Author Topic: You all knew this was coming...  (Read 37483 times)

N0vapur3

• Rebel Captain

• View Profile
Re: You all knew this was coming...
« Reply #90 on: June 24, 2014, 09:37:01 pm »
Okay so let us speak theoretically here.

Let's say we leave the game as it is;
* No update
* No vital updates for an admitted 3-12 months.
* Slimmer chance of gaining more players.
* LESS for us to enjoy for now.

If we disable quest requirements;
* Update
* More aspects of the game accessible [Items, Areas etc]
* More traffic for the server as there is more content.
* If we get more of the existing players on we could gain more new players.

The main thing out of this is I just want to see the game grow collectively and get more players in-game. I know that these guys have worked so hard on the server so it's sad to see that a server of great potential is lacking a deserved strong player base. As previously said, this would only be temporary until the server is updated enough for it to be implemented. I don't see the issue in doing this.

Adding dragon weps and stuff only solves short term issues. We'll gain players for a few weeks (Like when 2.0 was released) then the server will go back down to the player amount it has now. We won't gain permanent players until we see daily/weekly updates which most likely won't happen. All the things you want temporarily available only helps veteran players, not new players.

Let alone no one advertises.

edub

• Veteran
  • Rebel General

• "Heroes will always be remembered, but legends never die."

• Personal Text
    #1 in Mining (99) & Smithing (99)
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 24, 2014, 10:22:14 pm »
Okay so let us speak theoretically here.

Let's say we leave the game as it is;
* No update
* No vital updates for an admitted 3-12 months.
* Slimmer chance of gaining more players.
* LESS for us to enjoy for now.

If we disable quest requirements;
* Update
* More aspects of the game accessible [Items, Areas etc]
* More traffic for the server as there is more content.
* If we get more of the existing players on we could gain more new players.

The main thing out of this is I just want to see the game grow collectively and get more players in-game. I know that these guys have worked so hard on the server so it's sad to see that a server of great potential is lacking a deserved strong player base. As previously said, this would only be temporary until the server is updated enough for it to be implemented. I don't see the issue in doing this.

Adding dragon weps and stuff only solves short term issues. We'll gain players for a few weeks (Like when 2.0 was released) then the server will go back down to the player amount it has now. We won't gain permanent players until we see daily/weekly updates which most likely won't happen. All the things you want temporarily available only helps veteran players, not new players.

Let alone no one advertises.

I agree with what N0va is saying, I think we have a large player base but many refuse to play or play another server (2006revived, OSRS) due to a lack of updates. More consistent updates, a re-branding of rune rebels through a stronger marketing campaign would help bring players back.

Cucking Funt

• Donator
  • Rebel Commander

• Personal Text
    Y0L0SWAG420BLEACHIT.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 25, 2014, 12:43:30 am »
This is I'm sure we don't want to attract lots of players in a time like this where Ryan isn't around.
Maybe just implement two places to try out that idea, like only Zanaris & Canifis

Or maybe some compromise, perhaps Canfis and Zanaris without the ability to obtain D longs and DDs?
why?

Prayer

• Player Moderator
  • Rebel General

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 25, 2014, 01:17:12 am »
I don't know why rush to release things though, RuneRebels in a coma, well almost on our last heartbeat. Releasing whatever you guys plan on releasing without quests might give us a small rush, but that won't affect the fact that we're almost dead. Maybe just keep RR on "idle" until it can be resurrected by someone who knows what they're doing. The wait might kill off the last batch of players, but surely they might come back, and a new community might start off when RR is back on it's feet again.

I'll just stay here and be an apple.

o woah
Opinions?
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 01:30:39 am by Prayer »

Austin

• Community Manager
  • Rebel Captain

• Has a nice view of your bedroom

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 25, 2014, 05:53:53 am »
I don't know why rush to release things though, RuneRebels in a coma, well almost on our last heartbeat. Releasing whatever you guys plan on releasing without quests might give us a small rush, but that won't affect the fact that we're almost dead. Maybe just keep RR on "idle" until it can be resurrected by someone who knows what they're doing. The wait might kill off the last batch of players, but surely they might come back, and a new community might start off when RR is back on it's feet again.

o woah
Opinions?
your a fruiot

edub

• Veteran
  • Rebel General

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 25, 2014, 10:10:17 pm »

o woah
Opinions?

An apple a day keeps the doctor away!

ZzReVeNg3zZ

• Donator
  • Rebel Commander

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 25, 2014, 11:37:32 pm »

An apple a day keeps the doctor away!

One spliff a day keeps the evil away.

edub

• Veteran
  • Rebel General

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 26, 2014, 06:59:32 am »
This is I'm sure we don't want to attract lots of players in a time like this where Ryan isn't around.
Maybe just implement two places to try out that idea, like only Zanaris & Canifis

Or maybe some compromise, perhaps Canfis and Zanaris without the ability to obtain D longs and DDs?
why?

Some people didn't seem entirely keen on releasing dragon weapons yet without quests, Zanaris itself offers a lot of new things to players. New slayer monsters, new slayer master, cosmic altar, and very close cow fields to a bank. Canfis offers the came, new monsters, access to colored robes, new slayer master, etc.

ZzReVeNg3zZ

• Donator
  • Rebel Commander

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 26, 2014, 10:40:52 am »
I'd rather there be like only 3 DDS' in the game than have those locations available instead

Onur

• Owner & Operator
  • Rebel General

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 26, 2014, 10:55:45 am »
I'd rather there be like only 3 DDS' in the game than have those locations available instead
If I'd get skeletal wyverns out, dds p+ would be released so that's doable, these are part of their drops

it isnt omar til omar says its omar

Prayer

• Player Moderator
  • Rebel General

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 26, 2014, 11:04:26 am »
If I'd get skeletal wyverns out, dds p+ would be released so that's doable, these are part of their drops

Thing is that requires an elemental shield, mind shield, or dragonfire shield, so it might be going the same route as metal dragons. Level 50's camping for dragon items without even getting a fire breathe on them, and because of our rates they did get a lot. Then again it'll require 72 slayer, hopefully, and that requirement will boost the amount of player who can't attack it leaving like only 4 people that could, which would be good.

Gornu

• Player Moderator
  • Rebel Captain

• Archmage of Fox Cities

• Personal Text
    World 6? Cakewalk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 26, 2014, 12:38:47 pm »
And how long does it take to get those levels?  A real grinder gets levels, doesn't give a lick about content, just wants to finish a character in maxing.  Most of us aren't exactly children anymore.  And those levels we work so hard on, when content gets around to be programmed, we'll come back.

I may like to get on OSRS, but most of the time I get on their it is either quests or levels, so....

I'd like to see that poll, and have it checked once again for multi loggers.  Then again, for content from quests there's still levels to grind up, and earning the items or areas is a rite of passage by those smart enough to earn them.

|-|-|-|-|-|
|-|-|-|-|-|
|-|-|-|-|-|
|-|-|-|-|-|
Copy and paste this to add Waffles in RuneRebels! We have Chocolate, and Beer, why not

ZzReVeNg3zZ

• Donator
  • Rebel Commander

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 27, 2014, 01:38:07 am »

Thing is that requires an elemental shield, mind shield, or dragonfire shield, so it might be going the same route as metal dragons. Level 50's camping for dragon items without even getting a fire breathe on them, and because of our rates they did get a lot. Then again it'll require 72 slayer, hopefully, and that requirement will boost the amount of player who can't attack it leaving like only 4 people that could, which would be good.

Yeah, and you better sell me one Prayer cause it was my idea ;)

JT

• Rebel Commander

• Personal Text
    Always watching
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 29, 2014, 11:53:16 pm »
YOLO420HACKTHEGAMEGETPEOPLEBANNEDSWAG#########

Join world 2 today!

Prayer

• Player Moderator
  • Rebel General

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 29, 2014, 11:58:09 pm »
YOLO420HACKTHEGAMEGETPEOPLEBANNEDSWAG#########

You have nothing better to do in your life? I assume not, but it's still sad you come here for that.