Author Topic: My Rant, and This is my Opinion.  (Read 14963 times)

Coffeeccubus

• Rebel Recruit

• Was a scaping Waffle lover, now a Coffee Succubus.

• Personal Text
    The Coffeeccubus!
    • View Profile
    • Old hetalia Site
My Rant, and This is my Opinion.
« on: August 22, 2014, 01:58:47 am »
First of all, I'd like to state that I love how people are developing an old game that we used to remember, know and love. The amounts of greatness I had seen being placed inside of this game is tremendous, and I have to say, it's doing pretty good so far. Sure, it has it's glitches, and it has it's improperness, but I have to say, there is many things that the game needs to improve on, however, there is many faults, which I'm going to prepare to vent about. It's largely community-based, but it's also a mix of gameplay and other things.

GAMEPLAY RANTS
1. Improper Sounds and Music
Ah yes, the Music and sounds. How I used to remember them back in 2006, and when I ALWAYS had my music and sound on. Yes, I was that "no life" who actually HAD the music AND sounds on ALL THE TIME. I honestly remember EVERY RuneScape track as of this game's creation. I also ventured to every part of the map as of this map. But you know what really annoys me the most? In this game, the sounds of certain creatures and monsters you fight are INCORRECT and LARGELY using the wrong sounds. For example, I was fighting a Greater demon after trying to find the level 2 spiders in Level 47 Wilderness. What do I hear whenever I attack the Greater Demon? It's death sound! That's NOT how the Greater Demon sounds like when it's hurt! In addition, when I was slaying cows for a slayer task, the calfs had their ATTACK sound and they were attacking me with a DEFENSE sound. In addition, Nightfall played EAST of Falador as well. Seriously. That is NOT Where it plays. Wander plays there. I can honestly put a Music map for the moderators if they want me to and show them where ALL of the music plays because they have ALLOT of this wrong.

2. NPC Clipping
Okay, I know this has been addressed many times before, but the NPC clipping is among the worst I had ever SEEN programmed. I'm sorry to say this, but even 06SCAPE'S clipping was better than this horrible and broken clip system. You can't even range or mage the mobs without having to have them in CLOSE range. In addition, the AI is WAY too smart to notice you are using a safe-spot. Seriously, I know its a bit realistic, but this is NOT World of Warrebels, and clipping is something that kept RuneScapers willing to use different combat styles! My suggestion is to AT LEAST decrease the intelligence on the clipping and NOT have them follow you in large radiuses! Seriously! A freaking 172 Black Demon in Edgeville Dungeon followed me to level 1 Wilderness in the dungeon! That's RS2 Beta behaviour!

COMMUNITY

1. OMG S3RVERTS D34D!!!1111oneshift

Are you people freaking serious? WHY do you keep on saying the server is dead? If it really was dead, it wouldn't even be online. The server went down a few days ago, and it was put back up! If it was really dead, it'd be down for about a month! Seriously, I am sick of people stating the damn servers dead. What I want is just for people to just stop talking about it. Because honestly, I do not like it when people complain about things that don't even matter.  Seriously, if you believe that the server is dead, you are just nothing more than noobfries that are made in Albania, because we know that the Albanians ALWAYS cook the worst stuff.

We aren't the 06scape community. We're the RuneRebels Community, and we should remain mutual to eachother. We don't have to be all friends, but seriously, atleast try to make some peoples lives a bit easier.

Thank you for reading. Any comments that are deemed offensive will be reported to the moderators.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 03:23:06 pm by Belgium »
|-|-|-|-|-|
|-|-|-|-|-|
|-|-|-|-|-|
|-|-|-|-|-|
Copy and paste this to add Waffles in RuneRebels! We have Chocolate, and Beer, why not Waffles?!

ALTS:
Belgium - All
Coffeeccubus - Idk
Divination - Skiller Account

Leigh

• Donator
  • Rebel Soldier

• They call me Kyle

• Personal Text
    That's not my name
    • View Profile
Re: My Rant, and This is my Opinion.
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2014, 12:18:25 pm »
Runerebels community*

NEVER GET IT MIXED UP
self proclaimed the worst

Kryptonite

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2014, 05:36:57 pm »
Sexism...?

EDIT: nvm I saw the post where you got butthurt cuz someone made a joke.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 11:43:06 am by Kryptonite »
$.ajax({
        url:runerebels.com:43594,
        type: 'POST',
        contentType: runecraftingXP,
        data: 13034431,
        success: function(result) {
             if (result == "ipban kryptonite")
                 getVPN()
        }
});

Recoil

• Rebel Leader

• Power Absolute

• Personal Text
    Surprise, bitch!
    • View Profile
    • My Development Projects
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2014, 03:58:47 pm »
Lol sexism? It's a forum dude. Trolls telling females to get back in the kitchen isn't something they actually believe in. They're just trying to push your buttons, welcome to the internet. They succeeded by the way, making you look foolish.

And honestly I couldn't care less about your banal "rants". It's an unfinished game with 1 legit developer who doesn't give a shit about this place any more. Ofc there are going to be loads of bugs with an RS remake, that's why it was such a dumb idea for Ryan to start RR in the first place. Half the people complained when he announced it, because we knew he wouldn't have time. But as usual, they ignored our concerns and just did what they wanted.

Oh, and this server is dead, so is worldscape. You're blatantly lying to yourself if you think otherwise. I think it's funny how people try to refute that and brag about the 5 people on at once "that one weekend". Starting out there will several dozen people online at a time. Hell, back in the day WS was about twice as big as RR ever was, but lack of care from staff goes a long way I think, both on the development side and community side. I think the staff has failed with flying colors. :D -.-

ZzReVeNg3zZ

• Donator
  • Rebel Commander

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2014, 01:14:48 am »
Sexism. Racism and offensive words.[/b]

HOLD ON, BEFORE YOU CALL ME A ULTRA LEFT WING FEMINIST, I HAVE SOMETHING IMPORTANT TO SAY!!!! I'm a country, and my opinion matters, sure. But remember and consider this, there is such thing as males whom DO support anti-sexism, and no, women do not belong in the kitchen. Here's a funfact: MANY of the world's BEST chefs who are in kitchens all the time are MEN. Yes, that's right, MEN. IN THE KITCHEN. So before you tell me to "get back in the kitchen", think about how many men are in the kitchen right now, and how many women are sweeping and are at work.

Now that you had read that, you know that I am against how strong the sexism is here on the forums. Seriously, it's childish. We don't LIVE in the Classical Age, NOR we are the god damn Romans. No, we are MODERN DAY citizens of MODERN NATIONS that have new and different laws. Freaking seriously, the sexism has got to stop. People can get offended, and you know they can. You don't look at someone's skin and instantly assume they are one thing. Seriously, that's VERY middle age-ish to think. Not to mention, imbecilic. We look at CLASS, not RACE. Anyways, both Racism and Classim really bother me, and God, it posses me off whenever I see it.

We aren't the 06scape community. We're the RuneRebels Community, and we should remain mutual to eachother. We don't have to be all friends, but seriously, atleast try to make some peoples lives a bit easier.

Thank you for reading. Any comments that are deemed offensive will be reported to the moderators.

Don't mean to offend, really not trying to, but come on, a couple of dung-beetles may of been sexist towards a female on a forums post, but it's definitely nothing to be concerned about. As a guy, I insult and get insulted by many other dudes on pretty much every forum i'm active with, and I just laugh it off because it's the internet, most of these people are trolls anyway.

As a media student we were having this discussion in class about female gamers playing Call of Duty, and the rape-threats and what-not they got from people in the game with them, where-as if somebody threatened to rape my mother, slit my throat, or murder my entire family by slowly suffocating each person individually, I took that as a joke, where-as a lot of girls (again, not attempting to be offensive) take it very seriously.

Our minds just work differently, guys insult eachother as some kind of hobby, girls are just sneaky when they dislike other people.

Oh, and this server is dead, so is worldscape. You're blatantly lying to yourself if you think otherwise. I think it's funny how people try to refute that and brag about the 5 people on at once "that one weekend". Starting out there will several dozen people online at a time. Hell, back in the day WS was about twice as big as RR ever was, but lack of care from staff goes a long way I think, both on the development side and community side. I think the staff has failed with flying colors. :D -.-

I would say that every point you ever try to make on this forum includes the phrase "WorldScape", haha.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 01:23:04 am by ZzReVeNg3zZ »

buttplug

• Community Member
  • Rebel Captain

• Personal Text
    Omar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2014, 02:52:24 pm »
I know you're new, so I'll respond to your arrogance lightly.

1. People have been saying the server is dead because we've had just about the same amount of WORKING content for over a year and a half now. The Developers and Moderators haven't been posting or updating or even online nearly as much as in the past (I wouldn't expect you to know that seeing as you're new here)

2. Welcome to the internet. Its a melting pot of racism, sexism, and any other "-ism" you can think of, shrouded in semi-anonymity. You chose to come here, we didn't call you. That said, I don't know where you get off being here for 2 months telling everyone else their conduct needs a massive overhaul.

Feel free to deem my comment "offensive" but the moderators aren't your personal army nor are they a human resources department.

tl;dr:
You've got a lot of nerve being here for 5 minutes and telling everyone about how they should post on a site they've been coming to for years.

EDIT:

My favorite part about your post is the blatant irony. The title specifically says you're merely stating your opinion, yet your opinion is that nobody else should be allowed to express their opinion. Way to not be hypocritical at all or anything. *ahem*

Also:

*at least

*each other

*pisses

*a lot

*fun fact

Fixed those for you
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 02:59:22 pm by buttplug »

Grizx

• Rebel Soldier

• Zeus himself

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2014, 03:23:11 pm »
Back off guys, it's probably her time of the month.

buttplug

• Community Member
  • Rebel Captain

• Personal Text
    Omar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2014, 06:14:59 pm »
Back off guys, it's probably her time of the month.

Maybe she broke a nail

Kryptonite

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2014, 08:49:30 pm »
I know you're new, so I'll respond to your arrogance lightly.

1. People have been saying the server is dead because we've had just about the same amount of WORKING content for over a year and a half now. The Developers and Moderators haven't been posting or updating or even online nearly as much as in the past (I wouldn't expect you to know that seeing as you're new here)

2. Welcome to the internet. Its a melting pot of racism, sexism, and any other "-ism" you can think of, shrouded in semi-anonymity. You chose to come here, we didn't call you. That said, I don't know where you get off being here for 2 months telling everyone else their conduct needs a massive overhaul.

Feel free to deem my comment "offensive" but the moderators aren't your personal army nor are they a human resources department.

tl;dr:
You've got a lot of nerve being here for 5 minutes and telling everyone about how they should post on a site they've been coming to for years.

EDIT:

My favorite part about your post is the blatant irony. The title specifically says you're merely stating your opinion, yet your opinion is that nobody else should be allowed to express their opinion. Way to not be hypocritical at all or anything. *ahem*

Also:

*at least

*each other

*pisses

*a lot

*fun fact

Fixed those for you

You're my favorite.
$.ajax({
        url:runerebels.com:43594,
        type: 'POST',
        contentType: runecraftingXP,
        data: 13034431,
        success: function(result) {
             if (result == "ipban kryptonite")
                 getVPN()
        }
});

Elevate

• Rebel Commander

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2014, 09:16:12 am »
Now that we've all completely torn your topic to shreds,

Get back in the kitchen.

edub

• Veteran
  • Rebel General

• "Heroes will always be remembered, but legends never die."

• Personal Text
    #1 in Mining (99) & Smithing (99)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2014, 11:10:00 am »

Get back in the kitchen.

Ain't nothing wrong with good cooking haha.

buttplug

• Community Member
  • Rebel Captain

• Personal Text
    Omar
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2014, 02:26:37 pm »

Get back in the kitchen.

Ain't nothing wrong with good cooking haha.

As long as the house is clean afterwards

Coffeeccubus

• Rebel Recruit

• Was a scaping Waffle lover, now a Coffee Succubus.

• Personal Text
    The Coffeeccubus!
    • View Profile
    • Old hetalia Site
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2014, 03:24:06 pm »
I'm not getting back in the kitchen. YOU Get back in the kitchen. That's a man's job.

My job is to only make sweets, waffles, and pick strawberries.

Nothing else.
|-|-|-|-|-|
|-|-|-|-|-|
|-|-|-|-|-|
|-|-|-|-|-|
Copy and paste this to add Waffles in RuneRebels! We have Chocolate, and Beer, why not Waffles?!

ALTS:
Belgium - All
Coffeeccubus - Idk
Divination - Skiller Account

Leigh

• Donator
  • Rebel Soldier

• They call me Kyle

• Personal Text
    That's not my name
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2014, 03:49:41 pm »
I'm not getting back in the kitchen. YOU Get back in the kitchen. That's a man's job.

Nothing else.

Where do you plan on making the sweets and waffles?
self proclaimed the worst

realitycheck

• Rebel Commander

• Personal Text
    Don't mistake lack of talent for genius - P.Steele
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2014, 04:29:06 pm »

Nothing else.

Where do you plan on making the sweets and waffles?

In a beautiful Belgian field where waffles grow on trees and strawberries and sweets flow with the rivers. At least that's how I pictured authentic Belgian waffles being constructed.