Author Topic: The end of Rune rebels?  (Read 7043 times)

ohioplayer7

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
The end of Rune rebels?
« on: February 16, 2013, 09:52:22 pm »
Edit: sorry for old news didn't check forum
From what I have concluded, this servers goal is to create a exact replica of Runescape 2006. You guys have been very good at attempting this, but one company hates you, along with 130,000 players willing to play Jagex 2007 runescape.
In case any of you haven't heard Runescape is releasing Runescape 2007, the 50k minimum votes are already there. 2007 is the oldest full backup they have, and still before GE, and COE. So good luck because I love this server but you guys need to rethink your entire reason for making this server, cause you can no longer be the best 2006 remake. (excluding community)

http://services.runescape.com/m=poll/rs2007-server

(if outside links not aloud please remove, or if this is considered advertisement)
« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 10:15:45 pm by ohioplayer7 »

HappyguyForum

• Rebel General

• Personal Text
    Don't ever play leapfrog with a Unicorn...
    • View Profile
Re: The end of Rune rebels?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2013, 09:57:52 pm »
first of all, we are remaking 06, not 07, and second of all, half those people aren't going to stay at runescape. There is a reason why we quit rs. The new owners were horrible, the new updates were terrible (but thats not this case), the community was just full of BS, and we were all growing up. People are not gonna have time to sit there and replay their childhood again. Half those people voting i can garuntee you, aren't gonna play if its gonna cost 15$ extra to play their childhood. Even 5$ extra will start to add up and they will be like, "uhhh yea this is getting boring, been there, done that, im over it already". The thing that makes us different, is we are just a quiet little community who just likes to have fun, and relive memorys. With 1x xp and a loud, obnoxious community. I don't think they will be able to keep all their now 20 or so year old players occupied.
Selling sets of armor bronze-mith. message me in game for the prices if interested :P -happyguy3216

Ow

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2013, 09:58:56 pm »
From what I have concluded, this servers goal is to create a exact replica of Runescape 2007.

130,000 players willing to play Jagex 2007 runescape.

cause you can no longer be the best 2006 remake.

Not sure if troll or extremely stupid

ohioplayer7

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2013, 10:03:40 pm »
first of all, we are remaking 06, not 07, and second of all, half those people aren't going to stay at runescape. There is a reason why we quit rs. The new owners were horrible, the new updates were terrible (but thats not this case), the community was just full of BS, and we were all growing up. People are not gonna have time to sit there and replay their childhood again. Half those people voting i can garuntee you, aren't gonna play if its gonna cost 15$ extra to play their childhood. Even 5$ extra will start to add up and they will be like, "uhhh yea this is getting boring, been there, done that, im over it already". The thing that makes us different, is we are just a quiet little community who just likes to have fun, and relive memorys. With 1x xp and a loud, obnoxious community. I don't think they will be able to keep all their now 20 or so year old players occupied.

The 06/07 argument is weak, changes were not that significant directly compared to GE/EOC I genuinely believe that people will be happy to jump on the bandwagon of having a chance at being one of the richest people in runescpae, since the economy is starting from scratch. The community will initially be many veterans, and more may even return. Also they could get enough votes to make it free/members just like in 07.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 10:06:04 pm by ohioplayer7 »

ohioplayer7

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2013, 10:04:31 pm »
From what I have concluded, this servers goal is to create a exact replica of Runescape 2007.

130,000 players willing to play Jagex 2007 runescape.

cause you can no longer be the best 2006 remake.

Not sure if troll or extremely stupid

1 freaking typo you get my point.

HappyguyForum

• Rebel General

• Personal Text
    Don't ever play leapfrog with a Unicorn...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2013, 10:10:33 pm »

The 06/07 argument is weak, changes were not that significant directly compared to GE/EOC I genuinely believe that people will be happy to jump on the bandwagon of having a chance at being one of the richest people in runescpae, since the economy is starting from scratch. The community will initially be many veterans, and more may even return. Also they could get enough votes to make it free/members just like in 07.
20 year olds wont have time to play the game and pay 20$ for days apon days anymore. This should have happened a long time ago. At this point in time, alot of them won't stay. They have jobs, and some have familys. Its just not gonna happen.
Selling sets of armor bronze-mith. message me in game for the prices if interested :P -happyguy3216

Kevin

• Veteran
  • Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2013, 10:11:10 pm »
No. We will not stop. Runerebels will keep on with development.

Olivia020

• Donator
  • Rebel Soldier

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2013, 11:16:42 pm »
130,000 people aren't against us.

I voted and i'd still play runerebels.

Why?

1. It's jagex LTD, I hate jagex because they don't create, they destroy, hence why I'm here
2. 15 Dollars for membership + your 8 dollars you pay monthly, I rather pay my 8 bucks to RuneRebels to help pay for VPS hosting.
3. They would either update the game and change it again past the point of people saying it was good, or they will just leave it to die like they did with RuneScape Classic
4. $$ adds up for you, but jagex is getting over 6 million dollars if every 750,000 people vote, they already have 1 million now.
5. RuneRebels is hosted by a group of developers and staff who actually care about this game to remake it, you don't have to worry about them throwing in a content like LETS MAKE THIS A 508 SERVER INSTEAD! no, it would never happen. You can't speak the same for jagex.
6. Although it would hurt the player base for RuneRebels, I'm sure the amount of people would not wanna start over, or, just feel safer with RuneRebels. As do I.
7. Better staff team here then on RuneScape
8. Free membership here.
9. Respected and helpful community.
10. Why trust jagex again when they are known for ruining your childhood plenty of times.

Sherry

• Rebel Leader

• Personal Text
    Croaked the raven,"nevermore"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2013, 11:51:00 pm »
I don't even know where to start to refute this oppinion in all honosty, its just full of such garbage  ::)
Sherry Birkin, United States

Jake

• Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2013, 11:53:20 pm »
RuneRebels has just started. There's limited to no chance of it ending. This game, RuneRebels, will be a huge step for 06 remakes and rsps's in general. This server will go down as one of the best servers created, ever.

We have much longer to go I assure you that. Whether you're around or not is up to you. But I sure as hell wouldn't miss it for the world.

ohioplayer7

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2013, 01:57:12 am »
RuneRebels has just started. There's limited to no chance of it ending. This game, RuneRebels, will be a huge step for 06 remakes and rsps's in general. This server will go down as one of the best servers created, ever.

We have much longer to go I assure you that. Whether you're around or not is up to you. But I sure as hell wouldn't miss it for the world.

I by no means am leaving until Jagex offers free Castle Wars (which will be never), however rsps will receive a (perhaps temporary) decline if they get 750k votes. You guys have a good server but,
you are trying to make a 06 era server, you still have a lot of bugs, etc.
Jagex IS releasing a fully functional server from the same era in a couple of months
They are the ones who invented runescape lets not forget (give them some credit), and will have new coders fixing additional bugs.
Private servers are a knockoff in general ( or a time machine). Either ways you can keep coding away but Jagex will beat you to the punch of having a 2006ish server that works perfectly.

Jrub

• Rebel Captain

• Personal Text
    Praise ms
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2013, 02:10:59 am »
nope

besides if people do end up having to pay $15 a month EXTRA on top of the current membership, I doubt it would

even $5 on top of the current membership price

RR on the otherhand..
free  :o

Jake

• Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2013, 02:17:49 am »
Jagex IS releasing a fully functional server from the same era in a couple of months
They are the ones who invented runescape lets not forget (give them some credit), and will have new coders fixing additional bugs.
Private servers are a knockoff in general ( or a time machine). Either ways you can keep coding away but Jagex will beat you to the punch of having a 2006ish server that works perfectly.
But then you have to think this server is going to have updates regularly, which is going to entertain and amuse most people. What's runescape going to have? 1 finished game with no extra updates, No fresh/new content, Horrible staff, A player base filled mostly with horrid humans and immature people. This game will out do this 'new' runescape bs. I don't agree with raps declining either. 90% of the people who play rsps only play because of the hate that they have for Jagex. I don't see this changing much, Maybe a couple of C grade servers losing players but nothing major.

Ghost

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2013, 02:20:44 am »
Ohioplayer, I will never play an 07 remake at all. I grew up on the original RS2 interface that is implemented in this server.

The logout button is at the bottom, not some crappy little "x" on the top right. This is the interface and closest replica I can find that was my memories from a time long ago. I will proudly stick with this server and make the contribution that this community, the devs, and the owners deserve.

Sincerly,

A proud 06 player, not an 07 player.

ohioplayer7

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2013, 02:32:06 am »
Everyone seems to forget they non of you wouldn't be "here" if it wasn't for the evil hated Jagex. I think most people left rs not because of some magical unknown hatred of Jagex, or even the mods, but mainly because of the updates like the G.E. and E.O.C. If Jagex really offers to roll some of these changes back on a special server I think not everyone will be so big headed, but perhaps give them a second chance. They created a the original game, and managed to attract millions of players (including all of you) even with their "horrible staff" and "horrible community". And still even with their updates maintain millions of members, and are coming out with "runescape 3" that will actually play on my tablet. I'm not hating on private servers, but we can't hate Jagex jsut because it's cool, you can't even judge them by thier past actions entirely, since they showing that they are trying to change with the polls for free trade and wildy, and now rs 2007.