.

• Personal Text
    Hey, you're pretty fly for a white guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2014, 06:31:58 pm »
Yay now lets be happy and eat cookies and drink blue dew yay!
The original G. Literally.

Austin

• Community Manager
  • Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2014, 06:36:30 pm »
Alright any more posts that can further flame wars will be removed.

D E A T H

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2014, 08:05:13 pm »
Damn Good job Ryan wish I knew how to code like you! :)

Kendall

• Rebel Captain

• Personal Text
    u dont even drink blue dew
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2014, 08:12:46 pm »
Yay now lets be happy and eat cookies and drink blue dew yay!
Yes please

Tennessee

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2014, 09:36:06 pm »
is the game up right now? I've been kicked off for about 45 minutes and I have no way of telling if anybody else is up and going or not?

Austin

• Community Manager
  • Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2014, 09:39:35 pm »
is the game up right now? I've been kicked off for about 45 minutes and I have no way of telling if anybody else is up and going or not?
It's up, what does it say exactly when you try to log in?

Slayer

• Veteran
  • Rebel Captain

• HEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEY

• Personal Text
    Namechange Sento -> Slayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2014, 09:41:57 pm »
*Confession Bear*
I actually like it when ryan tells me what he did :'(

Tennessee

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2014, 09:53:06 pm »

well I was kicked randomly and the website went down and everything for me about an hour ago and then I would try to log back in and it would say it couldn't connect so try a different world or something along those lines and now it's just saying "error connecting to server". It's doing it for all my accounts not just on the clients but on the site as well. Forums have been working fine for me as of about 30 minutes ago

Austin

• Community Manager
  • Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2014, 09:57:47 pm »

well I was kicked randomly and the website went down and everything for me about an hour ago and then I would try to log back in and it would say it couldn't connect so try a different world or something along those lines and now it's just saying "error connecting to server". It's doing it for all my accounts not just on the clients but on the site as well. Forums have been working fine for me as of about 30 minutes ago
This has been happening with a lot of people. As of now just change the port to 43596 and you will be playing on world 2. Until then your going to have to wait till we update world 1 so that your account is fixed.