Author Topic: The 2014 Easter Event  (Read 10669 times)

MisterkNiss

• Rebel Soldier

• Personal Text
    Is mayonaise an instrument?
    • View Profile
The 2014 Easter Event
« on: April 20, 2014, 02:49:37 pm »
Alright, here's my rant on this years Easter event. I mean no disrespect to the mods and devs that planned it and implemented it into the game, this is solely my opinion and everyone is entitled to their own.

Okay, with that being said, I'm going to come out and say it. The Easter event was foolish and ill-planned. The point of holiday events should be to bring the community together and to let players enjoy the game together on the corresponding holiday. I do not believe that this event in any way brought the community together. It turned into a competition between players and sparked arguments and accusations. Players tried lying and decieving others in order to obtain the eggs for themselves, more than likely to take advantage of the fact that the eggs will become discontinued after today and they'll be able to make a quick buck once demand rises. There are plenty of players that have not gotten a single egg whilst there are players that have a handful. I did manage to get one egg for myself and it is the only egg that I plan on getting or trying to get, nor do I plan on selling it at any time. I like the idea of having it so that when future players join and ask about holiday rares, I can say "Yeah, I played that day and got one."

May I suggest that next year for the Easter event, tons of non-edible, non-tradable eggs be hid all over Runerebels. In cabinets, drawers, crates, store inventories, on the ground, etc. These eggs have a respawn time of around 20ish minutes and once a player collects about five of them, they are taken to one of the easter bunnies in exchange for the holiday rare and there is a limit on how many rares are able to be gotten.

Again, this is completely my opinion. I simply did not like the way this event turned out at all. Thanks for reading.

Prayer

• Player Moderator
  • Rebel General

• View Profile
Re: The 2014 Easter Event
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2014, 03:08:48 pm »
Well I think the only easter item there is left would be easter rings, so that wouldn't be a problem. They're untradeable and in no way directed towards the economy so like yeah, but for the phats, hmasks and other tradeable rares, we should do what you said

+1 I agree.
imo, delete all eggs, and let the easter bunny give away egg baskets (wieldable) ones for everyone that speaks with him :3

I agree
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 03:10:59 pm by Prayer »

Onur

• Owner & Operator
  • Rebel General

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2014, 03:08:59 pm »
+1 I agree.
imo, delete all eggs, and let the easter bunny give away egg baskets (wieldable) ones for everyone that speaks with him :3

it isnt omar til omar says its omar

Gh0stPred

• Rebel Soldier

• Streams at around 5PM GMT+1 (British Summer Time)

• Personal Text
    Yello
    • View Profile
    • Ustream Link
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2014, 03:46:14 pm »
+1 I agree.

why don't you do that then?

also +1 for this. I can't get them because im too impatient :D

Spiderjunkie

• Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2014, 03:57:38 pm »
I agree, There needs to be something fun to do to get the rare not just pick it up. Also +1 for wearable baskets.
One can only witness so much horror until they are .... I feel that i am on the brink.

MisterkNiss

• Rebel Soldier

• Personal Text
    Is mayonaise an instrument?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2014, 04:09:20 pm »
Might I suggest doing wearable baskets this event and then do the easter eggs next year? Also, extending the event schedule and making an ingame announcement (like the "Welcome to Runerebels!" on log in) so that players who do not check the forums but got an egg are made aware of the change.

Alectrona

• Donator
  • Rebel Soldier

• Creator of the RuneRebels Promo Vid

• Personal Text
    Nyan Nyan Nyan Ryan?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2014, 04:09:30 pm »
I say we have a server wide Castle Wars game or something and then everyone is happy. A game of castle wars would be worth so much more than an Easter Egg imo. It will bring the community together.
Man's flight through life is sustained by the power of his knowledge.

N0vapur3

• Rebel Captain

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2014, 04:56:31 pm »
The event took like 2 minutes to implement. It wasn't really planned and I thought it was dumb. I haven't been around but I recall James talking about doing this. I didn't like the idea from the start.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 04:58:22 pm by N0vapur3 »

James

• Developer
  • Rebel Captain

• Sean is my son

• Personal Text
    The RR Grandpa
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2014, 05:15:29 pm »
Basically, it was either do this or no event, because the development team had pretty much given up.

If you guys want, I'll disable the drops and remove all the eggs when I get home.
Hi, I'm James. I'm old as hell.

I need to Java again, lol

Ja

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2014, 05:24:30 pm »
Would be a big disappointment for me now that I did so much to get an egg, even without going to bed long...
Tbh I also found 3 locations with that low respawn time too little and would have found it better if it had been made like in original rs: ppl who are online easter 2014, should get enough of these discontinued items while having fun being online.

Would find it cool to spawn eggs throughout the map for a few days more so everyone can get his easter eggs.  8)
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 05:29:25 pm by Ja »

Onur

• Owner & Operator
  • Rebel General

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2014, 05:32:47 pm »
Basically, it was either do this or no event, because the development team had pretty much given up.

If you guys want, I'll disable the drops and remove all the eggs when I get home.

And add that easter basket to the easter bunny (discontinued and untradeable) so everyone can get one :)

nijntje

• Veteran
  • Rebel Leader

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2014, 06:16:49 pm »
Just do it like on rs07, randomly spawn easter eggs near you. Just with luck and a fun extra for skilling or pvm. Or for this event let the easter bunny give every1 on 1 ip-adress get an egg and if ppl want more go to the spawns?

James

• Developer
  • Rebel Captain

• Sean is my son

• Personal Text
    The RR Grandpa
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2014, 06:23:45 pm »
Just do it like on rs07, randomly spawn easter eggs near you. Just with luck and a fun extra for skilling or pvm. Or for this event let the easter bunny give every1 on 1 ip-adress get an egg and if ppl want more go to the spawns?

They were meant to be rare, that is why they only spawn every 90 minutes.

Unfortunately, if the eggs are removed, there will be no Easter event as that is the only thing I can do.

I don't have the accesses require to make npcs give items/dialogue. It was either that or Npc kills again, but skillers complained last time. This way is fair, because everyone has the same chance of getting one, and the individuals using auto clickers will have them removed
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 06:26:32 pm by James »
Hi, I'm James. I'm old as hell.

I need to Java again, lol

Onur

• Owner & Operator
  • Rebel General

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2014, 06:36:24 pm »

They were meant to be rare, that is why they only spawn every 90 minutes.

Unfortunately, if the eggs are removed, there will be no Easter event as that is the only thing I can do.

I don't have the accesses require to make npcs give items/dialogue. It was either that or Npc kills again, but skillers complained last time. This way is fair, because everyone has the same chance of getting one, and the individuals using auto clickers will have them removed
Just go for it then, this wasn't really an event it was just a who can whore out the most eggs:/
Who gets the egg was also determined by pid, this will be changed in the future.

Ja

• Rebel Recruit

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2014, 06:39:26 pm »
The fact that you can only get it on one holiday makes it a rare for me. But I personally think you should give everyone the possibility to get the rare if they're on at that day without generating hate among the community and without having to be online for hours... (and then still getting nothing)
But I got my egg, so good night...