Poll

Should devs release the Priest in Peril quest and grant access to Morytania?

YES! We need Barrows, Slayer Tower, whips, gmauls, etc!
8 (88.9%)
No, I don't see how that would benefit RuneRebels.
1 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: February 19, 2015, 07:52:55 pm

Author Topic: [POLL] Should devs release Priest in Peril quest and grant access to Morytania?  (Read 6688 times)

Pur3 5tr7

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
BENEFITS:
1. Slayer tower (creates market for whips, gmauls, etc, and is in working condition according to Prayer)
2. Swamp (exploration)
3. Barrows (awesome and rewarding minigame)
4. Barrows armors (and market for)
5. More monsters to fight (snails, vampyres, werewolves, etc)
6. Will get the community off the staff's asses for a bit (new content ftw)
7. Those colorful robes and stuff  ;D
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 07:55:23 pm by Pur3 5tr7 »

Stuart

• Developer
  • Rebel General

• #1 Coolest Person HURR

• Personal Text
    Thanks Omar. Its your fault.
    • View Profile
I understand your wanting this huge release into the game. However, your impatience isn't going to help. Simply releasing the quest and making the whole area of Morytania ready for players isn't as simplex as you think. There are many quests that are finished to the best extent that the current quest editor allows. However, because some quests require actions that the current quest editor does not contain, Ryan needs to add these into the quest editor and the developers need to go in and finish each of those quests. And to continue onto releasing Morytania without Priest in Peril being released, it won't happen. This is a 2006 remake. By releasing an area requiring a quest to enter without having the quest released or by removing the requirement will totally turn the aspect of this server.

Therefore, this really won't help. We need the Ryan of Ryans to become a Ryan and Ryan up the Ryan quest editor for things to get going. As far as I know, James has been working with Ryan to get this server up and going again. Hopefully we see some changes within the next few weeks.

Pur3 5tr7

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
I understand your wanting this huge release into the game. However, your impatience isn't going to help. Simply releasing the quest and making the whole area of Morytania ready for players isn't as simplex as you think. There are many quests that are finished to the best extent that the current quest editor allows. However, because some quests require actions that the current quest editor does not contain, Ryan needs to add these into the quest editor and the developers need to go in and finish each of those quests. And to continue onto releasing Morytania without Priest in Peril being released, it won't happen. This is a 2006 remake. By releasing an area requiring a quest to enter without having the quest released or by removing the requirement will totally turn the aspect of this server.

Therefore, this really won't help. We need the Ryan of Ryans to become a Ryan and Ryan up the Ryan quest editor for things to get going. As far as I know, James has been working with Ryan to get this server up and going again. Hopefully we see some changes within the next few weeks.
Hehe, don't mistake my enthusiasm for impatience; I'm just trying to get a conversation going! Get other players interested in this content (via the poll and sig). This isn't a push on the staff, it's a push on the players and I think it's good advertising. Gives people something to look forward to, especially when some might not even think this is a considered release.

I am in no way interested in absolving the quest requirement; I'd prefer to do the quest. Besides, I specifically asked "Should devs release the Priest in Peril quest and grant access to Morytania?"

This (missing) content has been brought to my attention by Prayer, which inspired me to rouse people up so the devs aren't working for a sleeping crowd. I've even PMed Ryan and offered some manual labor coding, since I've been familiar with private servers for four years now and am quite passionate about this one. I think we should all do our little part is all, if we want to keep a pulse going on RR.  ;D

Prayer

• Player Moderator
  • Rebel General

• View Profile
that small quest, marked as novice difficulty is stopping us from a LOT of things.  :-\

Slayer

• Veteran
  • Rebel Captain

• HEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEY

• Personal Text
    Namechange Sento -> Slayer
    • View Profile
Bump.

Slangin

• Supporter
  • Rebel Leader

• View Profile

Slayer

• Veteran
  • Rebel Captain

• HEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEYHEY

• Personal Text
    • View Profile

Austin

• Community Manager
  • Rebel Captain

• Has a nice view of your bedroom

• View Profile
It would also require a LOT of spawning NPC's and possibly fixing a bunch of areas/shops

Slayer

• Veteran
  • Rebel Captain

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
It would also require a LOT of spawning NPC's and possibly fixing a bunch of areas/shops

A LOT

Michael G

• Rebel Soldier

• View Profile
BENEFITS:
1. Slayer tower (creates market for whips, gmauls, etc, and is in working condition according to Prayer)
2. Swamp (exploration)
3. Barrows (awesome and rewarding minigame)
4. Barrows armors (and market for)
5. More monsters to fight (snails, vampyres, werewolves, etc)
6. Will get the community off the staff's asses for a bit (new content ftw)
7. Those colorful robes and stuff  ;D
8.ANOTHER FARMING PATCH!!!!

edub

• Veteran
  • Rebel General

• "Heroes will always be remembered, but legends never die."

• Personal Text
    #1 in Mining (99) & Smithing (99)
    • View Profile
Why would anyone vote against this lol?

Pur3 5tr7

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
"Some people don't like change - for the rest of us, there's Wikileaks."

Prayer

• Player Moderator
  • Rebel General

• View Profile

Maybe someone doesn't agree with making a shortcut without the quest, since that wouldn't resemble what a remake should be like...

But if they release the quest and all is perfect, then I'm sure no one would vote against it.

edub

• Veteran
  • Rebel General

• "Heroes will always be remembered, but legends never die."

• Personal Text
    #1 in Mining (99) & Smithing (99)
    • View Profile

Maybe someone doesn't agree with making a shortcut without the quest, since that wouldn't resemble what a remake should be like...

But if they release the quest and all is perfect, then I'm sure no one would vote against it.

That's what I would want, the quest done the right way first

Stuart

• Developer
  • Rebel General

• #1 Coolest Person HURR

• Personal Text
    Thanks Omar. Its your fault.
    • View Profile
I voted against it for the pure fact that I feel most here don't understand the sweat that goes on behind the scenes to make stuff like this happen. It isn't simply packing a quest into the server and everything works magically. I want this to happen, but not without the quest.