Author Topic: You all knew this was coming...  (Read 37471 times)

Onur

• Owner & Operator
  • Rebel General

• View Profile
Re: You all knew this was coming...
« Reply #75 on: June 24, 2014, 03:54:00 am »
And obviously quests don't just "roll in", but I don't see how that pertains to the issue?
Thus meaning that it's going to take anywhere from 3-12 months for us to even have access to these things due to quests. So you're willing to wait that long for vital aspects of the game to be released? Not trying to be a downer but there are remakes out there that are already more developed than us. A set back like this really puts us more behind the 8 ball.

I honestly think the more content we can have now the better. Improve the player base somewhat.

It might improve the playerbase, but those are the players we surely don't want to attract. Besides an increase of the playerbase at this current time is useless since it's going to decrease back down once they realise this server isn't the perfect remake they want, or they'll end up leaving for other reasons like that this server is 2x exp, lack of quests, lack of pking (presumably because it's 2x and everyone's really low level), lack of High scores because like competition, and many reasons.. For example if barrows is accessible, and someone got full DH it wouldn't even hit really high with low hp because it's not even coded in...

My idea would be to wait it out... It might sound dumb but during that time 2006Revived will probably be dead already or somewhat dead(many bugs, a dupe, glitches), and any other current remake too, so we won't have to worry much about competition. By the time Ryan comes back we can "start over" and start advertising for "RR's second release" or something like that to get players to come start playing, because we need players to come when we are in a positive slope, not in the slope we are in now. Besides the waiting method makes RR stay a true 2006 remake, which is the reason RR was even made.
Thing is ryan will never be back a 100%, after his study doesn't he have to find a job and stuff D:

it isnt omar til omar says its omar

Elevate

• Rebel Commander

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 24, 2014, 07:08:45 am »
It might improve the playerbase, but those are the players we surely don't want to attract.
It's not as if we need to attract "new" players. We just need something to boost the Mojo, if you will, of the server so that our current players hiding in the shadows come back and can enjoy the game. In the end we know when these things are worked on we attract new players but we are trying to improve for now and I think it'd be worth while to do this.

Also I think it's preposterous that you'd say that we don't want to attract a type of player. We want to attract every single player possible, Even the WoW ones. The more the merrier.

Prayer

• Player Moderator
  • Rebel General

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 24, 2014, 12:56:17 pm »
It might improve the playerbase, but those are the players we surely don't want to attract.
It's not as if we need to attract "new" players. We just need something to boost the Mojo, if you will, of the server so that our current players hiding in the shadows come back and can enjoy the game. In the end we know when these things are worked on we attract new players but we are trying to improve for now and I think it'd be worth while to do this.

Also I think it's preposterous that you'd say that we don't want to attract a type of player. We want to attract every single player possible, Even the WoW ones. The more the merrier.

I didn't mean to attract players from other games, I meant you're going to bring in the wrong audience, which won't last long.

ZzReVeNg3zZ

• Donator
  • Rebel Commander

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 24, 2014, 02:12:25 pm »
People are saying that we want to pull players in at a positive light - when the game is completed. My question is, if we aren't too concerned about advertising in the present, then why be worried about temporarily distorting the server's content and bringing in new stuff for a limited period of time. I mean come on, it's not like we'll pull in new players with this current lack of content anyways, despite how hard people work towards creating the server, it's developing at a slow pace.

And @Prayer, I'm to lazy to take the time to quote you, but in regards to your question about what I'm agreeing with, I meant I agreed with the idea of temporarily bringing content in, I wasn't bashing your decisions as a moderator, as essentially without community input and disagreements there would be no RuneRebels.

To be honest with you Kevin, I feel this is a situation that should be left to a poll.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 02:14:33 pm by ZzReVeNg3zZ »

Cucking Funt

• Donator
  • Rebel Commander

• Personal Text
    Y0L0SWAG420BLEACHIT.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 24, 2014, 02:30:40 pm »
I suggest a 2 week poll where everyone can vote. a change in votes would be nice because 2 weeks is a long time so you may change opinion. While the poll is active you could work on coding some of the content. like culinaromancer chest n shit.

buttplug

• Community Member
  • Rebel Captain

• Personal Text
    Omar
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 24, 2014, 04:56:31 pm »
Would there be any way to host a separate world to be specifically beta stuff?

Similar to switching between Members/Non-members on RS, the beta items wouldn't be usable in the Non-beta worlds and you wouldn't be able to log into the Non-beta worlds unless you're in a Non-beta area.

Or instead of sharing player accounts between Non-beta/Beta worlds, there could be separate user accounts?

Could you even duplicate user accounts to this hypothetical Beta world that would be kept separate from original user accounts on Non-beta World 1? I guess that would just make it a separate server right?

I don't know shit about how any of this works, I'm just trying to come up with ideas

Onur

• Owner & Operator
  • Rebel General

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 24, 2014, 05:34:40 pm »

Similar to switching between Members/Non-members on RS, the beta items wouldn't be usable in the Non-beta worlds and you wouldn't be able to log into the Non-beta worlds unless you're in a Non-beta area.

Or instead of sharing player accounts between Non-beta/Beta worlds, there could be separate user accounts?

Could you even duplicate user accounts to this hypothetical Beta world that would be kept separate from original user accounts on Non-beta World 1? I guess that would just make it a separate server right?

I don't know shit about how any of this works, I'm just trying to come up with ideas
42 is the answer to everything, and yes it is possible to have the same account buy separate banks, items skills etc ;)

it isnt omar til omar says its omar

Cucking Funt

• Donator
  • Rebel Commander

• Personal Text
    Y0L0SWAG420BLEACHIT.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 24, 2014, 05:35:40 pm »
just go ahead and not do that. that'd be great.

Muse

• Rebel Leader

• kastom titel?

• Personal Text
    If Vatican then I can too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 24, 2014, 06:06:54 pm »
Hello, I know im not an active forum user (I never was, since I went through many forums..) im just that type of thinker rather than speaker, well I came to express my view on this serious subject and stand up for what i believe, let's go :)

First of all, I feel deceived..as Kevin said:

I'm curious. Would you guys be opposed to changing things around, making the server a 2006 server, instead of a 2006 remake? I am not going to make an official poll or anything. I just want to see your (The Communities) thoughts on the idea. (Not going to do it, no rumors just an idea)

and now you guys started  to talk about polls, changes..I don't like that.
In brief, I want Runerebels to remain remake.

And Prayer, im with you :) +1 for you.

Thank you.

Prayer

• Player Moderator
  • Rebel General

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 24, 2014, 06:31:29 pm »
Hello, I know im not an active forum user (I never was, since I went through many forums..) im just that type of thinker rather than speaker, well I came to express my view on this serious subject and stand up for what i believe, let's go :)

I'm curious. Would you guys be opposed to changing things around, making the server a 2006 server, instead of a 2006 remake? I am not going to make an official poll or anything. I just want to see your (The Communities) thoughts on the idea. (Not going to do it, no rumors just an idea)

Thank you.

Ah yes, Kevin said no polls, yet everyone wants one. I suggest a "test" poll , but it isn't going to be used other than to just view what the players want. And Muse, it must be hard coming back to no new content, yet still wanting this server to remain a remake by not releasing everything without quests, so yeah it's good to hear your opinion on this

edub

• Veteran
  • Rebel General

• "Heroes will always be remembered, but legends never die."

• Personal Text
    #1 in Mining (99) & Smithing (99)
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 24, 2014, 07:24:21 pm »

Thank you.

Ah yes, Kevin said no polls, yet everyone wants one. I suggest a "test" poll , but it isn't going to be used other than to just view what the players want. And Muse, it must be hard coming back to no new content, yet still wanting this server to remain a remake by not releasing everything without quests, so yeah it's good to hear your opinion on this

I can definitely see you point of view on this subject. There's a slippery slope here, where would the line be drawn, etc?

buttplug

• Community Member
  • Rebel Captain

• Personal Text
    Omar
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 24, 2014, 07:54:22 pm »

42 is the answer to everything, and yes it is possible to have the same account buy separate banks, items skills etc ;)

omar es luv

Elevate

• Rebel Commander

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 24, 2014, 08:11:36 pm »
Okay so let us speak theoretically here.

Let's say we leave the game as it is;
* No update
* No vital updates for an admitted 3-12 months.
* Slimmer chance of gaining more players.
* LESS for us to enjoy for now.

If we disable quest requirements;
* Update
* More aspects of the game accessible [Items, Areas etc]
* More traffic for the server as there is more content.
* If we get more of the existing players on we could gain more new players.

The main thing out of this is I just want to see the game grow collectively and get more players in-game. I know that these guys have worked so hard on the server so it's sad to see that a server of great potential is lacking a deserved strong player base. As previously said, this would only be temporary until the server is updated enough for it to be implemented. I don't see the issue in doing this.

Prayer

• Player Moderator
  • Rebel General

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 24, 2014, 08:24:37 pm »
This is I'm sure we don't want to attract lots of players in a time like this where Ryan isn't around.
Maybe just implement two places to try out that idea, like only Zanaris & Canifis

edub

• Veteran
  • Rebel General

• "Heroes will always be remembered, but legends never die."

• Personal Text
    #1 in Mining (99) & Smithing (99)
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 24, 2014, 09:03:52 pm »
This is I'm sure we don't want to attract lots of players in a time like this where Ryan isn't around.
Maybe just implement two places to try out that idea, like only Zanaris & Canifis

Or maybe some compromise, perhaps Canfis and Zanaris without the ability to obtain D longs and DDs?