Author Topic: Forum Suggestions  (Read 17554 times)

Austin

• Community Manager
  • Rebel Captain

• Has a nice view of your bedroom

• View Profile
Re: Forum Suggestions
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2014, 06:53:41 pm »
I've got a forum suggestion.
Wouldn't it be better if there was a Screenshot section for the General Board? Images\Screenshots of RuneRebels wouldn't fit in any other section except General Media & Graphical Design, but that's in Miscellaneous Boards which is for things not related to RuneRebels..
The misc. board isn't for things not related to RR O.o it's for things that aren't listed lol...

Prayer

• Player Moderator
  • Rebel General

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2014, 06:55:47 pm »
I've got a forum suggestion.
Wouldn't it be better if there was a Screenshot section for the General Board? Images\Screenshots of RuneRebels wouldn't fit in any other section except General Media & Graphical Design, but that's in Miscellaneous Boards which is for things not related to RuneRebels..
The misc. board isn't for things not related to RR O.o it's for things that aren't listed lol...

if it's for things that aren't listed, why not list it? o.o

Anyways, look at the misc board, it's filled with Other Games, Current World Events, Forum Games, & Off topic... I don't think rr screenshots should be around there

Prayer

• Player Moderator
  • Rebel General

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2014, 04:34:40 pm »
What does "reputation" sound like for our forums? With a rep system people will start being more helpful, and will post more thoughtful replies\posts in hopes of getting higher reputation. This might be worthless now, but when we have much more players I think it'll do a good job. Thoughts?

simplicity

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2014, 06:00:12 pm »
What does "reputation" sound like for our forums? With a rep system people will start being more helpful, and will post more thoughtful replies\posts in hopes of getting higher reputation. This might be worthless now, but when we have much more players I think it'll do a good job. Thoughts?
A fault of having a rep system, is some people might give rep points to a friend and give negative rep points to someone they don't like, not on the basis of that person contributing a useful post/thread. If only forum moderators were the only one's that could give reputation points, then I would trust that system more. But from other forums I see, the whole rep system is usually abused.

Heres an idea that came to mind.
We could have a most thoughtful post of the month/week, where whoever posts gets a reward of ingame items. If some users would be willingly to donate a few items that could work. Also we could have a challenge where somebody tries to make a useful guide. And the person who makes the most useful, and entertaining guide wins a prize, possibly a forum title or ingame items from people who are willingly to donate. I am willingly to donate a few items if this were to happen.

N0vapur3

• Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2014, 12:15:26 pm »

People just farm Rep while others just ignore it completely. I'd like a Thank system though.

Prayer

• Player Moderator
  • Rebel General

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2014, 01:20:38 pm »

People just farm Rep while others just ignore it completely. I'd like a Thank system though.

Well yes that'd be great to have.

N0vapur3

• Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2014, 01:29:50 pm »

Well yes that'd be great to have.

My rep is 100% legitNo....no it's not.

I want these forums to be just like this one ;_;

Prayer

• Player Moderator
  • Rebel General

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2014, 01:33:48 pm »
How did you get your "not so legit" rep\thanks?

N0vapur3

• Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2014, 01:56:28 pm »

The Thanks were legit, as for the rep, some people kept giving me rep.

Prayer

• Player Moderator
  • Rebel General

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2014, 01:59:02 pm »

The Thanks were legit, as for the rep, some people kept giving me rep.

I don't even see rep there? o.o

Pur3 5tr7

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2015, 11:51:38 pm »
Well, you see that hideous post count graphic under everyone's avatar? You could do something about that.

ZzReVeNg3zZ

• Donator
  • Rebel Commander

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2015, 10:58:55 pm »
I don't know if you're still taking forum suggestions, but you ought to add a shoutbox or IRC.

I often drop by randomly, but most of the time I see no reason to make a post. If there were an IRC we would be able to talk without having to spam up the forum!

Hello, by the way. See my point?!

Prayer

• Player Moderator
  • Rebel General

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2017, 05:34:56 pm »
forum suggestion:
change from 'HighScores' to 'HiScores', like how Runescape had in in 2006, and how 2007 has it.

look at the top it says 'Hiscore'

Ry60003333

• Owner & Operator
  • Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2017, 03:21:19 am »
forum suggestion:
change from 'HighScores' to 'HiScores', like how Runescape had in in 2006, and how 2007 has it.

Interesting idea!
Reference code: blitz/website#1

Prayer

• Player Moderator
  • Rebel General

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2017, 05:05:03 pm »
another suggestion would be to add the highscores on the top menu for people that are not logged in.