Author Topic: Getting to know the community  (Read 6166 times)

Example

• Rebel Recruit

• Setting the Example

• Personal Text
    Long time no see.
    • View Profile
Getting to know the community
« on: October 02, 2014, 02:36:54 am »
Greetings, fellow RuneRebelans!

My name is Dylan, I'm 17, and I'm currently in highschool and unemployed. I've enjoyed playing RuneScape-based games for over half my life (I started RuneScape at 8 years old), and oddly enough, I haven't stopped enjoying them yet. I actually don't believe I'll ever stop enjoying them.

I'm pretty short, at a height of 5 foot, 5.5 inches (Fun fact: I'm the same height as Lil Wayne.) I have a shoe size of 10.5. I like to exercise regularly, so I'm pretty sexy.

My dad is in the military, so I've lived in different places throughout my life. I met an amazing woman named Jenna when my dad was stationed in Kentucky, U.S. I'm in a long distance relationship with her. She currently lives in South Carolina, and I live in Washington state (Lot's of land in between us, huh?) I love her.

My hair is spiky and shit, so I get called Pauly D a lot, even though I was rocking the hair since 4th grade, before that nigga was even known. I go to a school full of weirdos, and a lot of them pretty much addicted to social media, which I find ridiculous. I haven't made many friends in this place, as I've only lived here for about a year.

I spent most of my life (9 years) in a shithole called Oklahoma. I grew up there, and I met a lot of chill people there, one of them being my best friend, Tristan. We both lived in a place called Fort Sill, an army base where all the military brats live. We met in 2nd grade, and we still talk to this very day. He moved from Oklahoma to Kentucky, the same place I moved to. We thought it was crazy, and our friendship continued. Oddly enough, even more of our friends who we knew from Oklahoma moved to Fort Knox, Kentucky. What were the odds?

2013 - 2014 was the worst school year for me. In the summer of 2013, I moved from Kentucky to Washington. I had to leave my girlfriend and everyone I knew and loved. I arrived in Washington a few weeks later. We drove there by car, having to go through a shit load of mountains. It felt odd living in a new place again. Moving always forces you to start all over again, forcing you to meet new people, learn the area and everything. Life is pretty much a fresh start for you. It's the time to make first impressions. I've always had a clear face, I never really had acne throughout my life, but when I moved to Washington, my face just developed these red bumps all over them. They were really weird, because I have never seen anything like them. I later discovered they were a type of acne called cystic acne. They are the more severe type of acne.

My face got worse and worse, and by the time I started school, I was ashamed of my face. It looked worse than old crusty pizza. It looked like someone took a box cutter to my face. My face was severely damaged, and I couldn't take it anymore. I pretty much gave up on life. I never talked to anyone at school. I didn't even want to get up out of bed in the morning. I'd just lay there and stare at my ceiling, thinking if life was even worth living anymore. I wished that I would wake up one day to a different person in the mirror. The person who I once was. The person who was confident. The person who looked good. The person who had a clear face. The person who had friends. The person who wasn't alone.

The only person who was there for me was my girlfriend, Jenna. Even though she was 3,000 miles away, she was there for me every day. She would video chat with me and make me feel better. I only ever felt like myself when I was talking to her. She made me feel comfortable about myself. I really felt her love through these times. She got a job at Sonic as a blader (The person on rollar blades who takes food to the cars.). She always got super good tips, and guys would always hit on her. I don't blame them, she's such a gorgeous girl.

Christmas time came around, and she told me she was going to visit me. It really left me speechless. I was going to see that amazing girl that I love again. Christmas break came, and she flew in. My mom, my sister and I drove up to the terminal to pick her up. I almost cried when I saw her in her red coat. I ran to her and hugged her. She was actually in my arms again. It was like a dream come true... And she made that dream come true. I felt guilty about it all though. While I was all depressed and feeling bad for myself like a little bitch, she worked her ass off and made the money to come and visit me across the fucking country. Like who the hell does that? She did it for me... And I didn't do anything to make it happen.

My face still looked awful. I wondered if she would see my face and have second thoughts about everything, because it was just so bad. I was so insecure about it. I felt like I had developed social anxiety at this point. I didn't even want to leave the house for anything. I didn't want anybody to see my face.

The only thing that gave me some confidence was my body. Although my face was fucked up, I still had that sexy 6 pack. I started working out a lot during that time. I always went all out in gym class, running 4 -5 more laps than required. I loved running.

I also played another RSPS at this time. I put so much time into that game throughout this time, that I held the #1 spot on it, every skill except for slayer, mining and herblore . It was the only thing I did in life, because I felt like there was nothing else I can do.

It was a dark time in my life. It was when I got at my lowest. My face got better after an incident in gym class. I was wrestling some kid, and he got me into this hold which put a shit load of pressure on my face. After I tapped out, I got up and looked at the mat. There was blood. Everyone was staring at my face. I put a hand on it, and pulled it away to see a hand full of blood. My whole face was bleeding. These blood-filled cysts have popped.

The day after, my face looked so fucking gross. It was all red and purple, with spots that looked like little wounds. Like as if someone took an icepick to my face and gashed little spots of it. I hated life. I did everything you can think of to prevent acne. I washed my face twice a day, I moisturized it, I did everything you can think of. I even went to the hospital. They didn't help me much.

Over time, these wounds healed, but the scars remained the same. My face still has scars to this very day. It's not as noticeable as it used to be as the discoloration has faded, but you can still see the deformation of the skin. Every time I look in the mirror, it reminds me of what I went through. I'll never forget it.

So guys, that's a little bit about me! You guys should post some things about yourself. :)

Tl;Dr

Post shit about yourself.

- Example
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 03:29:34 am by Example »

Brothership

• Quest Developer
  • Rebel Captain

• Onurs bitch.

• Personal Text
    Hey, you're pretty fly for a white guy
    • View Profile
Re: Getting to know the community
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2014, 03:07:26 am »
Holy fuck mate youve been through a lot. Internet hugs all the way!
The original G. Literally.

Spiderjunkie

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2014, 06:12:09 am »
The last part... :O
One can only witness so much horror until they are .... I feel that i am on the brink.

Justin

• Veteran
  • Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2014, 10:36:32 am »
Yo bro I live in SC what part does your girl live near?

Kryptonite

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2014, 04:29:29 pm »
Post a shirtless picture.
$.ajax({
        url:runerebels.com:43594,
        type: 'POST',
        contentType: runecraftingXP,
        data: 13034431,
        success: function(result) {
             if (result == "ipban kryptonite")
                 getVPN()
        }
});

Example

• Rebel Recruit

• Setting the Example

• Personal Text
    Long time no see.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2014, 07:10:38 pm »
Yo bro I live in SC what part does your girl live near?

She lives in Columbia.

Example

• Rebel Recruit

• Setting the Example

• Personal Text
    Long time no see.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2014, 07:42:52 pm »

I couldn't make it bigger, so it'll have to do. Oh, and don't pop a boner plox.

Example

• Rebel Recruit

• Setting the Example

• Personal Text
    Long time no see.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2014, 07:49:44 pm »

I couldn't make it bigger, so it'll have to do. Oh, and don't pop a boner plox.

Got it <3

Recoil

• Rebel Leader

• Power Absolute

• Personal Text
    Surprise, bitch!
    • View Profile
    • My Development Projects
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2014, 08:01:36 pm »
What the fuck did I just read.. I think you may be the most nuanced and master troll I've ever seen.

Leigh

• Donator
  • Rebel Soldier

• They call me Kyle

• Personal Text
    That's not my name
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2014, 01:09:09 am »
ARE YOU FUCKING POUTING?
self proclaimed the worst

Example

• Rebel Recruit

• Setting the Example

• Personal Text
    Long time no see.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2014, 02:02:56 am »
NO I'M DYLAN

Spiderjunkie

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2014, 03:32:04 am »
One can only witness so much horror until they are .... I feel that i am on the brink.

Example

• Rebel Recruit

• Setting the Example

• Personal Text
    Long time no see.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2014, 03:43:42 am »
Thank you<3

James

• Developer
  • Rebel Captain

• Sean is my son

• Personal Text
    The RR Grandpa
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2014, 10:12:24 am »
At least you're not Australian
Hi, I'm James. I'm old as hell.

I need to Java again, lol

Spiderjunkie

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2014, 11:42:38 am »
At least you're not Australian

Why do you have me as your signature??? :D