Author Topic: Client Size?  (Read 2637 times)

TN2

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
Client Size?
« on: December 28, 2013, 06:42:17 pm »
How do you go about changing the client window size??

Gornu

• Player Moderator
  • Rebel Captain

• Archmage of Fox Cities

• Personal Text
    World 6? Cakewalk.
    • View Profile
Re: Client Size?
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2013, 07:41:12 pm »
It is set to 640x480 so the client can show the graphics proper.  Perhaps there is no way to adjust the size of the client due to limitations on how java shows it.  Try lowering your resolution to 1024x768 and the client will be bigger.  This may adjust your desktop icons that are out of place.  If you have a 16:9 screen perhaps a better alternative, what I do, is have the resolution at 1280x720.

|-|-|-|-|-|
|-|-|-|-|-|
|-|-|-|-|-|
|-|-|-|-|-|
Copy and paste this to add Waffles in RuneRebels! We have Chocolate, and Beer, why not

Prayer

• Player Moderator
  • Rebel General

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2013, 08:16:45 pm »
Why would you like the change the client size? The extra size you're adding might just be white.

N0vapur3

• Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2013, 08:48:24 pm »
Why would you like the change the client size? The extra size you're adding might just be white.

Well, for me, I get this problem (At the top, it's cut off). I only have this problem with clients every now and then.

Prayer

• Player Moderator
  • Rebel General

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2013, 08:51:34 pm »

Well, for me, I get this problem (At the top, it's cut off). I only have this problem with clients every now and then.

I'm not sure but it may be the top of the client, notice how the bar with the title at the top is extremely large o.o

TN2

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2013, 09:17:35 pm »
It is set to 640x480 so the client can show the graphics proper.  Perhaps there is no way to adjust the size of the client due to limitations on how java shows it.  Try lowering your resolution to 1024x768 and the client will be bigger.  This may adjust your desktop icons that are out of place.  If you have a 16:9 screen perhaps a better alternative, what I do, is have the resolution at 1280x720.

I would like to make it smaller though :/

TN2

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2013, 09:18:30 pm »

I just want to have a smaller client to have a bigger desktop area to work with I guess is what I'm trying to say.

N0vapur3

• Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2013, 09:20:25 pm »
All the clients I use are that format but a very small margin of servers I've played have the problem where it cuts off.

Gornu

• Player Moderator
  • Rebel Captain

• Archmage of Fox Cities

• Personal Text
    World 6? Cakewalk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2013, 11:12:28 pm »
Well, if you want to have the client smaller, then just pick a higher resolution for your screen, as long as your video card can handle a higher setting.

As far as the client clipping under the title bar, just pick classic windows in personalized settings, or pick small icons for default window buttons as bigger window buttons means a bigger title bar.

|-|-|-|-|-|
|-|-|-|-|-|
|-|-|-|-|-|
|-|-|-|-|-|
Copy and paste this to add Waffles in RuneRebels! We have Chocolate, and Beer, why not