Author Topic: Donating  (Read 5017 times)

Jack

• Rebel Leader

• Personal Text
    225th Member
    • View Profile
    • RuneRebels
Donating
« on: June 29, 2012, 07:46:10 am »
It doesn't look professional slapping a donators board on there, it looks like to players 'donate' or the server won't be great because we won't make it great. That's why I thought this was different to WS before you added this.
Signature Removed.
----

Gear Second

• Rebel Recruit

• Personal Text
    One Piece FTW!
    • View Profile
    • firstclassop
Re: Donating
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2012, 07:55:06 am »
Servers need donations, they did not say that you need an obligation to donate. It does not say you get special privileges. So I see nothing wrong with it. If people like to help then they have every right to do so. If you can't It's fine; they made the server for their players, not for donations.

Kevin

• Veteran
  • Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2012, 08:23:52 am »
We aren't forcing it, and we aren't paying anyone. The only thing we need money for at this point is the servers to host.

Jack

• Rebel Leader

• Personal Text
    225th Member
    • View Profile
    • RuneRebels
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2012, 09:03:14 am »
Fair enough, I hope that you remove the donating board and make it something different.
Signature Removed.
----

Seva

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2012, 06:17:29 pm »
No one is forcing you to donate a penny. We do this for the love of the game, not the money. As we mentioned before, donating helps keep the forums and game running. Servers tend to be expensive, and with an expanding player base, more servers are going to be necessary to run things.
Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand. —Kurt Vonnegut

Jake

• Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2012, 08:36:19 pm »
Donators need some incentive. I know all you people will be like "When you Donate you don't get anything back", If you do that then no one will Donate. People who have been with All-Go-Free for a while will know this.

It's only one board. Not much to be missing out on.

Seva

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2012, 11:53:38 pm »
I would hope knowing that they are able to keep the game and forum running with their donations is enough incentive. You also get a fancy donator status.  ;D
Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand. —Kurt Vonnegut

Bri

• Rebel Recruit

• Personal Text
    Haha.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2012, 12:53:41 am »
I don't think it's tacky or anything. The thing is, if you get 2006 players like me to join we'd be happy to donate for no official incentive. In fact I'd prefer it. It helps keep the game you love running, so why not? Plus if people got items and stuff for donating it would honestly KILL it  for me. I always quit servers that give items to donators. It's an unfair advantage because not everyone can affourd $30 dollars for a silly hat that will make you rich.