Author Topic: Xp Rate?  (Read 8167 times)

Coordinates

• Rebel Soldier

• Personal Text
    99 Woodcutting
    • View Profile
    • Coordinates - Home
Re: Xp Rate?
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2013, 10:11:52 pm »
I understand that you want it to be closer to the original, but times have changed and I don't think most people can adapt to the way experience is gained. Most people have either played RuneScape or another private server recently with either faster ways to get experience, or higher experience rate. Because of that, people begin to grow impatient when training on the older, slow methods of training that were the best at this time. Because of this, a boost in experience is almost necessary to keep an active player base.

I hope you understand what I'm getting at here.  I don't think having 2x experience makes so much of a difference in the remake factor as most people think it does. I hope you understand and still want to play even though it'll be 2x experience.

pilldom

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2013, 10:14:37 pm »
2x really isnt that fast. It seems fast at first but once you get to the higher level it slows back down. Sure maybe the level of accomplishment has gone down some, but logically, if it took you a month to get a 99 before, its now gonna take you 2 weeks. 2 weeks is still a pretty long time. As kendall said, you had to put a lot of time into runescape to get good, and I know I certainly don't want to have to put that same amount of time back in.

IAmGod

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2013, 03:49:03 pm »
I feel that 3x would be better...2 weeks for a single 99 is simply too long.  I come to play RSPS to achieve the things I never could in original Runescape because they were too time consuming; Even 2.5x faster would make enough of a difference in my opinion.

scrilla

• Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2013, 04:50:43 pm »
na way to fast

Cheshire Cat

• Veteran
  • Rebel Captain

• Personal Text
    Away for personal reasons.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2013, 07:05:24 pm »
I like it at 1.5x - 2.0x, seems to be the best rate to be at imo.

keegin6

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2013, 03:57:35 pm »
to be honest.... if they were 1x runescape's jagex would complain

ffs victory

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2013, 04:57:46 pm »
there's no way the xp rate is too fast. If anything it's too slow. I think somewhere between 4-5x xp rate is good. We don't want to grind a game forever do we? It's suppose to be fun and a 99 achieved with even a 5x xp rate would still be valuable.

scrilla

• Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2013, 05:32:00 pm »
'ffs victory' 4 days for a 99 is not acceptable, its spose to be a rs06 remake not rs06 remake but x4 exp rate

Ruby

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2013, 08:42:29 am »
I think x2 is the best XP rate we can have. When I was making my remake (back in the day) we had x4 and it was still hard to get our levels up but it wasn't as realistic as we'd have liked it to be. I believe 2x would suffice for fast enough leveling but bringing forward the realistic RuneScape feel.

Uradopted

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2013, 04:05:59 pm »
i have a suggestion then for those that want 1x xp rates. make a command say ::togglexp then itll change ur xp rate to 1x and vise versa

Brodie

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2013, 04:09:55 pm »
i have a suggestion then for those that want 1x xp rates. make a command say ::togglexp then itll change ur xp rate to 1x and vise versa

Sounds good, but I think most of the community wants everyone to be on 1x not just themselves. Very good idea though, but I'd only have it stuck between 1x-2x and no higher.

All your threads are belong to us.

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2013, 04:16:23 pm »
I feel that 3x would be better...2 weeks for a single 99 is simply too long.  I come to play RSPS to achieve the things I never could in original Runescape because they were too time consuming; Even 2.5x faster would make enough of a difference in my opinion.
2 weeks is too long? If you just want to get high levels, play Worldscape or something.

HappyguyForum

• Rebel General

• Personal Text
    Don't ever play leapfrog with a Unicorn...
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2013, 04:57:54 pm »
commands are being removed soon, and this would cause way to much chaos within the community.
Selling sets of armor bronze-mith. message me in game for the prices if interested :P -happyguy3216

scrilla

• Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2013, 05:12:18 pm »
Now from personally skilling im happy with x2, id also be happier with x1.5, obviously x1 is the best but its still extremely long for a 99 :)

DesertRain

• Donator
  • Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2013, 06:12:42 pm »
I like the 2x. :)
DesertRain

Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose,
Nothing don't mean nothing honey if it ain't free -- JJ