Author Topic: Double EXP till next MAJOR UPDATE  (Read 6442 times)

Justin

• Veteran
  • Rebel Leader

• View Profile
Double EXP till next MAJOR UPDATE
« on: May 26, 2015, 12:34:02 pm »
Maybe a idea to keep people playing longer and bring back veterans to help level their skills and bring in higher level supplies for newcomers to level their skills with. ;D

Prayer

• Player Moderator
  • Rebel General

• View Profile
Re: Double EXP till next MAJOR UPDATE
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2015, 10:15:28 pm »
i think that will just give massive exp to 2 or 3 people, and for a long time since the next major update is possibly years away

Justin

• Veteran
  • Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2015, 11:35:09 pm »
i think that will just give massive exp to 2 or 3 people, and for a long time since the next major update is possibly years away
I think they should be rewarded for playing since we have such low numbers right now.

Slayer

• Veteran
  • Rebel Captain

• HEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEY

• Personal Text
    Namechange Sento -> Slayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2015, 08:00:25 am »
You mean help people who have put hours in collecting materials for skills to use during double xp, nty

edub

• Veteran
  • Rebel General

• "Heroes will always be remembered, but legends never die."

• Personal Text
    #1 in Mining (99) & Smithing (99)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2015, 09:42:49 am »
We definitely should have another double exp event over a weekend or maybe for like 3 or 4 days.

Prayer

• Player Moderator
  • Rebel General

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2015, 02:32:41 pm »
We definitely should have another double exp event over a weekend or maybe for like 3 or 4 days.

That just gives time for people to collect & use resources in double exp... which could be like turning 1000 herbs to 2000. I think it's too much exp for those who save up.

I think they should be rewarded for playing since we have such low numbers right now.

I don't think it works like that lol. If you want to play, go ahead, but don't expect a reward.

The Vanguard

• Rebel Commander

• Personal Text
    Gaze into my eye.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2015, 03:54:58 pm »
Yes
You know that weird flavour in your mouth when you woke up this morning? Yup, that was me.

Gornu

• Player Moderator
  • Rebel Captain

• Archmage of Fox Cities

• Personal Text
    World 6? Cakewalk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2015, 11:45:16 pm »
We could use another event of double exp, just to break up the monotony.  Runescape had those moments where double exp times were announced ahead of time of the event itself, so I wouldn't see a problem of people preparing for this kind of event anyways.  With the feasibility of such an occasion, at least it could be implemented at the flip of a switch, so why not?

As a community of players, even with a low amount of players anyways, weren't there times we had this occur also with a low playerbase?  Maybe we could use something to play for.

|-|-|-|-|-|
|-|-|-|-|-|
|-|-|-|-|-|
|-|-|-|-|-|
Copy and paste this to add Waffles in RuneRebels! We have Chocolate, and Beer, why not

Pyro

• Rebel Leader

• Personal Text
    wew lad :^)
    • View Profile
    • scottyfillups.io
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2015, 03:51:54 pm »
I don't think it would be a good idea to hold a double exp event in general. Why?

If the server isn't active, very few people will benefit and the vast majority will be frustrated on the exp they lost. If the server is popular, it won't really attract any new players; if nobody knows about the server, nobody will benefit from the bonus exp.

I'm not a big fan of double exp in general. In my opinion, they should only be used for celebrations (e.g. double exp for a couple days AFTER the major update instead of BEFORE). Even then, I'd prefer not to have any bonus exp events.
Plz star all my github stuff <333333

https://github.com/ScottyFillups

Prayer

• Player Moderator
  • Rebel General

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2015, 01:00:53 am »
js, don't expect any updates or double exp any time soon lol

typherium

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2015, 10:42:09 am »
there should be a couple releases until they get some shit working. dmace dlong. i havn't seen a clue scroll. they should add something because they're slacking so hard. but double xp should just be a weekend because theres so many fucking bots collecting supplies. i would play but the damn server is always down

Stuart

• Developer
  • Rebel General

• #1 Coolest Person HURR

• Personal Text
    Thanks Omar. Its your fault.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2015, 12:35:03 am »
there should be a couple releases until they get some shit working. dmace dlong. i havn't seen a clue scroll. they should add something because they're slacking so hard. but double xp should just be a weekend because theres so many fucking bots collecting supplies. i would play but the damn server is always down
Which still won't happen. Requires some of our upper people to do things and that seems to be a rare occasion now-a-days.

edub

• Veteran
  • Rebel General

• "Heroes will always be remembered, but legends never die."

• Personal Text
    #1 in Mining (99) & Smithing (99)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2015, 03:53:31 pm »
I think in the short run, double exp would be some people back on but in terms of keeping people around long term, only updates can really do that

Gornu

• Player Moderator
  • Rebel Captain

• Archmage of Fox Cities

• Personal Text
    World 6? Cakewalk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2015, 03:00:13 pm »
Well, now I'm going to reverse my support for double exp, with all these replies it does make sense.  Very few players would benefit from this, not the number of players which with a player-base we'd like to see playing.

And even with holiday events, if very few players play then what is the point of having an event without a fair number of players to actually contribute to the soon to be rare items one would receive in such an event.

So, that's my feelings I now have after realizing that not many people would benefit from these events.

|-|-|-|-|-|
|-|-|-|-|-|
|-|-|-|-|-|
|-|-|-|-|-|
Copy and paste this to add Waffles in RuneRebels! We have Chocolate, and Beer, why not

Wirt

• Player Moderator
  • Rebel Commander

• Personal Text
    -psst- over here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2015, 06:12:41 pm »
Couldn't you spawn KBD in the wilderness or even have falador full of black Knights? Something fun.. Doesn't have to be beneficial