Author Topic: A strange place for a spider  (Read 3392 times)

Gornu

• Player Moderator
  • Rebel Captain

• Archmage of Fox Cities

• Personal Text
    World 6? Cakewalk.
    • View Profile
A strange place for a spider
« on: December 03, 2014, 04:36:42 pm »
While I was getting acquainted with a player, I noticed a giant spider attacking one of the npc memorials in Lumbridge.  Apparently it is spawning right next to the graves.  I've never seen such a thing as this, a monster at the Lumbridge side this close to the castle.

|-|-|-|-|-|
|-|-|-|-|-|
|-|-|-|-|-|
|-|-|-|-|-|
Copy and paste this to add Waffles in RuneRebels! We have Chocolate, and Beer, why not

Stuart

• Developer
  • Rebel General

• #1 Coolest Person HURR

• Personal Text
    Thanks Omar. Its your fault.
    • View Profile
Re: A strange place for a spider
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2014, 01:25:25 pm »
The NPCs are well know in this server to have an aggressive follow distance. In fact, as long as you don't fuck up their path finding or get out of minimap range of them I believe they continue to follow.

Prayer

• Player Moderator
  • Rebel General

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2014, 04:55:35 pm »
The NPCs are well know in this server to have an aggressive follow distance. In fact, as long as you don't fuck up their path finding or get out of minimap range of them I believe they continue to follow.

Really odd how every npc I ever encountered stops at a certain block length thing. Yet everyone always says they keep following o.o

Gornu

• Player Moderator
  • Rebel Captain

• Archmage of Fox Cities

• Personal Text
    World 6? Cakewalk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2014, 05:06:07 pm »
Yes, I wrote a half arse explanation.

This spider had respawned on the bridge over the Lum very near to the memorials, it wasn't wander distance.  Is it still there?  Does it still be aggressivness to a player?  No, it had spawned and automatically had gone after a player npc level 1 memorial npc I might add which was very close to where this giant spider spawns.

This was the result of my own experience seeing a now missing spider going after this now missing memorial npc.

|-|-|-|-|-|
|-|-|-|-|-|
|-|-|-|-|-|
|-|-|-|-|-|
Copy and paste this to add Waffles in RuneRebels! We have Chocolate, and Beer, why not

Prayer

• Player Moderator
  • Rebel General

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2014, 05:21:43 pm »
Yes, I wrote a half arse explanation.

This spider had respawned on the bridge over the Lum very near to the memorials, it wasn't wander distance.  Is it still there?  Does it still be aggressivness to a player?  No, it had spawned and automatically had gone after a player npc level 1 memorial npc I might add which was very close to where this giant spider spawns.

This was the result of my own experience seeing a now missing spider going after this now missing memorial npc.

I saw the spider yesterday, and tried moving it yet It wouldn't go past a certain block. When the spider dies it respawns exactly where it died so yeah um it'll be hard moving the spider back. Also where's the level 1 admin memorial? o.o

omg

he died! :l
« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 06:04:02 pm by Prayer »

Dev

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2014, 02:38:08 am »

omg

(click to show/hide)

he died! :l

Did someone take his sweet loot? Would it even have dropped?

edub

• Veteran
  • Rebel General

• "Heroes will always be remembered, but legends never die."

• Personal Text
    #1 in Mining (99) & Smithing (99)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2014, 01:01:03 pm »
R.I.P. Fhillip, I'm surprised he doesn't move back to his original re-spawn though?

Gornu

• Player Moderator
  • Rebel Captain

• Archmage of Fox Cities

• Personal Text
    World 6? Cakewalk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2014, 02:38:40 pm »
From noticing two giant skeletons chilling with the chaos druids, I think I figured the actions to get this bug that way:

• An aggressive attacking npc is lead out of their usual walk distances in game.
    • The npc hangs at the boundary still remembering the person they were aggressive towards
    • If killed, they respawn at their last known follow to the edge of the follow distance
    • Enacting another death to the npc in the player being aggressive to the npc usually fixes this bug
    • If the npc becomes aggressive to someone else and is left to its devices this pattern continues

|-|-|-|-|-|
|-|-|-|-|-|
|-|-|-|-|-|
|-|-|-|-|-|

Dev Sean

• Developer (ingame)
  • Rebel Leader

• Quest Developer

• Personal Text
    Your friendly neighbourhood Developer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2017, 04:04:15 am »
This has been filed and issued.

Reference: blitz/memorial/issues/#1

- Dev Sean