Author Topic: New aura free to all members! (pic of wings also)  (Read 4175 times)

Garrett

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
New aura free to all members! (pic of wings also)
« on: November 30, 2012, 08:56:51 pm »

Jagex released a new winter aura today that gives a 50% experience bonus for 30 minutes every day in december, it gives you wings and makes you look fucking cool also. Just thought you guys might want to know about this. By the way  EOC did not kill runescape, it made it better. Anybody that still play runescape add me in game, username garrdrenn1.
"A word to the wise isn't necessary, it's the stupid ones that need the advise." - Bill Cosby

Recoil

• Rebel Leader

• Power Absolute

• Personal Text
    Surprise, bitch!
    • View Profile
    • My Development Projects
Re: New aura free to all members! (pic of wings also)
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2012, 03:04:27 pm »
I'm actually against this. I support EOC but I think this is one of the main reasons I dislike RS today, is that there are too many double XP opportunities for people. Leveling up used to be so much harder, and there was actually meaning behind skillcapes, whereas now it requires minimal dedication. I think that's one of the main reasons the community has been mutilated colossally to its core. The new target market Jagex has hit is in majority, little whiny kids that have no character and aren't willing to work for things due to their microscopic iota of an attention span.

Jake

• Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2012, 06:28:46 pm »
I agree with Recoil. It seems as if they have a double xp event help every week and they're super easy to obtain.
  It's good for the people who play though, I guess.

Garrett

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2012, 11:37:47 pm »
They always have done double experience weekends and such. This is not double experience by the way, it's +50% experience for 30 minutes a day. That only adds up to like 10k extra combat experience a day, which is nothing. Skillcapes still take a HELL of a lot of dedication and mean a lot.
"A word to the wise isn't necessary, it's the stupid ones that need the advise." - Bill Cosby

Recoil

• Rebel Leader

• Power Absolute

• Personal Text
    Surprise, bitch!
    • View Profile
    • My Development Projects
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2012, 07:04:35 pm »
What? No, no. Firstly, double XP hasn't "always" been done. In fact, double XP in online gaming as a whole is a fairly new concept. It's something that ruins game communities today. Another great example is call of duty, which I hope everyone can agree is vile due to it's extremely inadequate and immature target market. It strips dedication and advocates laziness.

Secondly, 50% is actually a big boost. You make it seem like it's inconsequential, which to me seems absurd because if that were true they just wouldn't add in anything at all.

And lastly, I don't care how much time it takes nowadays, there are still a HUGE amount of people in RS today with skillcapes whereas in 2006 it was nearly impossible to stumble upon someone that had one. Garrett, idk how much you played then, but I know you're a long time player so you of all people should know this. The difference between probability of finding someone with a skillcape now as opposed to then is the difference between finding a millionaire to a billionaire. It just didn't happen back then.

Bottom line, double XP is bad for business, earned or not. Games that go down that route end up with shitty communities with a game that has an unfair playing field.

HappyguyForum

• Rebel General

• Personal Text
    Don't ever play leapfrog with a Unicorn...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2012, 09:48:55 pm »
I am against the new EOC. I heard they are trying to push runescape into a more of a WOW style combat with w,a,s,d movement and all.... kinda sucks :/
Selling sets of armor bronze-mith. message me in game for the prices if interested :P -happyguy3216

Sheikyy

• Rebel Recruit

• Personal Text
    I'm a Milk Sheikyy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2013, 02:49:13 pm »
Double xp weekend isn't enough, we just need more xp boosts!

Adios★

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2013, 12:02:32 pm »
New EOC -1

Sherry

• Rebel Leader

• Personal Text
    Croaked the raven,"nevermore"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2013, 12:49:53 am »
Gross...
Sherry Birkin, United States

Stuart

• Developer
  • Rebel General

• #1 Coolest Person HURR

• Personal Text
    Thanks Omar. Its your fault.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2013, 01:10:32 am »
Eh, anything related to that 'update' is shit.

Jrub

• Rebel Captain

• Personal Text
    Praise ms
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2013, 01:44:42 am »
I think what riipiin means is we need a quadruple exp weekend