Author Topic: Quests + Donations  (Read 2057 times)

Rogan

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
Quests + Donations
« on: February 08, 2013, 02:18:42 pm »
i see quests are soon to be added,
So does that mean that they will be full quests with full reqs?

if so can you implement a donation system for certain quests. Questing isnt for everyone that is the part of rs some/most people dispise. im sure many people would be in favour of donating to have certain quests complete.

i know there are implications because like for dt you need 53 thieve.

of course we cant decide this now but i cant see alot of people wanting to fully quest up a pking account again.

Need help with anything? PM: Rogan

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
Re: Quests + Donations
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2013, 02:21:44 pm »
No, everyone should have to do the quests themselves.

Olivia020

• Donator
  • Rebel Soldier

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2013, 02:22:38 pm »
Quests will be fully done as this is a 2006 remake server. Rune Rebels goal is to get everything working from 2006 RuneScape as a full game.

However, Donations will NOT nor will they ever be treated like a reward. Your reward is simply donating and getting a pat on the back. Donators are not entitled to anything on this server, the only thing donators do is help support the server by helping paying for domain services, VPS hosting, or other various server tools. We will never get any type of in-game rewards or abilities that will differ from any other normal account who plays this game.

Rogan

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2013, 02:24:33 pm »
np cheers lads.

Need help with anything? PM: Rogan

Greg28

• Rebel Soldier

• Personal Text
    I am Greg
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2013, 02:38:15 pm »
Nah, I don't like that idea. I think everyone should complete quests themselves and shouldn't have to donate to complete the quest. That just takes away from the game. Also, by donating you are helping the server and the satisfaction of you knowing that you helped keep the server running is the best reward imo.

JT

• Rebel Commander

• Personal Text
    Always watching
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2013, 04:15:33 pm »
i see quests are soon to be added,
So does that mean that they will be full quests with full reqs?

if so can you implement a donation system for certain quests. Questing isnt for everyone that is the part of rs some/most people dispise. im sure many people would be in favour of donating to have certain quests complete.

i know there are implications because like for dt you need 53 thieve.

of course we cant decide this now but i cant see alot of people wanting to fully quest up a pking account again.
This will never happen, everything will be free, and we will never require donations for game content.

We are VERY close to done on several quests which will hopefully be released within the next few days :)

Join world 2 today!