Author Topic: RuneRebels Lives!  (Read 13550 times)

Elevate

• Rebel Commander

• View Profile
Re: RuneRebels Lives!
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2014, 09:43:19 am »
People's perceptions are absolutely hilarious.  You're gone, now who's job is done?
Where've I gone

realitycheck

• Rebel Commander

• Personal Text
    Don't mistake lack of talent for genius - P.Steele
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2014, 09:50:26 am »
People's perceptions are absolutely hilarious.  You're gone, now who's job is done?
Where've I gone

Oh hi.  How are you?

James

• Developer
  • Rebel Captain

• Sean is my son

• Personal Text
    The RR Grandpa
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2014, 08:30:26 pm »
Quit fighting or you'll all be reminiscing about this server too.
Hi, I'm James. I'm old as hell.

I need to Java again, lol

Example

• Rebel Recruit

• Setting the Example

• Personal Text
    Long time no see.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2014, 09:49:33 pm »
^Ohhhh kill 'em

Elevate

• Rebel Commander

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2014, 12:47:10 am »
^Ohhhh kill 'em
He's talking to you to, Pauly D.

Ry60003333

• Owner & Operator
  • Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 06, 2014, 04:47:28 am »
I mean if you guys want me to inflate the player count I can xD

edub

• Veteran
  • Rebel General

• "Heroes will always be remembered, but legends never die."

• Personal Text
    #1 in Mining (99) & Smithing (99)
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 06, 2014, 09:26:00 pm »
I mean if you guys want me to inflate the player count I can xD

We need to be equitable about that, with that being said though nothing wrong with us having a few mules on =P

D0t lozy

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2014, 02:01:50 pm »
Need to come up with somethign spectacular in order to attract more players. Something that RR can provide but OSRS can't, except from a community without children.

Wirt

• Player Moderator
  • Rebel Commander

• Personal Text
    -psst- over here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 09, 2014, 02:39:55 pm »
authenticity.. that's all that attracts people to anything runescape.
this is the real deal 2006 runescape.

maybe if we had a better way of advertising our server then more people would play..
« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 02:51:16 pm by wirt »

Dev

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 09, 2014, 03:06:18 pm »

maybe if we had a better way of advertising our server then more people would play..

What did project rs06 do? I think it was mentioned on reddit and blew up, not sure that can happen again, seeing as oldschool is a thing.

All we can hope for is treasure trails, barrows, and bosses and more slayer stuff, and the quests to get to those areas. Until then, there's really no point in paid advertising I think, other than to hype it up and get donations to encourage the admins. So all we got right now is word of mouth and those voting sites.

Also, do those voting sites matter? Like, will 1 vote from me for each of those sites eventually add up, like if everyone else here did it too? I don't know anything about that stuff
« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 03:07:58 pm by Dev »

Wirt

• Player Moderator
  • Rebel Commander

• Personal Text
    -psst- over here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 09, 2014, 05:16:19 pm »

What did project rs06 do? I think it was mentioned on reddit and blew up, not sure that can happen again, seeing as oldschool is a thing.

All we can hope for is treasure trails, barrows, and bosses and more slayer stuff, and the quests to get to those areas. Until then, there's really no point in paid advertising I think, other than to hype it up and get donations to encourage the admins. So all we got right now is word of mouth and those voting sites.

Also, do those voting sites matter? Like, will 1 vote from me for each of those sites eventually add up, like if everyone else here did it too? I don't know anything about that stuff
believe it or not voting sites help ALOT. Maybe If We got a known youtuber to do a review of runerebels then it'd boom. Somebody who does rsps vids? Advertise in YouTube comments, make a lets play series for people to watch, do livestreams, ask other rsps servers to advertise runerebels.. If we all do our part we can really get runerebels known

edub

• Veteran
  • Rebel General

• "Heroes will always be remembered, but legends never die."

• Personal Text
    #1 in Mining (99) & Smithing (99)
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 09, 2014, 06:10:48 pm »
I think voting and advertising would help to a degree, what really needs to happen though is an all around effort, community events, updates, voting and the whole nine yards.

Wirt

• Player Moderator
  • Rebel Commander

• Personal Text
    -psst- over here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 09, 2014, 06:56:37 pm »
I think voting and advertising would help to a degree, what really needs to happen though is an all around effort, community events, updates, voting and the whole nine yards.
hopefully that'll all come in time and I think if the community grows to a fair decent size instead of our little pocie then the developers will be more motivated to push out those updates because really this server is just us group of friends who play together right, when somebody new comes by its like inviting them to the family instead of interacting with whoever like a larger server.

Runerebels = small town
Runescape = gigantic city

Prayer

• Player Moderator
  • Rebel General

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 09, 2014, 07:50:43 pm »
hopefully that'll all come in time and I think if the community grows to a fair decent size instead of our little pocie then the developers will be more motivated to push out those updates because really this server is just us group of friends who play together right, when somebody new comes by its like inviting them to the family instead of interacting with whoever like a larger server.

Runerebels = small town

for real scale lol
Runerebels is like your group of friends
Runescape is like the population of Greenland

& I think it's true that if people see a huge list they won't even bother voting. Maybe like 3 sites is enough, not like 19 lol

Wirt

• Player Moderator
  • Rebel Commander

• Personal Text
    -psst- over here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 10, 2014, 12:11:18 pm »

Runerebels = small town

for real scale lol
Runerebels is like your group of friends
Runescape is like the population of Greenland

& I think it's true that if people see a huge list they won't even bother voting. Maybe like 3 sites is enough, not like 19 lol
yeah 3 is enough, and to motivate people to vote we should have something called "vote tickets" which we could exchange for something of our choice. Nothing over the top, something like minor resources like vials of water, 50 willow logs, essences, coal, seeds, raw salmon/lobster. Etc